User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: Tarot Readings

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I would just like a general read at this time, please.
    (maybe with a follow-up question, after.)
    Sure thing! I felt drawn to a Celtic Cross spread for you. Basically, there are two components to this spread. There's the cross which describes a current challenge or situation in the querent's/sitters' life, and then there's a staff which describes how to handle that situation, as well as how it will likely play out ultimately. Here's the spread I did for you:

This is a spread about choices. You're contemplating a new course perhaps something more in line with your true passions, and it's brought you to something of a crossroads as you feel you're making a choice between something you truly love and something that makes you feel secure. You recently have experienced a very creative period in your life. Or more accurately, you've recently been through a period where you had the chance to support and guide others in actualizing ideas they might have, and this kind of creative collaboration restored your faith in yourself in a profound way. It gave you renewed purpose and focus and made you remember what it is that you love, as oppose to just being mired in all the petty day to day political bull and minutia.

And yet there’s a very real fear about pursuing this thing in your heart. Some of these fears are not so much based in reality, as they are a function of baggage—unhealed wounds, anxiety and an inability to see yourself clearly that make the path towards what you really desire seem more perilous than it may really be. What seems to be indicated is that, in the near term, these fears may hem you in for a while. You’ll deal with the regret and disappointment that comes from turning away from this thing which really calls to you.

What the spread advises is quite simply Let Go. Your past does not dictate your future. Just because taking a chance then didn’t pan out really has no bearing on what will happen now or in the future. Release yourself from whatever’s weighing you down or makes security so vital either by dispensing with it entirely, or being willing to ask for help if you’ve taken on too much. Right now, people can tell that you’ve withdrawn some—you’re not really in the mix and appear to have a lot on your mind—but they seem to be letting you have this time to sort things out without too much outside interference.

The spread ends with something I interpret to be as much as a challenge as a warning. The bottom line is this: whatever this thing that calls you is, it’s meant, plain and simple. Even if you opt to pursue what feels to be the secure and “responsible” road, the choice you’re really making is to let your fears and doubts dictate your reality. Because these things are functions of the mind, making your choices based on them as though they exist actually is like building a castle on a foundation of sand. Recognize that the choice to free yourself from self-imposed constraints is always there, and don’t be afraid to seek an outside opinion from someone who knows and values you to keep you grounded and out of your head.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Will I ever be happy with intimacy?
    Card: Eight of Cups

What I'm getting is that intimacy is something that you crave deeply, but perhaps because of early setbacks you might have experienced you have learned to avoid it in pursuit of other things. Creature comforts, specifically food and maybe snuggling in with a good book or a movie, are the kinds of things that have substituted the presence of real intimacy in your life.

What the 8 of Cups points to is that you have to admit to yourself that these surrogates are not genuinely fulfilling to you. Then, having the courage to take that one step further and put yourself out there again even though you may have been disappointed in the past. Attaining the relationship you want means pushing past the complacency, putting it aside once and for all and recognizing that you are both lovable and worthy of love. It's also important to note with this card that give and take is important in relationships. You cannot be the one who is always expected to give, or you will never be able to make room to receive love as well. Be willing to make yourself vulnerable and have faith that the other party will come through for you, too, or you the trust which is necessary for genuine intimacy will be absent from the connection.

Finally, you've done a lot of work to understand relationships and people generally. Have confidence in that knowledge and trust that the connections that you feel with other people are real.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Gonna go eat something and knock out a few more of these in a bit.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Is this bump on my inner thigh rubbing up against my jeans a pimple or a boil?
    Likes chickpea, Cygnus, JocktheMotie, Hawthorne liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Is this bump on my inner thigh rubbing up against my jeans a pimple or a boil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I thought it would be fun to offer tarot readings to the good denizens of TypoC. I'm pretty experience with cards and intuitive readings besides.

If you're interested in having me read for you, you can either post a question or ask for a general reading. Questions don't have to be too detailed because I don't really want any outside information to cloud the read. I also don't answer questions about health, because I'm not a doctor.

Wind Up Rex,

Why is tarot card art so consistently terrible?

Okay, for reals: What sort of area do I want to live in after I graduate -- *knock on wood* -- this May? Thanks!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have this deck. Art by Dave McKean.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Wind Up Rex,

Okay, for reals: What sort of area do I want to live in after I graduate -- *knock on wood* -- this May? Thanks!
    I've always loved the 'regular' Rider-Waite deck. And the symbolism has a large amounts of thought put in it. I find most others too kitschy.

MBTI
    INFP

General reading please
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Wind Up Rex,

There are definitely quality decks out there. Malpertious out of the UK does really gorgeous work for instance:

MALPERTUIS DESIGNS LTD
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post