User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Stream View Post
    20. Have been to Finland
    That's an achievement. Where were you and why? Holiday? What did you think about it? Tell me all about it!
    "The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd."
    - Bernard Russell

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

1. I'm an organic chemist, and the "worst" thing I've done is accidentally injecting myself with DMSO. Worst in the sense that it could have been a far worse chemical in the syringe.
    2. I decided I wanted to be a chemist at the age of 10.
    3. I absolutely can not stand (most) heavy metal. It makes me feel physically uncomfortable, at worst sick, and it can drive me from public places.
    4. I have Asperger's syndrome, but you'd likely never know it if you met me in person and I didn't point it out.
    5. I grew up on the Jersey shore.
    6. I'm an only child, and my parents divorced when I was 3 (no half or step siblings either).
    7. I went to college 2000 miles from home, did not visit the school beforehand, and had no family or friends in the area. Grad school I went an additional 500 miles more, with the same no friends/family setup.
    8. I've had part of my genome sequenced, just for fun and curiosity. Through it, I learned I have something called BH4 deficiency. Though my phenylalanine levels are normal.
    9. I'm gay and came out of the closet at the age of 15. I had no hangups, or discomfort with myself over it. I regarded it as a non-issue.
    10. I had very little social timidity as a young child. My parents somewhat dreaded taking me to the store because I'd talk to everyone I laid eyes on, wanting to know their life story.
    11. My tolerance for spicy food is sky high. I have yet to taste a dish that is too hot for me to eat. I've also experienced what pure capsaicin is like, seeing as I've extracted it out of habaneros before.
    12. I love to ski. I went nearly 30 times during the 2009 season.
    13. I didn't get my license until I was 21, and I have never owned a car (I'm 25).
    14. I got my scuba diving license when I was 13, although the last time I used it was when I was 16.
    15. My mom did not know her "father" wasn't her real father until she was 18, did not meet her biological father until 40. They met 3 times. Consequently, there is a portion of my family I've never met.
    16. I hate getting wet. As a consequences I hate bathing despite doing it every day. Once I am wet though, I'm usually ok.
    17. My dream home would be somewhere in the Arctic circle. I love winter in every way, and hate warm/summery weather.
    18. I love public speaking, the more people in the audience the better.
    19. The primary reason I have a beard is because I hate shaving. I haven't been clean shaven since the age of 21.
    20. I am a creature of habit. I can eat the same food for days, weeks, months, even years and not tire of it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Littleclaypot liked this post

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    1. I'm an organic chemist, and the "worst" thing I've done is accidentally injecting myself with DMSO. Worst in the sense that it could have been a far worse chemical in the syringe.
    How do you accidentally inject yourself with anything?!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    How do you accidentally inject yourself with anything?!
    I was using a very very tiny reaction vile and injecting the needle through a teflon/gel seal. Since the vial was so short, if I used too much force the needle would touch the liquid which in this particular reaction would have been an issue. Because of this, I used so much stabalizing force that when it penetrated the seal, I overcompensated, pulled it out, ended up bringing it down onto my thumb hard enough that I pressed down on the plunger some.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

