User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Thread: Tarot Readings

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Fascinating; I know nothing about this sort of thing. So I was wondering whether you would give me a general read?
    mobtarot.jpg

Three Fates Spread - A simple design. Past, Present, Future insights from each card. I use the Lovecraft deck because I like the symbols it represents more than the traditional ones.

The left - A card from the past to represent an important element. Seven of Man: Captain Marsh. A big daydreamer. Things seen in a glass of contemplation. Energies scattered by strong desires and passion, but unrealistic and unfocused goals. Basically, you are interested in so many things that you end up with a lot of stagnation due to stretching yourself too thin or not making hard decisions.. The fear of missing out on the things you'd neglect dedicating your time to one thing ironically negates everything.

The Center - A deciding element of the present: The Hounds of Tindalos reversed. An unexpected turn of bad luck.. something in sequence is broken, outside influences are just making it worse. You may even blame Karma or fate for this stroke of bad luck. Usually because this card is associated with changes taking place as a result of earlier actions that cannot be taken back. THere is also a hint of lacking the free will to turn things around or prevent this bad luck from happening, making it even more daunting. While this card represents the present, what that means is different for everyone.. and how the bad luck manifests can be different for everyone.

The Right - A critical piece in the future: Azathoth. Fearlessness, imagination, and openness. There is an adventurous stirring in this card. Freedom from cares and worries, impulses are coming from a completely unexpected place, and a sense of zen regarding whether things are won or lost -- like playing a game for the sake of playing. Which I think is shining towards the idea that, basically, life is hard and your personality and decisions that come naturally to you maybe even helped influence the current situation you are in.. but also, that that same personality has the potential to turn things around, and create, have peace, and give spirit with the same brush used to paint the current picture.

Tldr version: You have a pretty normal life, or what can be considered normal now-a-days (who really knows anymore). You're a bit of a dreamer, a little indecisive when young, and maybe you're in a situation that is less than ideal because you weren't proactive about things in the past--or maybe the situation is something that you could not prevent at all. Most people have this. Fortunately, it's never too late to turn it around, and use what comes naturally to you in a more positive sense.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Dr Mobius liked this post

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

A general reading please!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ubot View Post
    Interesting. I'd like to start with general reading. Thanks!
    I chose a twisting path formation for you. There is a checkerboard style pattern that looks as noted.

tarotrdtypc.jpg

On the bottom rung, the left card is the first decision on this path: Page of sites (Sentinel Hill) - The essence of the Earth.. A mountain. A surprising new appearance of opportunities. Delights in things of the physical realm. There is a keen distinction between this are more foolhardy cards that deal with lusting for the physically attainable.. this lends more towards the rewards of hard work, and realistic goals and the pleasures that come from this. A lot of rock steady dependability stems from this card.

So of course, moving forward and up to the left represents a false path. The one touching the left corner of this card is: Deep one - Pausing to reflect. Surrendering to an experience. The adjustment of new ideas, and stagnation through sacrifice. There is a sense of inner peace and fate with this card. Here's where it gets a little interesting..

The card touching the right corner, the one in the middle of all of this, is the second decision in your path: Ace of Tomes (The Necronomicon) - A seed of new venture that may yet manifest itself. An opportunity for boldness to be met with vigor. Primal nature manifests in this card, with surges of vitality, or fertility, attached to it.

Of course, opposite of this is the second false path, the lower rung's right side card touching this second path: Yig the Serpent God - A time of contentment and freedom from restraints. Achievement, success, and warmth. Love, and personal business matters are attached to these ideas, as well as happiness and faithfulness in a relationship.

The top card is a possibility of true destination, implying you would overcome the false paths: Ten of Sites (Exham Priory) reversed - Material riches squandered through the sin of sloth, gambling, or problems. A loss of reputation, and inheritance, or the failure to pass inheritance off to children.

