User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Default Forward or Backwards in time?

If you had to choose whether to go back in time or see the future what would you do? Your time machine can only make one round trip.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Future. No question about it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Same, because then you could see all the inventions for youself, learn how they work, and reinvent them and take credit and collect. Same with the lotto.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Backwards. I'd like to see what happened at one of these key turning points for which little concrete information exists, and all we have is speculation. This list presupposes some kind of magic potion that either makes me invisible, or helps me blend in.

The Fertile Crescent, 5000 B.C, would be interesting.

Another one would be witnessing the dawn of one of the major thought-systems.

The Dark Ages, by which I mean the first few centuries after the fall of the Roman Empire.

This isn't a turning point, but I'd like to see what was going on in the Americas, pre-Columbus.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

To the past. I would go to the moment of birth of my son and be on time this time around. Missed it by few minutes.
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

I would want to experience evolution from a microbe, emerge on land as an animal, develop farming and civilization and technology as a human, and learn everything that happened and live all the way up through human existence to the present with all the knowledge, wisdom, and abilities of the people I'd been through the timestream, all within one single continuous lifespan, and until this civilization rises up once again to its next highest stage of galactic complexity.

....Blegghh, sorry for breaking the rules of the OP so badly.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I would want to experience evolution from a microbe, emerge on land as an animal, develop farming and civilization and technology as a human, and learn everything that happened and live all the way up through human existence to the present with all the knowledge, wisdom, and abilities of the people I'd been through the timestream, all within one single continuous lifespan, and until this civilization rises up once again to its next highest stage of galactic complexity.

....Blegghh, sorry for breaking the rules of the OP so badly.
    Off my thread. I do not allow rule breakers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Past. I wouldn't press the escape button. I'd continue forth with higher hopes.
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

“In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

So you all basically want to be Dr Who?