User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Default Crazy Hair/Clothes

Which types are more likely to experiment with odd hair colors? Why? Is it to express individuality? Non-conformity? Differentiate yourself from the pack?

Im talking about those with like blue, pink, green, like that color hair. Some people seem like they want to portray some sort of character or something in the way they dress, like they die their hair and black dress in dark colors? Is it to express some sort of feeling?

Do people judge you differently if you choose to dress in a peculiar manner?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

As a teenager, I had a LOT of hair experimentation. Green, blue, purple (I'm not talking about highlights. I'm talking about my WHOLE HEAD). Tbh I was the literal definition of teenage angst around 14 (which is when most of the hair experimentation was), and the reason I stopped was because it's too much work. My hair is naturally dark so in order to dye it vibrant colors like that I had to bleach it first, which damaged my hair a lot. Now I don't do anything to it.

Why did I dye my hair so much in so many different colors? Dunno. I wanted to. I liked it. It was fun.

I never did any "clothing" experimentation, though.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Hambeasts without a real personality, so they change hair colour to differentiate.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

I never really understood it, I always thought it would be annoying as all hell to have like blue hair because then all people would do would be to ask you about it. I always thought those people were kind of attention whores.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I've never felt the need to go to such extremes to express myself. Then again, I don't really like being the center of attention. At all.

Plus I think having bizarre hair and clothes limits you in your career options. Not a lot of businesses are going to hire you, because it looks unprofessional.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

I almost think that the popularity of trying to be different from other people has kind of done a 180 on normality. Nowadays it seems like it has become 'normal' to experiment with odd colored hair/ give your child an exotic name. It seems like trying to be unique has become so mainstream, that those that stick to tradition are actually becoming the minority.

I myself have dyed my hair just to see what it looked like and because I became bored with it. But Ive gone blonde, red, darker brown, those sort of colors. Dying your hair purple seems restricting instead freeing kind of like what Badoctopus said

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I dyed my hair blue at my high school graduation. My dad thought it was inappropriate because it wasn't reverent enough, or that it was embarrassing, or something like that. My mom and my grandparents thought it was amusing.

Yes, I think I was doing it at the time to be an attention whore.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

While I've never dyed my hair an unnatural color or worn crazy clothes, I do have a tendency toward this kind of thing. I got my navel and tongue pierced when I was a teen ager, I desperately wanted pink hair and a bindi on my forehead when I was in middle school. I like my style to reflect my personality and tastes, so I do dress a little 'funky' sometimes and I have a visible tattoo as well.

For me it comes down to being able to do what I want. I enjoy being creative and there's no palate besides myself that I can imagine feeling free to experiment with as I choose. I don't like to do stuff that's too 'loud' because I really do not want to be hassled or questioned about it. I do it for me, I do it for fun. Life's not for blending in, or for sticking out. To me it's about doing neither of those consciously, trying to reject those notions as completely as I can, so I'm not hindered by some arbitrary societal norms when it comes to things so inconsequential as style choices.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Video, ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Is this something indicative of high Fe, high Fi? Is it type related, or just a matter of personal preference?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I think it's more just a matter of personal preference. Perhaps the motives for why people do it are somewhat type related. Maybe Fe would do it to "fit in" with peers who do the same, whereas Fi would be more likely to do it as a form of self-expression and to "stand out"? Who knows. Me, I really just did it because I liked the vibrant colors.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description