User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I cry from laughing a few times a week at least, and more often than not I tear up for no reason. I think it's just because of allergies, because I don't feel upset at all but my eyes feel weird?

I tear up only when I miss my K-8 classmates, which is maybe once every couple of weeks. Or, if someone I'm close to is in pain, I'll choke up pretty bad.

If I'm mad, most of the time I either ignore people, push or hit whoever made me mad if they really crossed the line (I've only done this like twice), make smartass remarks or get in a verbal fight, or try to get away from the situation and loudly listen to music or run around or try to keep myself happy.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

The last time I cried was caused by me having the flu, an eye infection and just leaving my friends after graduating college. It was one of the first times I have ever felt trapped inside my own useless body. I cried for an hour on and off in the shower.

I cry when I feel stressed out or scared. I also cry when people save themselves from internal issue or abuse. The consistency of my crying is every few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    How often do I cry? It depends on what's going on in my life. There are very long stretches with no crying whatsoever. There are periods of a few months, every few years, where it's hard not to cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The one thing that seems to cause it reliably is death of someone close to me. I don't mean crying at funerals, but later - when all is said and done. I find the finality of it all very disheartening - the realization that I will never see or speak to or spend time with this person again.
    That summarizes it pretty well. I don't usually outright cry - maybe it a feeling of starting to tear up - except at funerals, where I seemed to have a harder time controlling it. I think what causes me to cry most consistently is a remembering a relationship that I've lost with another person. That could be a month afterwards of twenty years afterwards. It's the memory and the sadness that you aren't going to see them again.

The other thing is when I watch a really good movie - like when there is the climax of the movie and the good guys win or a really intense scene.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I don't know if I can generalise, but if I must, maybe around once a month. I feel like crying much more often than that, but tend to internalise my emotions more than is probably helpful.

There will be some weeks where I cry into my pillow every evening, not because I've encountered anything horrible but because I simply feel so overwhelmed by sadness. To be honest, I have cried more often in the last six months, than i have in the last six years up until that point, and I don't like it at all.

As I don't live alone, I also fear somebody hearing me cry, because I would receive no sympathy and probably be told to "man up". This is not what you need to hear when you're upset.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't understand happy crying... if you're happy why are you doing that thing that sad people do?
    It's a normal response a lot of people have. I experienced it, once, when I was 9 and my mom surprised me with my first pet cat. I was so happy and excited that after around 10 second I started to cry. I hated it. It felt so fundementally wrong and in a way it killed the experience for me. I 180'ed and lost a large portion of the happiness from becoming upset with crying over such a thing. I subsequently wanted to hide in a whole because my mother witnessed the whole thing. She was very understanding, happy, and supportive, but it didn't help.

To this day it hasn't happened again. I sincerely hope it doesn't either. It's not a good experience to me. Luckily, the odds of it happening to me again are really low.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Having a baby kind of increases the frequency. Previously it was maybe a few times a year, but first there are the infamous baby blues days (which were more about being moved by just looking at my newborn or simply thinking about her and the life change this means than about some form of depression) and then you regularly hold a crying infant in your arms and the combination of a) mirror neurons and b) not knowing how to help her and how to get her to stop yelling into your ear can be seriously draining and has led to wet eyes in the mother as well on one or two occasions.

I would say exhaustion and helplessness are the two main triggers. Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Roughly once a week, but sometimes more. Rarely because I am sad or distressed, and usually because I am moved by something.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I cry easily at movies.

In real life I don't cry, which I think is not a good thing.
    I cried once after my fiance died,
    and once during my chemotherapy.
    Although both times I was MASSIVELY drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    Roughly once a week, but sometimes more. Rarely because I am sad or distressed, and usually because I am moved by something.
    I think that is a very good and beautiful thing!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    As I don't live alone, I also fear somebody hearing me cry, because I would receive no sympathy and probably be told to "man up". This is not what you need to hear when you're upset.
    No, it's not, and that is very insensitive and even rude of other people. Not surprisingly, it is fueled by the kind of gender bias we have discussed on many other threads. This is one thing men have to gain in a more egalitarian society: freedom from this kind of judgment and constraint.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Omg. I cry all the time. I'm such as sentimental asshole hahahaha. I listen to NPR podcast in my car and will be crying like a little bitch on my way to work. I was reading poems last night about breakups and cried about my dipshit ex. I cry when I'm happy, too. I come from a long, proud lineage of criers. No shame whatsoever. Crying is awesome.

Having said that, I don't like crying around other people. I keep that shit private.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Ivy liked this post