User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: MBTI prayers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Well, I'm often closed to other people's ideas, and I like to be independent.

I'm also a perfectionist, and I also have trouble finishing things I started -- especially if it's not interesting.

I also have trouble sticking up for myself simply because I'm kind of shy.
    Hmm. If the people who know you best had to pick the area they most wish you would work on, which would it be?

MBTI
    INTJ

I love these. The INFP describes my one GF to a "T". The ISTJ and INTJ are also on the money.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    The INTP and ISTP ones nail me pretty well, haha. Most seem pretty accurate, though I'm not sure about the INFJ one.
    as an infj I can tell you that for me at least, it hit the nail "right" on the head? I am on an INFJ list and it seems as though this is a very common thing for INFJ's.
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Can someone please explain the ENFJ one for me? Do ENFJs have trust issues?
    Anyone?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

ENFJ: Lord, help me to do only what I can, trusting you for all the rest. But would you mind putting that in writing?
    I have genuine curiosity as to what the other ENFJs will say so I didn't want to go first . This is my personal interpretation. I will say that much like the others types prayers this is a slight negative from my view. I read this a few years ago when I first learned about MBTI. I was absorbing any and all information that I could find. It amused me and annoyed me at the same time.

I don't want to quote myself as that's goofy. I don't mind repeating. I take very little of what people say at face value. Long before I had words (MBTI) to describe the way my thinking went I noticed something was different. I take what people say and think about the thoughts before that led up to the statement and your next possible thoughts after that <----the important part. I'm suspicious of peoples' motivations/intentions so yes I think that could be considered a trust issue. I'm not listening to what they say presently. I'm looking for all things hidden if that makes sense.

I will not speak for the others but I also have a tendency to believe others will screw-up my careful plans or forget what's really important. I think it resembles "if it's going to be done right I've got to do it myself". I don't know if that is a trust or control issue but it could be either for me.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I thought most were very good.

I did not understand the ENFJ one that well, although L4U really did help explain it better and I can sort of see it now...

The only ones I'd tweak are:

ESTP: Lord, help me to take responsibility for my own actions, even though everyone else keeps messing me up.

ESTJ: Lord, help me to not try to RUN everything. (Meanwhile, I've got everything covered down here.)

ISFP: Lord, help me to stand up for my rights (but if not, that's okay).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Can someone please explain the ENFJ one for me? Do ENFJs have trust issues?
    I've heard it said that ENFJs are warm on the outside, cool on the inside. I think that's true. I think this has to do more with our Ti than Fe. I think Ti is a natural detacher regardless of where it appears in your cognitive functions.

I notice that when I'm around people, I have this feeling of detached benevolence, like I hover above and oversee that everyone is one good behavior and we treat each other with kindness and goodwill. Like God smiling down on his creation. This may go against the ENFJ grain, but I don't feel like I often want to get involved. I don't want to get my hands dirty. But I know I appear to care (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) and people disclose a lot to me.

So while they're talking to me, my mind is constantly churning. I'm trying to interpret all this data they're sending out to me and what the meaning of it is. I'm the type of person that will get down in the trenches with someone, while they're at their lowest point and try to support them. A trench is not a very nice place. And sometimes people are on the losing side of a war that they foolishly started. So when you're on your hands and knees in all that muck you can't help but get a filthy yourself.

You begin to wonder would anyone be down here with you, would anyone want to see all this ugliness and squalor. What type of person is attracted to this, why would any sane person person willingly step into the minefield of another person's emotional life. Because I'm sometimes unsure of my motivations I project that out onto others.

So back to the question: Are ENFJs distrustful? I think I am, but I prefer to give people the benefit of doubt.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

That was a pretty cool metaphor !
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Enneagram
    1w2

Thank you!

INTJ: Lord, keep me open to others' ideas, WRONG though they may be.

ENTJ: Lord, help me slow downandnotrushthroughwhatIdo.
    I can relate to both