User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Tarot Readings

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Basically what I'm getting is that while you're more than capable of performing well on the exam, you don't always apply yourself as you should.
    Likely true. I'm a lazy fucker.

You're a bit intimidated by the subject and use it as an excuse to escape to things which are easier to deal with.
    Ehh...this one is a bit off. The subject itself is not particularly difficult. BUT, it's really hard to study for something that you hate. I can't motivate myself.

Anyway, that was interesting. I missed the part about a general reading. Want to do one for me?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    This thing that's been bothering me...When will I be able to accept it and stop feeling bad about it? Are we talking months, years...?

From what I pulled, the situation you’re describing on the face of it is about a man (could be a woman, but I’m sensing that it’s a dude), but on a more fundamental level is about you and how you value yourself (or don’t).

The situation that you’re wrestling with right now is not exactly new. You’ve come back to the same spot where you’re ask to make a decision about living your life with intent and in accordance with the values and standards that you’ve set for yourself, or to let others define your value how they will.

The sense that I’m getting from the spread is that this other person was dynamic, charismatic and just a genuinely exciting person to be around. They were attractive because they were everything that you wanted to be, but never knew how to become. You felt complete with them; immediately at home.

The issue is that either because of this person’s influence, or because of restrictions that you placed on yourself, you expressed less and less of yourself overtime to not “rock the boat”, and be the person you thought they wanted you to be. Ironically, the changes that you made to please the person just seemed to make them less interested, and the relationship tapered off as a result.

The pain you felt as a result of this loss has made it difficult for you to really open yourself up to anyone else. You recognize that you “lost yourself” with this previous person, and beat yourself up for this rather than figuring out how to learn from the experience.

Painful though it was, you have to see that how you’re treating yourself now is probably worse. You’re more rigid than you used to be and more dogmatic in an effort to overcompensate for the boundary issues you used to struggle with.

What’s advised here is a couple of things. First, you must honor your inner voice and guidance. Recognize that the beauty that you saw in this other person was a reflection of your own creativity, passion and exceptional qualities. It seems that during this period of loss you’ve isolated yourself from the other people in your life. Going towards the people who love you—your family and families of choice—will help to remind you of your value, help to rebalance your sense of worth and just generally help you to feel happier than you have for a while. Even if you don’t feel that you deserve that kind of love right now, these people are necessary to help you heal and finally move past the holding pattern you’ve found yourself in. There’s also some indication that the people who genuinely have your interest at heart were not all that impressed with this other person, and are kind of grateful that you’ve finally moved on from them.

Whether you realize it at this point or not, even though you can’t see beyond the pain that you’re experiencing right now, you’ll look back on this time as one of the most important in your life. It was the point at which you realized what mattered, what didn’t, who you were and how to love that person. From this experience, you’re going to find your inner power and fierceness. The work you can do now to learn how to genuinely embrace yourself will unleash a raw, potent creative energy in you that will empower you to make your of your life what you want.

As for timing, it’s pretty much up to you. The outcome card points to life being a lot happier in the summertime, but is pretty firm on the point that you have to do the work if you want to move forward.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Ooh interesting. I'd go with a general reading s'il vous plait.

I pulled a three-card spread for you. The sense that I’m getting is that you had a recent period of no fucks given that caused you to check out more or less across the board. Not in an over the top way, though. More that you just hadn’t been applying yourself as much as you could have been to practical things in your life. Unfortunately, the effect has compounded over time to create something of a mess, which has had the ironic effect of only making you want to run from it more. It’s a vicious cycle, and one that has only served to corrode your image of yourself.

Interestingly, I’m getting that help is on the way in the form of an older man. This is a person who has it together on pretty much on all fronts. He’s a natural leader, and someone that others just tend to gravitate towards because he just radiates stability. I get the sense that this person is pretty demanding towards those closest to him in the sense that he doesn’t accept the people he cares about to conduct themselves in a way that is beneath them. Intense, extrovered-introvert type.