So what does all this mean? It's a cool set up you've got here. You've got decisions you've made already.. a sense of creativity, and work, wanting adventure or new opportunities that are realistic goals and can create a very trustworthy, dependable person. But going at the rate you are, you're bound to hit serious trouble and all isn't sunshine in the gilded life you're living. Those new opportunities become less exciting in the face of giving up what you've currently built for yourself. But wait, do false paths mean bad things all of the time? In this case, definitely not. The ultimate destination is a feeling of boredom, and lack luster, and the new adventures you were hoping for turn out to not be so great, and you start squandering your own talent and time in the face of your comfort zone. Maybe you're swearing off relationships, or staying in one you're unhappy in, as the cards tend to be suggesting, maybe you think keeping the course in your career is the source of this... but something is shifting insidiously, and it is counting on you to stay steady full steam ahead to make it come to fruition. Let's look at the first false path: Surrendering to an experience. Something may not feel so great at first.. change is often met with resistance, and surrounded with negativity. But instead of resisting this change, try to embrace it.. because inner peace is a light at the end of the tunnel. Let's look at how this ties in with another thing pulling on you at the very same time: Freedom from restraints through creative inspiration, and love or personal business matters. Happy relationships may come from a person, or a friend, or a lover.. or even a new business partner. Something ELSE is trying to pull you from this path at the same time, and with multiple people pulling in all directions it can seem very easy to shut it all down and say, "I'M FINE! Leave me alone!!"

Tldr version: Don't stay comfortable. Gtfo of your rabbit hole and surrender yourself to the new experiences life is pushing you into. Don't ignore the subtle cues of life stagnating because stagnation is poison in the waters of life, and try to forgive yourself for feeling negative emotions about positive changes.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes ubot liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Oooh this sounds interesting!! Can I have a general reading when you've got the time??

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

One thing that's been haunting me for as long as I can remember: why am I so afraid of losing anyone close to me, no matter how much I love and trust them? Why can't I get rid of this fear once and for all, in order to have completely fulfilling relationships in my life where I can be so much more giving towards my loved ones?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    A general reading please!
    I chose the Shadow Truth spread for you. It's 5 cards, all laid out in a cross-like formation. All roads lead to Rome, and each side of the cards surrounding the center card represent a different aspect of the center. Let's get started! It's also a very generic spread with a biiit more attitude towards the unknown, the subtle, and the clouded from vision.. whereas a Celtic cross is far more likely to pinpoint the overt aspects of a situation, this one aims to see the shadow (hence the name) those aspects create.

The center card: The attitude you have about what brought you here in the first place. Page of Tomes (The People of the Monolith) reversed - Fire behaving as earth, such as dry wood. A surprising appearance of new action or passion. Something unexpected and new, a childish venture that sends even stable minds reeling. This card's reversal can also hint at children in the life.

The right card: The thoughts and feelings that lay just under the attitude. R'lyeh Rising reversed - Unexpected positive changes in life. Catastrophe survived and narrowly avoided. The shaking feeling of being alive after a tragedy. Even though the card implies something bad has happened, it is more leaning towards the positive emotions that come from the grateful feeling earned through survival when in reverse.

The top card: How that attitude just discussed is evolving. Mi-Go - Achievement of balance and harmony as a result of an intense trial. Things are set right with Mi-Go, and things are taking a turn for the better.. which means more relaxation, acceptance, and less ripples in the water.

To the left: How others perceive you. Deep one - Pausing to reflect. Surrendering to an experience, and inner faith and peace. People are comfortable with who you are, and where you are going, and while some may still try to bring you peace their way and style.. most are content with supporting you on your own path and letting you get there yourself.

The bottom card: What you are hiding from yourself or others.. that which is unseen. Hastur reversed - Weakness in character. Loss of confidence and ambition, cold thoughts and the inability to carry out plans or command respect. Unreasonable swings of emotions, and deception are linked to this card.

So what do I take away from this reading? You're a passionate person.. grounded, and maybe even just embarking on a new venture or idea in your life. A new concept. Maybe coming to peace with how life is playing out, or having renewed passion for something as a result of peace. People are supporting, and you're putting on a face of kindness and gratefulness. Something has happened in your life that felt crushing, and you survived it, pushed forward, and moved on and everyone admires, respects, and adores you on the other side of the tunnel. But, secretly.. you're still in the tunnel when you close your eyes. Your emotions are bottled up, but inside that bottle is fear, a lack of forgiveness of yourself, a lack of love, and a feeling of unworthiness of the positive energy people send you. But you're headed in a positive direction, and you shouldn't let the baggage of what's happened anchor you down into that dark place. Learn to let the bottle top off, talk to someone, and see that just because you don't feel as awesome as people think you are doesn't mean their opinion of you is invalid and wrong. Peace is not an easy concept to come by, and some people never get to touch it... so embrace it, and nurture it, and let it surround you because peace is fleeting in the ebb and flow of life.

