User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I never really noticed that she was in jail except for a "free Paris" bit whcih apparently never really registered. (which is odd for me, usually I end up hearing a tiny bit about this sort of gossip pop culture stuff.)

I am one of those "wouldn't like jail" people, since the various rules, fear of other inmates, etc. would easily overpower the small amount of time in a cell. (and if it was a several person cell, I wouldn't get any time to myself anyway.) Unless this jail happens to be a really, really easy jail, I would prefer to be there about as much you would expect from a random person.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    heh good idea. I imagine their first inclination would be to say "ohmigod!! you don't know who paris hilton is??" but they couldn't, because it would sound much lamer than not knowing.
    Yeah, and you can see every bit of that thought process flash through their expressions. It's a thing of beauty. You just have to keep a straight face.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    I never really noticed that she was in jail except for a "free Paris" bit whcih apparently never really registered. (which is odd for me, usually I end up hearing a tiny bit about this sort of gossip pop culture stuff.)

I am one of those "wouldn't like jail" people, since the various rules, fear of other inmates, etc. would easily overpower the small amount of time in a cell. (and if it was a several person cell, I wouldn't get any time to myself anyway.) Unless this jail happens to be a really, really easy jail, I would prefer to be there about as much you would expect from a random person.
    Well, if the crime you commit is serious enough, they'll probably keep you in a secluded cell...at least a few years before they poke you with a needle. (Plus, some states don't have capital punishment.)

The electric chair is the best way to go.

I just imagine what I'd order for a last meal -- it would be in the truckloads, so when the chair is switched on, my stomach will explode. In addition to me, the execution witnesses would also be in for quite a shock!!!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I just imagine what I'd order for a last meal -- it would be in the truckloads, so when the chair is switched on, my stomach will explode. In addition to me, the execution witnesses would also be in for quite a shock!!!
    This, of course is another reason that the simpler method would be to stay out of jail.

I'm actually trying to think of what the best food would be also to cause an explosion. It would, of course, depend how the electricity flows through the body, if nothing goes through the stomach, it would be pointless. If electricity did go through the stomach, the food would likely need to include something that would give off a lot of gases when heated. Just eating a small amount may work, to fill your stomach up with digestive juices to be evaporated, Drinking something carbonated to fill up the stomach beforehand, to get the gas pressure built up quickly, may also work.

Another possibility if if you could get air into the stomach and burn something, though I doubt this would work well with most foods, as most food items likely wouldn't burn quickly enough.

It wouldn't expect solid foods to do the trick, they can rupture people's stomaches if people eat too much, but that would release the pressure most likely, and wouldn't go beyond that. any stomach explosion seems more likely to cause throwup than an actual abdomen bursting, gut spewing, explosion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, sometimes science isn't as fun as fantasy.

You'd probably shit your pants, though!!!

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Schadenfreude

"Paris Hilton was taken from a courtroom screaming and crying Friday seconds after a judge ordered her returned to jail to serve out her entire 45-day sentence for a parole violation in a reckless driving case.

'It's not right!" shouted the weeping Hilton. "Mom!" she called out to her mother in the audience.

Hilton, who was brought to court in handcuffs in a sheriff's car, came into the courtroom disheveled and weeping. Her hair was askew and she wore a gray fuzzy sweatshirt over slacks. She wore no makeup and she cried throughout the hearing."

Her body also shook constantly as she dabbed at her eyes. Several times she turned to her parents, seated behind her in the courtroom, and mouthed, "I love you." '

Are the any legitimate reasons to see Paris Hilton humbled?

Paris Hilton leads a charmed life. Before her DWI arrests, she committed no crime. Just led an indolent life, doing whatever she pleased. She did that after the DWI also. I think people are a little jealous of her. Not because most want to be her, but because she isn't restrained the way most of us are. She can afford not to go "work", take vacations whenever she'd like, buy whatever she wants to buy, get people to do things she doesn't want to do herself. Not have any of the real world responsibilities most of us are forced to have. We resent that she's able to do this, all the things we want to do but can't. This doesn't mean that most people want to party all the time, but just be able to do what we want without repercussions.

What is starting to get on my nerves is the public outrage. Don't be mad that justice isn't being served, because people don't care about justice. They just want Paris to suffer. I was full of evil glee when I heard she was going to jail, and I'm even happier now that she's going back. But it's not because she broke the law.

MBTI
    INFP

There's a hell of a lot of schadenfreude going round, but I have to say I think this jail term will be good for her. I doubt she's had too many firm boundaries drawn up in her life. And she was guilty of doing something dangerous, remember. She seems to be taking it a bit like a little kid who's always been able to emotionally manipulate her way out of punishment. She's in solitary in America ffs. It's not like she's in a Burmese hellhole getting gang-raped 5 times a day.

I really don't give a shit about any of the celebrities mentioned here, but to follow on from protean - I find it interesting how many people are wound up about justice (not here, but in the wider sense) but don't pay even the remotest level of attention to 'normal' people who are justly or injustly incarcerated on a daily basis.

I thought the whole point of justice was that it applied equally across cases. The sheer irony. It would blow my mind if I didn't love it so.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    There's is a hell of a lot of schadenfreude going round, but I have to say I think it'll be good for her. I doubt she's had too many firm boundaries drawn up in her life. And she was guilty of doing something dangerous, remember.
    ... and then blaming her publicist.

I'm tired of hearing about her, to be honest, but I am shedding no tears over her being held accountable in some way for her behavior. And not all just for public sentiment either -- how is she ever going to improve until someone slaps her around and helps her grow up?

I'm afraid the damage has already been done, however; and she'll be the non-deformed Michael Jackson -- "the little girl that never grew up."

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    I really don't give a shit about any of the celebrities mentioned here, but to follow on from protean - I find it interesting how many people are wound up about justice (not here, but in the wider sense) but don't pay even the remotest level of attention to 'normal' people who are justly or injustly incarcerated on a daily basis.
    Very true.

Then again, the public isn't having its nose constantly rubbed in the kaka of all of those OTHER people on a seemingly daily basis.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post

I thought the whole point of justice was that it applied equally across cases. The sheer irony. It would blow my mind if I didn't love it so.
    Agreed. This whole fiasco does an disservice to the concept of justice. I don't care if she rots in prison. I can't believe that people are saying, 'she could have killed somebody' (which she could have) but you don't put people in jail for what they could have done.

Just make it about what it is. Ultimately Paris Hilton has to deal with the consequences of not growing up, not anyone else. Turn off the TV or ignore the papers and gossip. I'm sure many people are told they need to change (maybe even some of you) and the need to change is legitimate. Do you change? Do you think you should be thrown into jail (or whatever jail is for you) and forced to change? If you're going to change it'll be when you're ready to.

Do people really care about Paris's maturity level? This is Scared Straight 2007 Hollywood Style.