First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

1. I have three different full names.

2. It very rarely takes me less than an hour to fall asleep at night.

3. I have some early gray hair and no desire to dye over it. I like the color gray because it goes with everything.

4. I once made a $700 typo.

5. My home is just a little bigger than my parents’ bathroom. I could have chosen bigger, but I just don't use any more space than this. I don't want things that I don’t use.

6. I’m not capable of actually putting faith in a religion, but I do find religion interesting as a subject.

7. The only book in the Bible I’ve read is Revelations. Despite the non-religious thing, this fact can tell you more about me than any of the other ones here.

8. For one thing, a fascination with hells - all the different mythical underworlds and outer darknesses. As I've gotten out into the world, that interest has become more of an explorer's drive - ice caps, swamps, deserts, deep space, any place you wouldn't want to start a village.

9. I can find something to appreciate in almost any genre of music, but realistically I listen to mostly electronic and hip hop.

10. Sometimes I like to multitask and put on a video while I work. I prefer action movies, exploitation and cartoons for this, since it’s hard to get lost if I look away from them for a moment. I do not like to watch movies without something else to do in my hands. No movie theaters, please.

11. I guess my tastes in most art forms are pretty physical and loud, though in real life I'm asked to speak up a lot.

12. I had my first piece of writing published when I was six years old. It was an overbearingly moralistic page and a half about a cat.

13. Speaking of cats, one of my best friends in college was one. I had chronic pain at the time and only slept a few hours in the daytime each day. The highlight of each long night was when this homeless Persian met me outside the dorms at 4 AM on the dot, and we went exploring. He was the neighborhood brute, often chasing other cats off the campus and hunting nocturnal prey half his size, but he only demanded a tribute of warmth from me.

14. I used to be afraid of spiders, but then I was bitten by one about the size of my hand. Now they're practically my spirit animal. Their inconsistent image speaks to me - venomous yet crushable.

15. I once had a pet butterfly for an afternoon. I expected it to fly away when I approached it to take a photo, but instead, it climbed onto my arm and stayed there my entire walk home. When I got home, I let it off on a flower in my building's garden - again, it just crawled off, still unwilling to fly. While I got some incredibly detailed pictures of it, I was concerned that its abnormal behavior meant it was sick, so I researched butterfly diseases. This came up with nothing, but I did learn that the species of butterfly is born with lighter coloration the earlier it is born in the season, and that the faded hue of this one suggested that it was months over its average lifespan. I had given a ride to a weakening senior citizen.

16. I am wasting this fact on redundantly saying that animals feel like my peers, and I could go on about them. I probably absorbed this ethos from my mother. She's ISTP, 6w5.

17. Dying with people by my side sounds kind of terrible to me, even if they're beloved. Privacy, please. If I must die at all.

18. I sometimes feel uncomfortable about this because by all standards, romantic relationships are known to be a marker of adulthood - but having one still doesn't sound appealing to me. My friendships are close, though.

19. I tried out for every play in high school, but never got a part. Now I'm sure my problem was overacting - I just relished a free pass to yell and weep in front of everyone.

20. I've enjoyed the occasional cigar.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

1. I just became a homeowner for the first time this month when my GF and I bought a house.
    2. I love baking and cooking.
    3. My favorite way to spend free time and money is going to rock concerts. I rarely feel more alive.
    4. I’m a picky eater, but I’ve frequently eaten things that aren’t even food on dares. I’d rather eat a handful of dirt than a shrimp.
    5. I’m an Eagle Scout.
    6. I’ve driven across the USA three times, twice solo.
    7. I like football so much that last season I got up in the middle of the night most weeks to watch my team (I don’t live in the US anymore).
    8. I love beer and recently started brewing my own. I just finished making a vanilla bourbon dark ale.
    9. I’ve been on TypeC since 2007, and only a handful of people seem to be left from that time.
    10. My favorite dish is veal parmesan, but I usually answer chicken parmesan so I don’t have to deal with the flak.
    11. I worked in the film industry for a long time, but now I work in mobile games development.
    12. I’ve lost weight since I started living with my GF because I eat less when I’m eating in front of someone.
    13. I never get enough alone time, and it upsets me because I can never make the people I love understand it’s not a comment on how I feel about them.
    14. It’s really hard to come up with 20 of these.
    15. I had a comedy blog for about three years and I miss it terribly. I still go back and look at it sometimes.
    16. I wouldn’t have thought so before I had them, but having fruit trees makes me unreasonably happy.
    17. I love movies, and “Raiders Of The Lost Ark” is my favorite because it’s the one that made me want to make movies.
    18. I grew up in New Jersey, and I’m convinced 95% of the people that make New Jersey jokes have never been anywhere in the state except for a five-mile radius around NYC.
    19. When I or anyone I like has been profoundly wronged, I struggle to think of a response I’d deem excessive.
    20. I’m going to miss David Letterman’s show terribly. I haven’t seen it in two years because it’s not on here, but I liked knowing it was there.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari
    Likes SD45T-2, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    10. My favorite dish is veal parmesan, but I usually answer chicken parmesan so I don’t have to deal with the flak.
    I had never thought about it that way, but I guess it makes sense that you would need more than birdshot to down a flying calf.