1. I have two dogs, a Bluetick coonhound and a mutt that is 3/4 Weimaraner, 1/4 Redbone coonhound. Their names are Delilah and Ferdinand, respectively.
    2. I have two cats, just regular cats, named Zelda and Bender.
    3. I'm a developmental editor of educational material, focusing on K-8 ELA. Sometimes I get to write reading comprehension passages about fun topics and I really enjoy that.
    4. I have two children, a 15 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. My son has autism.
    5. About ten years ago I was diagnosed with ADHD, inattentive type, but I've been able to compensate well without needing to use medication.
    6. I've been married to my BFF for going on 17 years, together for going on 22. As the great sage Tina Turner says, he's simply the best; better than all the rest.
    7. I played roller derby for a couple of seasons, 2010 and 2011. I was also the PR/Marketing committee head for the league, which was a lot of fun. I was an official for another season and then I had to let it go due to time constraints.
    8. I never did settle on a roller derby name I loved. The one I wanted originally was Stone Cold Jane Austen, but at that time there was a database of all the derby names everywhere and you weren't supposed to duplicate somebody else's name, and apparently a lady in the Midwest had already thought of it. So I was Pwn of Arc, then St. Knives for most of the time I actively played, and as an official took the name Hug Lyfe.
    9. I'm starting to have trouble thinking of things to say and getting a little sad that I'll never be as cool as @Ene.
    10. I have a little side hobby DJing at parties for people who are too cheap to hire real DJs. I've also done a couple of wedding receptions (family only). If anybody asks (sadly, they almost never do) I tell them that my DJ name is Juice Box Hero, which, come to think of it, would have made an excellent derby name.
    11. I went to Quaker school from the age of 10 to 15, and later spent one year at a Quaker college. I identify as a Quaker although I go to an Episcopal church and was actually confirmed Episcopalian a few years ago. I don't see any reason why I can't draw from both traditions.
    12. I don't know if I believe in God or not, but I don't really think it matters. I don't think I need to know for sure. If God is a thing, it made me this way.
    13. I am constantly working on uprooting remnants of a racist upbringing, digging for my unconscious biases. There was a lot of racial tension where I grew up, and my family was pretty racist back then. (They've all come a long way, though.) It never felt right to me and I got a rush of anger every time somebody in my family used a racial slur.
    14. My brother, in the 1st grade, had his IQ tested by the school and it was the highest result in the county's history. When I started Kindergarten a couple years later, they tested me because I was his sister, and mine was the second highest. But our parents never talked about this to us when we were kids, and they didn't tell us that story until the past few years. They didn't want us to feel like we were better than the other kids. (I am 100% certain if I were tested today it would be wholly unimpressive- I probably peaked in Kindergarten.)
    15. I was homeschooled for the 10th grade. How that looked in reality was: my mom got a set of Brittanica Great Books and turned me loose. She helped me audit a couple of classes at the local university (math because my mom didn't think she could teach me math, debate and English because I wanted to take them).
    16. As soon as I turned 16 I took the GED (like, literally, on my birthday) and started taking classes at the community college for credit, so I was a college junior at 18 when my peers were graduating high school.
    17. Because of my unorthodox education I was pretty isolated, socially- I was never around my age peers, and the college kids I was around didn't really want to hang out with me. To make matters worse I was painfully, PAINFULLY shy. I did make a few friends in college, including my husband, and later learned about introversion, which was a huge thing for me- what I had always thought was "wrong with me" was just a feature of my personality.
    18. In my early 20s I participated in a study at Duke University that aimed to determine whether group therapy, medication, or a combination of the two was more effective in treating social phobia. I was in the group that got both, and it really helped.
    19. Speaking of medical studies, to make a little extra cash before we got married, my husband and I both participated in another study at Duke University, a clinical trial on a new sleep medicine (that I later found out was Ambien). Every night for a couple of weeks I went down to the sleep lab where the technicians would spend an hour glueing electrodes to my scalp, and then I would go in the "bedroom" in the lab and try to go to sleep. After a few nights of determining I had bad enough insomnia to be included in the study, they started giving me the medication. ZONK. I was paid $80/night for this.
    20. I invented the Snuggie. (Not really, I just don't expect anybody will actually read this far.)
    Likes Hard, Ene, gromit liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    20. I invented the Snuggie. (Not really, I just don't expect anybody will actually read this far.)
    Oh you underestimate peoples (read: mine) nosiness .

Likes Ivy, /DG/, Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

1) I don't know any other languages. I tried Spanish in high school but I didn't really catch on and so after a few weeks the class made me have a nervous breakdown.

2) I have virtually zero grasp of math.

3) I've never been to a foreign country.

4) I don't drink and never have. It doesn't appeal to me, which is good because alcohol could interfere with some of my meds.

5) I have no interest in coffee either.

6) I had to do 6th grade twice.

7) I've never had a real job.

8) My main talent is generating medical bills. Pretty much ever since I was born.

9) I've never dated.

10) I've lived in California my entire life but never felt an earthquake.

11) I've never been to the East Coast.

12) I don't play any instruments.

13) I've never been into video games.

14) I read Trains religiously.

15) I'm worried about the repercussions of PRIIA 2008 because positive train control still won't be ready for prime time by December.

16) I'm pissed off that Shimano dropped triple cranksets from most of their groupsets.

17) My feet are 12 EE. I've been a New Balance loyalist for years because of their width selection.

18) I miss being able to run.

19) I'm kind of a misanthrope. As an extrovert, this makes things sort of complicated.

20) I think this list is crappy.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

1. I'm right-handed but use the computer with my left-hand. This is because my dad is left-handed and when I would use his computer growing up, the mouse would be on the left side, so I just naturally learned how to do it that way. My friends think it's obnoxious because they have to move my mouse whenever they want to use my computer and claim it's "on the wrong side".

2. When I was a senior in high school, I wrote my senior research paper (10 pages long) on why dragons don't exist, because I wrote it jokingly as one of my "suggested topics" for the paper and my teacher said he liked the idea. So I did it to impress him, lol. It was fun.

3. I have OCPD and this is where all of me and my INTP sisters' conflicts arise, because she tends to be messy and not meet my hygiene standards.