Tldr version: The cards say you've been through tough times, and you survived it.. and maybe you don't feel as graceful as people are giving you credit for, but that doesn't mean they're wrong. Don't get tunnel vision. There's still a part of you that believes you deserve the positive things ahead, and you need to nurture that part. Learn to forgive yourself for the things you needed to say, think, and do to get through the rough times, and embrace that positive energy and peace that's ahead.

Likes Redbone liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Oooh this sounds interesting!! Can I have a general reading when you've got the time??
    The Fourfold vision is typically used for more insight into another reading done.. but I personally like to use it occasionally to look for subjects people want more insight about in the first place. 'General readings' typically mean curiosity is peaked about SOMETHING--relationship trouble, family, stress, careers, inner peace, and the future are all typical subjects.. so looking for what people would like focus on makes this a good layout choice.

It's 5 cards, all laid side by side in a row.

The furthest right card (5th card reading left to right): The object being viewed. Seven of Tomes (The King in Yellow) in reverse - Failure to stand up to beliefs in the face of hostile majority. A self-fulfilling fear of failure and embarrassment. Cowardice in the face of great challenges are linked to this card's reversal, and indecision is the less severe connotation.

Going one to the left (4th card): The Physical nature. Night Gaunt - Transformation covering the faces of the night, a pattern repeated time and time again like the moon's phases. Feminine beauty and childish spirit surround this card, and a changing from beauty, to beast, and back again is a tale all too well known from fairy tales being told in a single card. But also, the card calls for potential danger in situations and peril, as fairy tales tend to have surrounding this concept. No one can just change back and forth in stories and be left alone.

The middle card: the mental vision, as in what your mind sees. Queen of Tomes (Seven Cruptical Books of Osan) reversed - Fire behaving as water, such as steam. Passion and sensuality, a need for the center of attention. Guises one's self as that which others desire, seducing them. A cocky, domineering persona, pushing others aside in the face of what's wanted.

The 2nd card: the emotional vision.. while the mental vision looks at the logical callous aspects of it, the emotional vision stems from the instincts and gut. Queen of Sites (The church of Federal hill) reversed - Earth behaving as water, such as ice. Cold but generous host, a person preoccupied with accumulating prosperity to the point of never enjoying that prosperity. Suspicion and mistrust surround the card.

The 1st card on the far left: Mystical vision, a spiritual aspect of the reading that examines more the unseen side of things. Two of Sites (Irem, City of Pillars) reversed - Imbalance and a lack of harmony. One step forward and two steps back. Chaos, and shifting priorities, lots of activity just spinning the hamster wheel, getting no where.

Whew.. So there's a lot going on here. There's a LOT of reversals.. in general, looking at the cards, 4/5 are reversed! Things have been all over the place lately, nothing is what it seems, and even though the spread looks simple a complexity is cast over it. The 'thing' I think we're looking at is an emotional struggle within the self. A feeling of being inadequate, and actions motivated by that feeling only reinforcing the feeling. Maybe something happened that you wished you had simply just spoken up about.. but while the rest of the world went on with its day, this thing has given you pause.. and you don't like how it ended up. The metamorphosis card shows in general the way of the world and people - ebb and flow, people do great things, and awful things, and revert back, and it seems.. fine really. An ugly moment in a string of good and bad ones, the whole thing is pretty neutral in the time line from a shallow look of things. It might even be EXPECTED from others that you react the way you do/did, seeing age, circumstances, and developments. But to you? You're just tricking them all into blaming the norms of the world around you, convincing them you agree with their assessments, or avoiding the situation, to create peace.. but you know deep down no peace can be obtained because of this. You can't enjoy the reprise from convincing others of a less-harsh story than that which you see, because you know the beast that came out and instilled fear (in yourself or another) is not going away this time.. you're living in it's shadow now. (To give an extreme example of all of this: someone gets angry a lot.. they're an angry person. They yell at those who don't deserve it in their home.. but then they apologize, buy gifts, and try to make it right.. they're kind to others at work.. but it's a temporary phase, a ruse, because anger creeps back and it starts all over again. They know it's wrong, and that's why they feel shame, but that shame freezes them from taking action to break the cycle.) As a result, the cycle continues steam, then ice, and back again.. and fearing the beast feeds it, and you bite your own tail and do something bad, and try to make it up with something good elsewhere. So far as I can see, the cards are telling you to break the cycle of self-fulfillment. It's a powerful vicious one, and no one can break it but you. Whatever it is you're scared to do, you need to not just meet it head on.. but you need to do something completely different. Something you've never ever done before. The spirit card is trying to scream that working the avenues you know and are comforted by won't work here. You need to break out, get some creative new ideas, and try a radical new change to make progress forward. It has to all change--the whole cycle.. you cannot go back to the good times without conjuring the bad.

