User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Tarot Readings

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    583 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    You seem like you're not really searching for something in particular, just poking out of curiosity. Which is cool. A single card pull can satisfy that and is easy to type up.
    Thanks!

I would like a general reading too.

If I want a Tarot reading I will call my mother, she reads cards for a living.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    If I want a Tarot reading I will call my mother, she reads cards for a living.
    That's cool. This is just.. a less formal approach to it all. Something for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    I would like a general reading too.
    Since most people have important decisions ahead of them, another good spread is a two-path one for general reading. It has a central card, and on the left and right corners a stack of two cards. It looks like this:

1--2
    3--4

The first card, top left, is the first path, or outcome: Eight of Man - Losing interest in a matter deeply important to you. The situation of being forced to abandon something you invested great interest and love in. Emotional withdrawal and lethargy.

The second is, duh, the second possible outcome: Seven of Artifacts in reverse - Being trapped in a hopeless situation from which you cannot withdraw. A feat that is too much for you to handle, or being caught in deception.

The card below the first (3) is what is pulling you down the first possible way: Queen of Sites - Earth behaving as water, such as a hot spring. A warm, generous host, providing shelter and comfort for all who seek it. A steadfast card, representing a domestic quality, sensibility, and maturity. There is an appreciation for nature tied to this card, and it is no secret we refer to nature as Mother.

The card below the second (4) is what is drawing you to the second possibility: Nyarlathotep - Mastery over words, mind, and matter. The ability to turn ideas into actions, handle problems, and initiate new things in one's life with success. Moving, working communication.

The 5th card, touching each of these corners, is the factor that will sway you and ultimately decides what will come to pass: Six of artifacts in reverse - Intellectual pride. Conceit. Being stuck in a problem which seems to have no answer or solution. Frustration and anxiety that have not settled is an element of this card, and delay of plans or travel as well.

So, we've got a lot going on here! A seemingly rock and hard place situation has you stuck, but let's examine the cards' meanings a bit more. Losing interest in something you've put a lot of effort towards may not necessarily be a bad thing--though it certainly sounds bad on the surface. People can invest a lot of time in, for example, not loving themselves and respecting themselves. Or putting a lot of effort into guarding people away from their heart. So why do I think this isn't a bad path? The card leading you there is immensely positive. Something, or someone, nurturing and maternal in nature (a new job providing for you, a non-stressful hobby, a new friend or relationship, or even a relationship with one's self) is starting to call to you, and draw you in that way. One example of this set-up is a man's position between his mother and his new found relationship. A mother can have a ton of devotion and time put into her son, and the son to the mother.. but eventually, a man grows up, and breaks off for a different kind of nurturing that's more suitable to his needs. The relationship between the mother and son changes.

The second path is stagnation. Something trapping you into your situation, and you feel like you're stuck for years there. This can be as simple as a new car purchase, or as complex as a vicious situation of dating people bad for you as a match. Or maybe you're caught in a web of your own lies and deceit, and now you're trapped maintaining being/acting someone who is false. This one is the one I'd lean towards personally, as the card leading you here is an attempt at a new way of life. Mastering the balance of acts and words, you're not stupid, and it is easy to deceive those around you. Maybe you're trying to be motivated at work but the job isn't suitable for you. Maybe you're dating a girl that.. honestly you don't connect with, but you're unsure so you're convincing yourself to stick around. Maybe you see a new fad diet, and so you avoid the harsher truth of loving yourself as you are by trying a "new" thing that is the same exact thing with a different mask on. These are stereotype examples I'm using, but they illustrate the point. One path is definitely preferable to the other.
    The thing that will decide is whether or not you can overcome yourself. Your pride is keeping you from making a decision it'd rather not make, and keeps you stagnant--and thus on the second path. Find some humility in your own prowess, and try something new. You are your own worst enemy.