4. I decided not to continue with my schooling to get a BA (I have an AA) because I have second thoughts and change my mind about what I want to do every 3 days, and school stresses me out too much. I like learning recreationally, and school was killing it for me. However, I was a straight-A student and repeatedly made the President's Honor List.

5. I was picked on a lot in elementary school, and never physically bullied, but "socially" ostracized by almost all of my peers. I still don't know why.

6. I like to leave my friends random compliments at 2am on facebook before I go to bed so they have something nice to wake up to.

7. Sometimes my managers at work get upset with me because I don't "remind" them that I haven't had my break even though I've been at work for 6 hours. Part of it is because it's supposed to be their job and they're supposed to keep track of that; part of it is because for some reason I'm too nervous to bring it up; and for the most part, it's because I like when they forget and have to give me both of my breaks at the same time, so I get one long break instead of two little ones and then after my break is over I only have another hour left of work.

8. I am a male, and this is important to me because I wasn't "always" a male. It took a lot of confusion, frustration and internal battling for me to come to terms with this. I am blessed to have friends who all accept me for who I am and I love them so much.

9. My favorite show of all time is Red vs Blue. I could watch it 3,000 times in a row and never grow tired of it.

10. I've been trying to think of 10 more things for the past like 20 minutes. I don't think I'm that interesting of a person but I still want to share stuff so I'm trying really hard to think of something at least somewhat worth mentioning.

11. I'm probably going to go deaf because when I listen to music with headphones on I blast the volume to max (only when other people aren't around to be bothered by it).

12. I am terrible at money management and am easily influenced to buy things I don't really need. If my ISTJ best friend buys food, so will I. If he buys a video game, I'll buy it too. He bought a hamster, a LIVING CREATURE, and I spent 400 dollars to buy a 20g fishtank and an arsenal of toys and also got a hamster. But that hamster is really cute and I love her so it's okay.

13. I get told on a daily basis by customers at work that I am "the sweetest/most helpful" person ever and it really does make my day to know that people appreciate me, even when I'm not even really trying that hard to be nice. I'm nice to everyone, even people who aren't nice to me.

14. I change clothes like 4 times a day and then question why I have to do laundry so often.

15. Typing #14, I just realized I forgot to wash my work uniform that I need for tomorrow. Oh no.

16. It takes me a lot longer to do things than it takes most people to do. I walk really slow, I can't do things at work as fast, etc. But I talk really fast. Probably because I live in Arizona.

17. I really like musicals.

18. My favorite video game of all time is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I have played it countless times and love it so much.

19. My most prized possessions are the little keychains my best friend has bought me over the years, and a stuffed animal bunny.

20. I am 20. My birthday is in July. Many people mistake me for a 17 year old. There are a lot of things I don't understand about adulthood yet, but I am trying to learn. When I was 14 I didn't think I would ever change, but I am a completely different person now than I was when I was 14 (thank god).
    Last edited by yama; 04-18-2015 at 03:59 AM. Reason: typo
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

Permabanned
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nico_D View Post
    That's an achievement. Where were you and why? Holiday? What did you think about it? Tell me all about it!
    The summer of 2000 and again in the summer of 2011, I journeyed to the Finnish city Jyuvaskula (not sure/ don't care if I spelled that right) with family to visit other family (my grandmother, the primary coordinator of the trip, is a full fledged, pure bred, born and raised, rye bread chomping, uncharacteristically of the country non- Vodka swilling Finn). My thoughts? Oh, the countryside was marvelous both times. Like something out of a bright Bavarian flash of lost lore. The city life was much less intoxicating, except for when I caught the privilege to explore Helsinki on the 2011 stretch, the capitol. What a sight...what a grand spirit of classy Western European culture and commerce gliding weightlessly in synchronization with airy, calmly icy North Atlantic sea breezes. All in all, a treat. Well, except for during the 2000 stretch when my then teenaged Finnish monster of a cousin used his woodland navigation expertise for cruel trickery, convincing a young me we were lost while exploring the wilderness, when in fact we were close to home. I cried, and vowed revenge until I learned of his experience with bullies during that time and that he was probably taking out his unpopularity with stronger peers on weaker distant cousins, so he got what he deserved through them so revenge on my part became unnecessary.

Enneagram
    9w8

@Ivy I read all the way to 20. Roller Derby, that's so fascinating. Also, your job sounds so great. You seem cool to me and very interesting.

Btw, I checked into Rosetta Stone yesterday for the Chinese. If I can get my overloads at work to foot the bill, I'm going for it.

@DreamBeliever this is a cool thread. I like learning about everybody.
    Last edited by Ene; 04-18-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Add on a thought
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes gromit, Ivy, N/A liked this post