User Tag List

First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

A lot of the anger at Paris Hilton probably comes more from the fact that she doesn't have to work, can be as ditsy as she likes, etc. yet is famous, while people who don't have these qualities and do jobs, are not famous or considered important.

Good that she went back to jail. It's only fair that she did.

Life is hard in prison cell, but still I hope she doesn't try to smuggle a dildo in. It will be confiscated for sure.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway

MBTI
    type

I just hope her dogs are being taken care of. It must be terrible for them to be separated from her, especially in her hour of need.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I wonder what the penalty would be if an average working-class person did what she did?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I wonder what the penalty would be if an average working-class person did what she did?
    Hopefully, the same. If not, then something needs adjusting...Little Miss Priss shouldn't be allowed a punishment any different than anyone else.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

To be fair, the comcast article says this:

Q: Will she serve all 45 days?

A: Probably not. Hilton will serve about 18 days, Baca said Friday. State law requires that inmates get time off their sentences for each day they serve. Hilton was expected to serve 23 days of her 45-day sentence. She has already served five days, according to the sheriff's department.

Q: Are other inmates usually released before they've served their full terms?

A: Yes. County jails are overcrowded, Baca said, and most misdemeanor offenders serve just 10 percent of their sentence. "Under our 10 percent early release program, (Hilton) would have not served any time in our jail or would have been directly put on home electric monitoring system," he said Friday.

Q: Are other prisoners released because of medical conditions?

A: Yes. "It happens all the time," Whitmore said, depending on the nature of the offense. Nonviolent offenders typically serve 10 percent of their sentence, he said, adding that Hilton "has done twice as much (time) as any other person with a similar offense."
    Her histrionics are outrageous for someone of her age (26 years old), but at the same time, she's already serving more time than most in similar situations.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I always thought the government went easy with rich people, seeing how they did more to help the government in terms of finances.

Remember Martha Stewart?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Oh my!!! She has withdrawn her court appeal to serve her sentence under house arrest!

Quote Originally Posted by Paris Hilton, Some Rich Slut
    "Today I told my attorneys not to appeal the judge's decision. While I greatly appreciate the Sheriff's concern for my health and welfare, after meeting with doctors I intend to serve my time as ordered by the judge. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to reflect and have already learned a bitter, but important lesson from this experience. As I have said before, I hope others will learn from my mistakes. I have also had time to read the mail from my fans. I very much appreciate all of their good wishes and hope they will keep their letters coming."
    I dunno, maybe she isn't really that dumb...her vocabulary sounds reasonably vast. Plus, she's willing to take responsibility. The monkey has grown into a (wo)man.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't think we can base anything on a jailhouse confession, while she's still under such emotional duress.

Did you know that one reason she was upset about going back to jail is that she had ordered a bunch of food and items for a large "I'm out of jail party" last Friday night? Yes, she was in jail a few days and suddenly she's throwing a big shindig inviting 200+ people to her house to celebrate her getting out so early.

Someone who has made some decisions that will stick long-term would more likely still be in contemplation mode at that stage, not planning a huge party and returning to the old style of life.

I think it's nice she has made this overture, but really, the true test will be where she is at four months from now, even a year from now, once she gets back out. Many people know all the right things to say when they realize they're stuck and can't get out of their trouble; and once they're free, they go right back to where they were.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't think we can base anything on a jailhouse confession, while she's still under such emotional duress
    I wouldn't take anything much about this story at face value. It all has the ring of being pretty scripted.

I suspect the plan from day one was to have her paid for shrink cook up some phoney 'medical issue' story to get her released. Which it did. I guess her handlers didn't count on the public outcry and the fact the judge seemed to take it personal.

Next thing, after she says she is not going to appeal, she trots out some more bs (obviously scripted by her PR rep) about how she doesn't want media attention on her case to distract from things the the IRAQ war. Yeah, Paris is all about world peace.

Half a day later, more PR scripting, on the phone to Barbara Walters. Play the God card Paris! America always falls for the God card. And so she does. Paris is all spiritual now. Praise Jesus.

It's am amusing farce as long as people recognize it for what it is.