Tldr: You're going to have some struggle and hard times ahead of you, dealing with the idea of dropping something that's a complete sunk cost in order to recover and let positive things into your life. It's not easy to forget one's own pride, accept that we're not as smart as we think we are, and that life gets the best of everyone. But the other alternative is to keep on the path you've been on, and stagnate. So, shake it up, and start trudging through that mud.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes violett, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Ah, I've done this before, but I took off way too soon and never heard the reading.

Can I have a general reading?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rala View Post
    Ah, I've done this before, but I took off way too soon and never heard the reading.

Can I have a general reading?
    Alright! Let's get to it! I chose a shadow truth layout for you, as it's simple, but the aim is to delve into the unknown.

4 1 2

The center card is the attitude you assume: Great Race of Yith - Withdrawal from events to introspect and gather strength. Seeking an inner voice, a calling, or meditating on a vision within. There is a need for understanding, and advice seeking with this card.

The card to the right is the thoughts and feelings driving this attitude: King of Artifacts (Liao) - The essence of air, such as the sky. A mature leader of unwavering ethics. Emotional and material concerns do not sway the principles behind this card, and clarity, directness, and action shine through. This does not necessarily inspire good emotions or love, but respect and loyalty.

The card up top how your attitude is evolving: Seven of Sites (St. Toad's) - A pause to check on the progress of your labors. Difficult decisions to be made ahead, and patience is required. Evaluation is the best way to describe this card.. evaluating one's status.

To the left is how others perceive you: Mi-Go - An achievement of balance. Inner harmony after a great trial. Agreements and contracts are a go with this card, the weight of karma lifted, and a turn for the better in business matters.

On the bottom is that which is unknown and unseen.. what you cannot confront, or hide from yourself: Two of sites (Irem, City of Pillars) - Balance and harmony achieved in a time of upheaval and transformation. Two steps forward for every one back. Changes in occupation, and priorities being adjusted appropriately.

So what does all this mean? It sounds pretty positive, right?

Because it is! People see you've struggled, and continue you, and gone through the muck, and you did it with grace and live your life with positive influence on others and yourself. Now that you're able to breathe a little, you're pausing to answer all the questions that were put on the back burner. You want to know what if, what could have been done, and why. You might draw inspiration from someone in your life that handled things so well, and you tried your best to be like them (where I feel the second card stems from) and handle your own problems with grace. But two cards show you pausing.. not out of doubt, but out of curiosity. Did you do the right thing? Did you really do your best? Could you have been better? Others aren't pausing nearly as much, but why should they? It is your inner thoughts after all. But the big reveal is--You ARE that person you were hoping to be. You might not be the spitting image of the influence of justice and loyalty the second card shows, but you did it in your own way as your own person.. and really, that person doing those things is quite more than enough for both yourself and everyone else. Introspect, and collect your thoughts, and go in peace knowing you did all you could and you did it well.

Tldr: That'll do, pig.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Alright! Let's get to it! I chose a shadow truth layout for you, as it's simple, but the aim is to delve into the unknown.

4 1 2

The center card is the attitude you assume: Great Race of Yith - Withdrawal from events to introspect and gather strength. Seeking an inner voice, a calling, or meditating on a vision within. There is a need for understanding, and advice seeking with this card.

The card to the right is the thoughts and feelings driving this attitude: King of Artifacts (Liao) - The essence of air, such as the sky. A mature leader of unwavering ethics. Emotional and material concerns do not sway the principles behind this card, and clarity, directness, and action shine through. This does not necessarily inspire good emotions or love, but respect and loyalty.

The card up top how your attitude is evolving: Seven of Sites (St. Toad's) - A pause to check on the progress of your labors. Difficult decisions to be made ahead, and patience is required. Evaluation is the best way to describe this card.. evaluating one's status.

To the left is how others perceive you: Mi-Go - An achievement of balance. Inner harmony after a great trial. Agreements and contracts are a go with this card, the weight of karma lifted, and a turn for the better in business matters.