I can’t tell what the nature of the relationship is, though. You were represented in the thread by the Princess of Wands and this fellow was the King of Wands. It could be your dad putting his foot down, could be a friend or it could be some new love interest who’s on the horizon. Whatever the case may be, this person is going to be a constructive influence on your life who will give you a little structure as you sort out what it is that you want, and begin applying yourself towards that goal once again.
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought it would be fun to offer tarot readings to the good denizens of TypoC. I'm pretty experience with cards and intuitive readings besides.

If you're interested in having me read for you, you can either post a question or ask for a general reading. Questions don't have to be too detailed because I don't really want any outside information to cloud the read. I also don't answer questions about health, because I'm not a doctor.

Any takers?
    When will the burning sensation in my urethra go away?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Is this bump on my inner thigh rubbing up against my jeans a pimple or a boil?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    When will the burning sensation in my urethra go away?
    I thought it would be fun to offer tarot readings to the good denizens of TypoC. I'm pretty experience with cards and intuitive readings besides.

If you're interested in having me read for you, you can either post a question or ask for a general reading. Questions don't have to be too detailed because I don't really want any outside information to cloud the read. I also don't answer questions about health, because I'm not a doctor.

Any takers?
    I'm starting to think I might have done the forum a bigger favor by offering a remedial reading comprehension course for NTPs.
    Likes ~ReggieRebel~ liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ~ReggieRebel~ View Post
    hmmm. why do i susspect that us intj's killed the thread
    Nah. It's my first year in Austin and SXSW started last week lol. I'm trying to get in two or three readings per day between pub crawls and attempting to stay awake at discussions on disruptive (!) innovation (!!) in <random vertical> by techno futurist (!!!!!!!) in between said pub crawls.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm starting to think I might have done the forum a bigger favor by offering a remedial reading comprehension course for NTPs.
    Are you saying I have a medical issue I need to fix? fuuuuck

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Are you saying I have a medical issue I need to fix? fuuuuck
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram
    5w0 sx
    Socionics
    duno

hey well important thing is your having fun. each moment once used cant be reconfigured in actuality.

though ill be honest, ive not heard of a sxsw and the comment about innovation and etc is more than lost on me. Its something or other which i take to mean possibly music amd pub crawlimg and loads of people.

which is fine.
    id rather a book or a forum or small gettogether where i can focus on whos saying what of imterest, and or be free to disentangle from the converse if it gets laggy. but no surprize there right

speaking of. think ill look online and see if i cant do a better job of decoding what your talking of cheers.

Nah. It's my first year in Austin and SXSW started last week lol. I'm trying to get in two or three readings per day between pub crawls and attempting to stay awake at discussions on disruptive (!) innovation (!!) in <random vertical> by techno futurist (!!!!!!!) in between said pub crawls.
    Active, successful natures shun the dictum 'Know Thyself' and follow the commamdment 'Will Thyself' ~nietzsche

"Willing is the intj's evolutionary consequence of Knowing present and future as the everpresent livestream of yesterminute." ~reg~

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ~ReggieRebel~ View Post
    hey well important thing is your having fun. each moment once used cant be reconfigured in actuality.
    Hm. I know this was kind of an aside, but it makes me think of an article I came across not too long ago about simultaneity in distributed systems which talks about how the notion of a "moment" can be problematic from a purely mechanical standpoint. I mean the moment which is now and the moment that I'm perceiving as now are not in fact one in the same, and in the space where that lag occurs, who knows what kind of idiosyncratic transformations might occur as that moment is processed? And even if all I know is my own perspective, what becomes of the actuality of the moment if someone shares an alternative perspective with me?

Idk. I'm skeptical of the idea that I can know anything, but I'm pretty big on the thought that how I understand things is entirely up to me.

though ill be honest, ive not heard of a sxsw and the comment about innovation and etc is more than lost on me. Its something or other which i take to mean possibly music amd pub crawlimg and loads of people.
    Imagine a techie Mardi Gras and you'll be in the ballpark.

which is fine.
    id rather a book or a forum or small gettogether where i can focus on whos saying what of imterest, and or be free to disentangle from the converse if it gets laggy. but no surprize there right
    9 times out of 10, I'm right there with you on that. My ideal night probably involves cuddling, beer and copious amounts of Netflix. Or a dinner party with good people if I'm being more social. But I'm extroverted enough that I occasionally have to go get my run out or I start getting weird(er).