Tldr: You're going in circles, and the reality is you don't like it even if you convince yourself and others that you aren't going in circles or that you do like it. The reality is you know you need to stop. Break the chain by not participating in it at all. Dismantle all the good and bad you did before, begin anew and refuse to play the game anymore.. because a circle never ends.

Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
    One thing that's been haunting me for as long as I can remember: why am I so afraid of losing anyone close to me, no matter how much I love and trust them? Why can't I get rid of this fear once and for all, in order to have completely fulfilling relationships in my life where I can be so much more giving towards my loved ones?
    The Relationship spread. It's a giant 'H' shape, with three cards stacked on either side of a center card. 7 total aspects, lots of information to work with, with all the little pieces interweaving. What more appropriate of a spread to analyze relationships can a gal ask for.

1---2
    3-7-4
    5---6

It looks something like this.

At the top left (1) of the H is how you see yourself: Two of Sites (Irem, city of pillars) reversed - Imbalance and no harmony. Spinning the wheel, as they say, and taking two steps back for every one forward. A lot of effort with no tangible results. A frustrating card no doubt, but we already knew that from your question.

At the top right (2) is how you see your partner... in this case, anyone else: Queen of Sites (Church on Federal Hill) reversed - Earth behaving as water, such as ice. Suspicion and mistrust, and a preoccupation so intense that prosperity or peace cannot be enjoyed in the face of trying so hard to get them. A cold, generous host. You want people in your life, but you don't trust them at all. Nothing new so far from your statements, just a confirmation the cards are giving you that you're on the right track there... but we get to see something slightly new here -- a hint that definitely the whole world isn't crazy.. it IS you causing this. But why?

Let's go the next rung down.. the center cards. The center card on the left (3) is how you feel about people beyond the superficial overlay: Queen of Tomes (Books of Osan) reversed - Fire behaving as water, such as steam. Passion and sensuality. A domineering presence, a seductress that only says what people want to hear, but quickly pushes others aside when faced with a new desire. Vengefulness, quick offense, infidelity, and contempt all surround the card. Steam seems lovely, but when you get close it burns quickly. People, to you, say what you want them to say.. and they can read your wants like a book, while disappearing into thin air soon afterwards.

Center right (4) is what stands between you and your partner (aka people in general): Seven of Tomes (The King in Yellow) reversed - A failure to stand up for beliefs. In the face of potential conflict, all your ideals of being honest and forward sink like foam in the sand. There is a self-fulfilling fear of judgment, and embarrassment is a heavy burden this card holds in reverse. Crucial moments are squandered.

The lower left (5) is how people (or your partners) see you: Three of Man (Inspector LeGrasse) - A time of merriment and reflection spent in the company of loved ones. The strength of a diverse community, and joyous gatherings, holidays, sentimental times are all associated with this card.

The lower right (6) is how people feel about you: Nyarlathotep - Mastery over word, mind, and matter. The idea of turning decisions into actions, control over one's life, and the ability to handle problems that come your way.

Which leaves us the center card (7) bridging all of these concepts together across an idea... the challenge of the relationship: Night Gaunt - Cyclic transformations. Femininity, and youth are somewhat represented here, but in a dark way.. damsels in distress, beasts turning into beauties and back into beasts, and vicious cycles of the night conjuring ideas of the occult, of nightmares and dream sensitivity, and of peril and danger.