On the bottom is that which is unknown and unseen.. what you cannot confront, or hide from yourself: Two of sites (Irem, City of Pillars) - Balance and harmony achieved in a time of upheaval and transformation. Two steps forward for every one back. Changes in occupation, and priorities being adjusted appropriately.

So what does all this mean? It sounds pretty positive, right?

Because it is! People see you've struggled, and continue you, and gone through the muck, and you did it with grace and live your life with positive influence on others and yourself. Now that you're able to breathe a little, you're pausing to answer all the questions that were put on the back burner. You want to know what if, what could have been done, and why. You might draw inspiration from someone in your life that handled things so well, and you tried your best to be like them (where I feel the second card stems from) and handle your own problems with grace. But two cards show you pausing.. not out of doubt, but out of curiosity. Did you do the right thing? Did you really do your best? Could you have been better? Others aren't pausing nearly as much, but why should they? It is your inner thoughts after all. But the big reveal is--You ARE that person you were hoping to be. You might not be the spitting image of the influence of justice and loyalty the second card shows, but you did it in your own way as your own person.. and really, that person doing those things is quite more than enough for both yourself and everyone else. Introspect, and collect your thoughts, and go in peace knowing you did all you could and you did it well.

Tldr: That'll do, pig.
    That makes... a lot of sense. Thank you tons.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

The Relationship spread. It's a giant 'H' shape, with three cards stacked on either side of a center card. 7 total aspects, lots of information to work with, with all the little pieces interweaving. What more appropriate of a spread to analyze relationships can a gal ask for.

1---2
    3-7-4
    5---6

It looks something like this.

At the top left (1) of the H is how you see yourself: Two of Sites (Irem, city of pillars) reversed - Imbalance and no harmony. Spinning the wheel, as they say, and taking two steps back for every one forward. A lot of effort with no tangible results. A frustrating card no doubt, but we already knew that from your question.

At the top right (2) is how you see your partner... in this case, anyone else: Queen of Sites (Church on Federal Hill) reversed - Earth behaving as water, such as ice. Suspicion and mistrust, and a preoccupation so intense that prosperity or peace cannot be enjoyed in the face of trying so hard to get them. A cold, generous host. You want people in your life, but you don't trust them at all. Nothing new so far from your statements, just a confirmation the cards are giving you that you're on the right track there... but we get to see something slightly new here -- a hint that definitely the whole world isn't crazy.. it IS you causing this. But why?

Let's go the next rung down.. the center cards. The center card on the left (3) is how you feel about people beyond the superficial overlay: Queen of Tomes (Books of Osan) reversed - Fire behaving as water, such as steam. Passion and sensuality. A domineering presence, a seductress that only says what people want to hear, but quickly pushes others aside when faced with a new desire. Vengefulness, quick offense, infidelity, and contempt all surround the card. Steam seems lovely, but when you get close it burns quickly. People, to you, say what you want them to say.. and they can read your wants like a book, while disappearing into thin air soon afterwards.

Center right (4) is what stands between you and your partner (aka people in general): Seven of Tomes (The King in Yellow) reversed - A failure to stand up for beliefs. In the face of potential conflict, all your ideals of being honest and forward sink like foam in the sand. There is a self-fulfilling fear of judgment, and embarrassment is a heavy burden this card holds in reverse. Crucial moments are squandered.

The lower left (5) is how people (or your partners) see you: Three of Man (Inspector LeGrasse) - A time of merriment and reflection spent in the company of loved ones. The strength of a diverse community, and joyous gatherings, holidays, sentimental times are all associated with this card.

The lower right (6) is how people feel about you: Nyarlathotep - Mastery over word, mind, and matter. The idea of turning decisions into actions, control over one's life, and the ability to handle problems that come your way.

