User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I cry every night, into a pillow of dreams and rice crispies.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

I cry about once a month, right before my period. It won't be sobbing, just me lying in bed with tears streaming down my face over something petty and unimportant. I hate that I get unnecessarily grumpy around that time and try to warn people about it.

Other than that, I don't really get sad that much. I'm too busy saving the world

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Rarely, and sometimes I've cried at inappropriate things. My wife (who herself is either ISTJ or INTJ) doesn't understand why I hardly cry and thinks I don't have any emotions...

Last time I remember uncontrollably crying was several days after my daughter was born. Bloody brain hormones etc.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I'm not a T, but I'll answer anyway.
    I cry when I'm angry. Sometimes.
    I also cry when I'm happy/something touches my heart.
    It takes a lot to get me to cry when I'm sad, and that usually doesn't last for long because my dogs will find me and make me stop.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I cry whenever I'm crawling in my skin these wounds they will not heal.
    Yup ^
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Not often. I'm often scared to do it. I think if I cry that it's going to start and not stop...that it's going to kill me or incapacitate me in some way. It usually happens when I've been going through constant mess without any let up and then one more thing will happen and I will just break down. I might sob a little bit and it rapidly turns into a high-pitched cry...keening really. That will scare me and I will tell myself to get my shit together and knock it off.

It also makes me feel physically ill. Headache, nausea, exhaustion. It's easy to tell that I'm holding back tears or intense emotion though...my face gets really red(er). I'm embarrassed and ashamed to cry in front of others. I have in front of my INFP and in front of my roommate (we used to date) and in front of my oldest child...not a good experience. I've never felt safe crying in the presence of others.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

From what I can remember, the only thing that ever makes me cry is a very severe loss, anything short of that fails to affect me that seriously. Crying to me is fairly extreme, most things that will make others cry will just piss me off, and I think the frequency of my crying is probably once every few years realistically speaking. Quite a bit more frequent during the Christmas just passed because of my depression at the time, but apart from the 4 month period, very infrequently. Probably the only things that I can see making me cry in the future are the death of a family member, or breaking up of a serious relationship in which I was still attached.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

At times when I've lost dear family members (including pets), I've felt sad, but I've been unable to show it straight away. It's taken from several hours to several days for me to emote or even cry.

I've gone into a state of shock when I have experienced profound loss and don't process my feelings until a later time. I remember losing Uncle Reds he was an extended family member on my husbands side of the family who was more then just family to me. He would come by every morning to have coffee and talk. He was more like a second father and good freind. When they told me he had passed intitially I felt nothing. Then later in the morning I had to go to the bank to make a deposit and while I was waiting in the drive through line I glanced over my shoulder and noticed the Baptist church cemetary. It was his churches cemetary, saw gravediggers digging and realized it was his grave. At the moment of realization I completely lost all composure and wept could not finish the task and went straight home to process my grief.

In memorium (still miss you Reds):

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

I know that this is directed towards T types, but you'll find this interesting. I'm a feeler, and the only time I even shed a tear is when I'm in a life crisis. If I ever caught myself crying I'd probably stop immeduately and start getting pissed instead due to the fact that I've acted like a big puss. Emotion has nothing to do with preferences. Some T's can be extremely neurotic, irrational, and pussylike, and some F's can be complete badasses. For example, Tobias Eaton off of Divergent. Definitely ISFJ, but he directs his feelings towards kicking ass instead of balling all the time.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.