3 33.33%
  • Amsterdam, Netherlands

1 11.11%
  • Wellington, New Zealand

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Where would you rather live?

Default Where would you rather live?

Somewhere I have never been. Perhaps, Paris.
    If this is the best of possible worlds, what then are the others?
    ― Voltaire, Candide

Senior Member Array

In a pineapple under the sea.
    Likes Hard, /DG/ liked this post

1w2 sp/so
    SLE Se

I am fairly certain I would be happy living in Seattle. It's a very populated areas, including a lot of the surrounding area (which I've learned I rather need). It's very close to nature, and the kind of nature I like (lush cool forests with mountains and snow in some areas), and is an overall liberal, but also live and let live attitude without. I also said Vancouver for the same reasons. Though I did say no to Portland. I have actually been there several times, and while it's nice to visit. I'd actually be unhappy living there. There just something about it that just doesn't jive. I suspect I'd feel that way before I visited, and I was right. I don't really fit in there all that much. While Seattle and Vancouver are similar, there are differences as far as I can tell.

I also said yes to Munich, Germany. I visited there when I was 14, and I loved it! It felt right, and I feel like that would carry over today. I also feel like I would fit in the culture of Germany quite well, and I've been told my many people over the years (including several German natives) that indeed I would. Germany is on my list of countries I'd like to try to move to (or even immigrate to if things in the US look long-term grim; I'll have a universally marketable degree to leave as well).

I also said yes to Oslo, Norway. Like with Germany, I feel like I'd fit in there quite well. The environment there is also almost exactly what I want: very far north, mountains, snow, wet, water/ocean/sea. I also feel like culturally I would fit in there rather well. Norway is also on the list of places I'd like to move to in the future.

I also said yes to Finand. I feel like I would rather enjoy living there. The language would be a challenge to learn since it's Uralic, but if immersed I think I would pick it up enough. The country is also a powerhouse of what I want politically and economically. Unfortunately, there are some details to their government that would make it a challenge for me to live there and enjoy it. I also feel like the culture would be tougher for me to integrate into. This would be a place I'd like to live here for a short period, but likely not forever.

Everywhere else did not catch my interesting, would feel/be wrong, or I'd actively want to avoid ever living there.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Why such a random list?

Junior Member Array

Near Times Square in New York

3w2 so/sp

Voted for Portland, because I curently do live there! I wouldn't mind Seattle either.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2

Likes Hard liked this post