Which leaves us the center card (7) bridging all of these concepts together across an idea... the challenge of the relationship: Night Gaunt - Cyclic transformations. Femininity, and youth are somewhat represented here, but in a dark way.. damsels in distress, beasts turning into beauties and back into beasts, and vicious cycles of the night conjuring ideas of the occult, of nightmares and dream sensitivity, and of peril and danger.

So let's bring all of these cogs together and see if we cannot make a machine start turning. It is interesting that two readings in a row I pull out very similar cards, since I haven't drawn many of these in a long while.
    Take note how all of the cards regarding your own emotions are topsy turvy.. Nothing is forward with a good card being good, and a bad card being bad.. but good cards reversing into bad ones.. In comparison to the cards representing others towards you.. it's very plain and straight forward. No shadows, no secrets. People are blissfully unaware of this turmoil! I'll bet you catch them off guard many-a-times, if they even know at all that you fret over this. They see you as put together, and happy, and well organized in your relationships, and people may even make compliments towards you about your ability to handle issues and resolve problems. You make a front that allows people to continue their thoughts unhindered by your truth.. because you like their truth better.
    In comparison, you think very dark thoughts towards others. They're just seducing you.. using you.. creating closeness when it is convenient. Maybe you're well put together in other aspects of life.. maybe you're good with your money, or have a stable career, or you're a good mother/sibling.. whatever it is, there are aspects about you that people who are less put together gravitate toward, and you might as well be throwing daggers at them when they enter the room the way you leer at them in suspicion. You don't want to be fooled for a moment. A dark past of a person lying to you in the past? But there's more to that.. Maybe you weren't doing such nice things to others early in life, and regrets linger over that.. maybe you get bored of people easily, but selfishly want people to not bore of you... or maybe you've never allowed any positive love in your heart out of the survival technique of avoiding being hurt--and thus also avoiding being helped. You have walls up so high that China is jealous, and you're a regular Chris Angel (Or David Copperfield, whatever your age group is) making a whole wall disappear before an audience. Whatever the stem, the real harsh truth is... You're doing the VERY things you're suspicious of! You're being leery, assuming the worst in others, judgmental and harsh.. and you're seducing them, making them think you're so much nicer in your own mind than you really are. Making them believe you're so well put together because you want to be. You sing the lies you don't want sung into your own ears for fear of a student surpassing the teacher. You're the very demon you want to see in others.. and people can conjure anything they really want to see. And so the cycle continues. And the only way to break cycles is to step out of them. You're still playing the game of power struggles.. of being on top before others get on top in some way. You cannot trust because you know you aren't trustworthy. You cannot feel peace because you create none. Your relationships are not close and full and positive because you do not create those concepts.. and thus feel anyone else incapable of it.
    You're doing the very things you think others are doing, and while it seems ridiculous when others do this (like the girl on Maury screaming that her husband is cheating--only to discover SHE'S the one cheating! How can someone be so bizarre?), the truth is everyone has this issue.. they want to be better than they truly are. But the only way to get there is to become something different than you were before. You cannot 'be just who you are' if 'who you are' is a mistrusting debbie downer that leads people to believe things that aren't really true. Either accept the dark shadows of your mind for what they are and don't be upset when others show you the same in kind.. or break this cycle. Don't play this power struggle game anymore, and do something completely different, leaving both the good and bad behind--and thus all the illusions and dishonesty.. so that a fresh start can be created, and this feeling of freezing in the crucial moments can end finally.

Tldr: You are the traits you see in others, and so all other people might as well be a mirror. Any situation only fuels the cycle to continue.. and when you think you're breaking it, you're actually just playing the game from a different angle, and round the circle goes. You'll never get close to people, truly, when you're displaying behaviors in your own mind you don't want from others.
    Wow, goodness... I suspected it was something within me, but this is a lot deeper than I first thought. Thanks for the insightful reading I'm going to strive to break the cycle now.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

Oh do me do me!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Oh do me do me!
    Anything particular you're looking for? Or do you want something general?