First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Eww, like a buzzard or a jackal. Don't you have any dignity?

I think this is a good time to bring up the point that a properly prepared person is barbecued, low and slow over applewood or oak. Pit roasting is the second preferred option.
    I guess if we want to be fair, everyone first sacrifices their ears for the group stew pot.

Next everyone tosses in a few toes or fingers.

Eventually people will all be asked to give up one hand/one arm.

... yeah, I'm going on my kelp diet, if only to have an excuse not to contribute to the group flesh fund. (I might not get as many vitamins but by the time everyone else gets to the point of fighting for survival, the woman with two hands and two feet will rule the island!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess if we want to be fair, everyone first sacrifices their ears for the group stew pot.

Next everyone tosses in a few toes or fingers.

Eventually people will all be asked to give up one hand/one arm.
    This applies:

Likes Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'd rather eat my self. :|
    Imagine this is the best thing you've ever read.
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Eww, like a buzzard or a jackal. Don't you have any dignity?
    An eye to the long-term dictates we cull the sick, weak and elderly first. Judging on music preferences alone, this means we will probably have to eat @Jaguar first. If we are careful with our rations, someone else will have died off either from despair or dysentery long before our Jag Jerky supplies have run out.

I think this is a good time to bring up the point that a properly prepared person is barbecued, low and slow over applewood or oak. Pit roasting is the second preferred option.

As I typed that I imagined myself mop basting with a nice vinegar based baste, while crying with my mouth watering.
    Qlip, unless the meat is well spiced to preserve it, barbecued meat will probably last three days tops without refrigeration. A lot of good meat would be wasted, and we'd probably have to kill somewhere between 2-3 people per week to make sure enough fresh meat would be available.

This model is not sustainable.

In addition, consuming that much human flesh would probably make the onset of kuru more rapid than if we were just l occasionally supplementing our diets with protein-rich Jag Jerky. Not to mention we'd be losing out on additional labor for the construction of shelter, and securing other essentials such as potable water and delicious coconuts.

This is not to invalidate your point that barbecued long pig could not be a culinary treat for us all, however.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    An eye to the long-term dictates we cull the sick, weak and elderly first. Judging on music preferences alone, this means we will probably have to eat Jaguar first. If we are careful with our rations, someone else will have died off either from despair or dysentery long before our Jag Jerky supplies have run out.

Qlip, unless the meat is well spiced to preserve it, barbecued meat will probably last three days tops without refrigeration. A lot of good meat would be wasted, and we'd probably have to kill somewhere between 2-3 people per week to make sure enough fresh meat would be available.

In addition, consuming that much human flesh would probably make the onset of kuru more rapid than if we were just l occasionally supplementing our diets with protein-rich Jag Jerky. Not to mention we'd be losing out on additional labor for the construction of shelter, and securing other essentials such as potable water and delicious coconuts.

This is not to invalidate your point that barbecued long pig could not be a culinary treat for us all, however.
    ... i think I'm starting to formulate my viable alliances.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mademoiselle View Post
    I'd rather eat my self. :|
    Survivor Type (by Stephen King)

Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Unfortunately I dont know everyone well enough to know who would be the tastiest... Need to do more research... Only get one shot before people start coming at me...
    Likes JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

An eye to the long-term dictates we cull the sick, weak and elderly first. Judging on music preferences alone, this means we will probably have to eat @Jaguar first. If we are careful with our rations, someone else will have died off either from despair or dysentery long before our Jag Jerky supplies have run out.

Hmm, hmm. Good points. I guess I wasn't taking this seriously enough.

Judging on music preferences alone, this means we will probably have to eat @Jaguar first.
    Dream on.
    The future is for the unafraid.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Hmm, hmm. Good points. I guess I wasn't taking this seriously enough.
    It's ok. When the time comes to isolate you from the herd, I will ensure that your death is quick and painless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Dream on.
    Would it help if I told you we'd all be super sad when we ate you?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth