User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: MBTI prayers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I can't believe what someone is telling me to be 100% true just because it's a good sob story or they make themselves out to be the victim. And just cause I'm listening to you doesn't mean I agree with you. Many people take my listening as tacit approval of their actions, which isn't always the case. When they find out that I didn't agree with what they did, then they think I've manipulated them in some way. Not true, I believe everyone needs to vent to someone so I provided that. I may have believed a person initially but eventually it was shown that everything was not as they perceived it or they did something to cause it. Usually they say it themselves (I have a very good memory) and it contradicts something they've already said. When this happens repeatedly (and I'm trying not to exaggerate but it's very very common), I tune out but although I'm still there.
    This is very interesting, proteanmix. I think sometimes I can be very naiive when it comes to whether people are trying to manipulate me. When it's blatant I see it and ignore it the best to my abilities (i.e., w/o being overtly rude). When it comes to inconsistencies in stories, and if it's a repeated problem (and I should add if it causes me worry or becomes a problem) I'll cut them out. I'm doing what you do, to an extreme. Do you think you could just stop listening? End the contact? </curious>

I think sometimes people talk just to talk.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    interesting take on life

so um what happens to that poor entp when he finally does settle down?
    It's a sorta "make the best of what comes along" sorta thing, accepting that there are always gonna be external things I can't control or change and praying that plots I make and things I work at/ work for, wont come unstuck for my plans not being adaptable enough, wanting to be able to adapt to those unforeseeable and uncontrollable curves that life throws at you, so that I and those dependent on me don't end up losing out.

I didn't mean physically settle down, I meant more 'conceptually' or mentally. I've had to settle down because of my kids, but it chafes at me and wanderlust calls to me like nothing else. That makes me stressed, and when we're stressed our inferiors kick in, which for me is Si, which keeps telling me I need to slow down, settle into a routine, become more structured - and yet if I do that, I quickly begin to feel strangled by it all. So I tend to go in a push-me-pull-you situation between leaping from idea to idea, studying different subjects, learning new philosophies and doing new projects and new jobs, and then when that makes me a very busy guy, the stress gets me feeling whipped or pulled back by my Si just when I want to keep going and feel like I'm getting somewhere.

you know what I find interesting, not just in this thread but in many here at MBTI is the lack of enfp input.
    My brother's ENFP. We have dominant Ne in common, which is fun until the auxiliaries kick in, then it's 'small doses' time.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

hhhmmm I always thought the entp was a Ti..... odd....

so since you have kids I am wondering if there is a wife and if so what type is she? curious is all.

my husband is an entp and any brain that I can pick to better understand and relate to him is greatly appreciated and needed
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

hhhmmm I always thought the entp was a Ti..... odd....

so since you have kids I am wondering if there is a wife and if so what type is she? curious is all.

my husband is an entp and any brain that I can pick to better understand and relate to him is greatly appreciated and needed
    LOL Targo we've been through this

I'm a female to male trassexual, I gave birth to the kids myself, they were conceived by me and my ex-husband, who I'd guess was possibly ESFP.

(Oh, and Ti is my secondary function )
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

damn I am horrible at this

appologies if I have offended...... feel free to throw a sucker punch my way I am sure I deserve it again sorry!

*sigh* I am so very very scattered brained and cannot keep anything straight these days *ugh*
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

damn I am horrible at this

appologies if I have offended...... feel free to throw a sucker punch my way I am sure I deserve it again sorry!

*sigh* I am so very very scattered brained and cannot keep anything straight these days *ugh*
    Don't beat yourself up about it, it's cool <-- Look, I even put a smile there to make sure you know offended I'm not <-- there's another one!

To be fair, it is quite complicated and non-normal!

ISTP: Hey buddy, stop making everyone so hypersensitive.
    Fixed.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    I am admittedly a little hazy on the next part, but sometimes an ENFJ can be taken advantage of, so even if she doesn’t want to harm others, she can still act in self-centered ways or manipulate people to do the “good” thing both for their benefit and for hers. (Is that at ALL close? I’m just taking my best guess.)
    I think you make a great F to T translator Jen ! I get into trouble most with manipulation if I start saying to myself "well it IS for their own good after all." I have now taken a route that if God meant for them to go that way He will lead them and I am not God! I have many of the same struggles with being selfish that all people seem to have. I generally choose other peoples needs over myself and everyone knows that about ENFJs. That is what makes us (me for sure) manipulatable at times. People in my life know that if they need me I will come and give it my all. I am like PM though that people 'playing victim' is a sure fire way to get me to stop paying attention to you. I am ALL about ownership and progress of your 'issues'-certainly not showering you with 'poor babies'. I will do that for a VERY short time if I see that potentiality in someone to grow as occasionally people need a little dose of that. The phrase 'misery loves company' is something I keep in mind when I come across those who want to sit, whine and go over the same problem continually making no effort to change. I have been hurt many times true, but I don't blame those people truthfully. I was naive enough to fall for it which is my problem not theirs. I have to do something about it. I find that generally it takes the form of setting boundaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafe
    I mean that there is more than one way a person can learn to become suspicious of the motives of others. .....and learning from hard experience that things are not always what they seem.
    This is what I thought you meant. I didn't want to jump on the wagon not being positive which direction it was going .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafe
    Hmm. I see self-interest as neutral, not bad, unless it is self-interest with no regard for anyone else at all. Otherwise, unprovoked malice is bad and altruism (though it can never be pure) is good. Provoked malice is neither bad, nor good. It is simply to be expected. The cost of incurring malice should be counted beforehand. Sometimes one can provoke malice unintentionally, in that case, one should attempt to iron out the misunderstanding if possible.
    I have much of the same views and I like the way you put it.

Did any of this explain the original question on ENFJs? I am a derailer to do it in another thread!!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

ISTP: Lord, help me to consider other people's feelings, even if most of them ARE hypersensitive.

ESTJ: Lord, help me to not try to RUN everything. But if you need some help, just ask.

ISFJ: Lord, help me to be more laid back and help me do it EXACTLY right.

ESFJ: Lord, give me patience, and I mean RIGHT NOW.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.
    I can identify with all of the above.

The ESTJ one sounds about right, although we don't really try to run everything... most of the time we take over because people can't make up their mind e.g. where to eat, which computer to buy, where to go for holiday... etc to me indecisiveness is a vice.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't want to overestimate my importance in this thread but in case anyone is curious, I'm not ditching it, I'm just taking time out to distance myself from my original interpretation of the ENFJ prayer to regain objectivity.