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    vanilla bourbon dark ale

Sounds like something I'd enjoy.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

1. I fear the sea, yet feel drawn to it. I could live on an island.

2. I'm a redhead.

3. I wear glasses because I am near-sighted.

4. I didn't start playing an instrument until I was 20 (bass guitar, followed by acoustic guitar and later electric. I also dabble in keys but I would in no way consider myself a keyboardist)

5. I cannot read music notation

6. I have a very good ear for music. I can hear a song or melody once or twice and usually pick it up right away

7. I have been in 2 bands: one rockabilly/punk band, one shoegazey/melancholy art rock (3 if you count occasional jams with my dad's band)

8. I once made it to spelling bee finals at my elementary school. The word that tripped me up was Colonel.

9. I border on agnosticism/weak atheism. I don't believe in science but I believe in the scientific method.

10. I love astronomy and other fields of science but could never bother myself to learn the math required to excel.

11. I scored relatively mid-range on my SATs except for the writing portion where I scored in the top 98th percentile.

12. I might have some form of autism or aspergers but have never discussed with or been diagnosed by a professional.

13. I consider myself an amateur anthropologist.

14. I find endless enjoyment in speculating about what-ifs, both past (i.e. alternate history) and future.

15. I'm a huge trekkie/trekker and have what some might consider an encyclopedic knowledge of all the films and series.

16. I like an eclectic range of music (I will give anything at least 1 listen) although the bulk of my favorite music would probably fall into the categories of progressive and 70's art rock.

17. I used to aspire to be a science fiction writer.

18. I have a deep and almost irrational fear of cockroaches.

19. I believe that time and the universe are infinite.

20. I never finished college.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by aanule View Post
    13. Folding laundry is overrated
    Yeah, I don't understand the point of hauling my laundry back and forth all the time. Why not just keep it in the dryer? Just turn it on for 5 mins before you want to get something to de-wrinkle it.

Here's mine.

1. Contrary to my username, I am not all that much of a Disney geek.
    2. For a period of time when I was younger, my parents took us to Disney world for several consecutive years.
    3. I have been dancing ever since I was little and at some point or another I've done ballet, lyrical, jazz, pointe, hip hop, African, and contemporary.
    4. I have 3 brothers.
    5. I have never had the desire to create anything.
    6. My left hand has always had this weird lump on the back of it and my left thumb doesn't like to straighten as well as my right.
    7. I am an atheist.
    8. I come in contact with dead people on a regular basis.
    9. I have some interest in the philosophy of Taoism (I recommend The Tao of Pooh)
    10. Reading really just isn't a past time of mine and never has been. I don't think it necessarily makes me less intelligent, though my vocabulary might be a bit smaller.
    11. Mi lernigis al mi Esperanton. (I taught myself Esperanto. :P)
    12. It's really hard to come up with 20 things about me.
    13. I am extremely lazy and a procrastinator.
    14. I have only been outside of the US once to go to Canada...and I don't remember it because I was like 4.
    15. Hello if you're reading this.
    16. I can lick my elbow. This is totally serious and not a joke. I don't know why people say it is impossible.
    17. I have a sizable collection of Animorphs books in my basement and I wish I had the complete set.
    18. Who is even reading this?
    19. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.
    20. I want to donate my body to science.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    5. I have never had the desire to create anything.
    Not even... this post?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    Not even... this post?

But in all seriousness, perhaps I should've described that differently. I've never had the urge to create a drawing, choreograph a dance, make a song on the piano (which I played for a number of years), write a story, etc. Sure, I have the desire to communicate with other people, but I don't have a desire to do creative activities. If you give me instructions to build something, choreography to perform, etc., I like doing it...but I don't like creating things myself.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    But in all seriousness, perhaps I should've described that differently. I've never had the urge to create a drawing, choreograph a dance, make a song on the piano (which I played for a number of years), write a story, etc. Sure, I have the desire to communicate with other people, but I don't have a desire to do creative activities. If you give me instructions to build something, choreography to perform, etc., I like doing it...but I don't like creating things myself.
    Hehe, fair enough. I like to think of art as communication, just more meditated and impactful than regular conversation (usually, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    I had never thought about it that way, but I guess it makes sense that you would need more than birdshot to down a flying calf.

You gotta admit they had the best uniforms.