So let's bring all of these cogs together and see if we cannot make a machine start turning. It is interesting that two readings in a row I pull out very similar cards, since I haven't drawn many of these in a long while.
    Take note how all of the cards regarding your own emotions are topsy turvy.. Nothing is forward with a good card being good, and a bad card being bad.. but good cards reversing into bad ones.. In comparison to the cards representing others towards you.. it's very plain and straight forward. No shadows, no secrets. People are blissfully unaware of this turmoil! I'll bet you catch them off guard many-a-times, if they even know at all that you fret over this. They see you as put together, and happy, and well organized in your relationships, and people may even make compliments towards you about your ability to handle issues and resolve problems. You make a front that allows people to continue their thoughts unhindered by your truth.. because you like their truth better.
    In comparison, you think very dark thoughts towards others. They're just seducing you.. using you.. creating closeness when it is convenient. Maybe you're well put together in other aspects of life.. maybe you're good with your money, or have a stable career, or you're a good mother/sibling.. whatever it is, there are aspects about you that people who are less put together gravitate toward, and you might as well be throwing daggers at them when they enter the room the way you leer at them in suspicion. You don't want to be fooled for a moment. A dark past of a person lying to you in the past? But there's more to that.. Maybe you weren't doing such nice things to others early in life, and regrets linger over that.. maybe you get bored of people easily, but selfishly want people to not bore of you... or maybe you've never allowed any positive love in your heart out of the survival technique of avoiding being hurt--and thus also avoiding being helped. You have walls up so high that China is jealous, and you're a regular Chris Angel (Or David Copperfield, whatever your age group is) making a whole wall disappear before an audience. Whatever the stem, the real harsh truth is... You're doing the VERY things you're suspicious of! You're being leery, assuming the worst in others, judgmental and harsh.. and you're seducing them, making them think you're so much nicer in your own mind than you really are. Making them believe you're so well put together because you want to be. You sing the lies you don't want sung into your own ears for fear of a student surpassing the teacher. You're the very demon you want to see in others.. and people can conjure anything they really want to see. And so the cycle continues. And the only way to break cycles is to step out of them. You're still playing the game of power struggles.. of being on top before others get on top in some way. You cannot trust because you know you aren't trustworthy. You cannot feel peace because you create none. Your relationships are not close and full and positive because you do not create those concepts.. and thus feel anyone else incapable of it.
    You're doing the very things you think others are doing, and while it seems ridiculous when others do this (like the girl on Maury screaming that her husband is cheating--only to discover SHE'S the one cheating! How can someone be so bizarre?), the truth is everyone has this issue.. they want to be better than they truly are. But the only way to get there is to become something different than you were before. You cannot 'be just who you are' if 'who you are' is a mistrusting debbie downer that leads people to believe things that aren't really true. Either accept the dark shadows of your mind for what they are and don't be upset when others show you the same in kind.. or break this cycle. Don't play this power struggle game anymore, and do something completely different, leaving both the good and bad behind--and thus all the illusions and dishonesty.. so that a fresh start can be created, and this feeling of freezing in the crucial moments can end finally.

Tldr: You are the traits you see in others, and so all other people might as well be a mirror. Any situation only fuels the cycle to continue.. and when you think you're breaking it, you're actually just playing the game from a different angle, and round the circle goes. You'll never get close to people, truly, when you're displaying behaviors in your own mind you don't want from others.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

Hmm, I'd like a general reading, please.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hmm, I'd like a general reading, please.
    You seem like you're not really searching for something in particular, just poking out of curiosity. Which is cool. A single card pull can satisfy that and is easy to type up.

So what card did I pull? The Four of Tomes - A rest after a long journey, rejoicing after separation from friends and loved ones, a sense of home after a long road. It also embodies initial successes in businesses and personal achievements, a blossoming satisfaction in relationships and friendships that are relatively new. Unlike a normal sense of 'I met a new friend!' or 'I am finally home from vacation!' this satisfaction burns deeper.. from hard earned victories, and dirt on the hands. Effort is put into life, and the fruits of the labors are starting to sprout. While this card may suggest childbirth or marriage, these are concepts that are born of effort and thought and long hours put into a decision.. so while these exact things may not be occurring, when the joy of your labors washes over, it is not rejected or undeserved, but embraced and welcomed.

Likes Ghost liked this post