User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Not a T type, answering anyway.

I cry fairly often. In fact, I've probably cried more in the last 12 months than the rest of my adult life combined. I try to cry from laughing at least on a weekly basis.

Most of the time I would say it's from frustration, or feeling defeated and overwhelmed. Full on sobbing is usually from sadness though, that happens less often. After a breakup this summer I would go from feeling fine to sobbing 15 minutes later. It would be like a wave coming over me and I couldn't control it. Lately I've mostly been stress crying, which is a lot less intense.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

I only cry occasionally. Funerals surprise me the most because despite my best efforts, I have little to no control over the crying. They're painful for me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't understand happy crying... if you're happy why are you doing that thing that sad people do?
    Maybe because I don't cry from sadness or unhappiness or frustration.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I don't understand happy crying... if you're happy why are you doing that thing that sad people do?

When untended vulnerabilities are exposed, and cherished instead of shamed. When love finally connects.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Maybe because I don't cry from sadness or unhappiness or frustration.
    I think there's something to this. T types, especially INTJs, tend to avoid self-pity. Crying for something GOOD, however, isn't self-pity, so it's OK.

That said, when my heart is ripped out of my chest and stomped on a few times, it can feel like there is nothing to live for. Utter despair is, I suspect, an exception to the "no self-pity" principle.

How often do I cry? It depends on what's going on in my life. There are very long stretches with no crying whatsoever. There are periods of a few months, every few years, where it's hard not to cry.

Someone once remarked to me that they hoped that, when they were older, they could "dole out awesome advice like [I] do." My first thought? Not "thank you", or "wow, someone thinks I'm awesome" or anything like that. No. I thought, "No, you don't." My first thought was, no you don't want to be this good at doling out awesome advice. It requires going through things that I wouldn't wish upon anyone, at all, ever. Those things made me more human, perhaps, and I don't regret them, per se, but ... no, no one would ever wish for them, if they knew what they were wishing for.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Video, Evastover liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I rarely cry. The one thing that seems to cause it reliably is death of someone close to me. I don't mean crying at funerals, but later - when all is said and done. I find the finality of it all very disheartening - the realization that I will never see or speak to or spend time with this person again. When my father died, I went around for days feeling like the world had just lost an entire dimension. Everything looked and sounded and felt different, more bland and muted. I took care of all the necessary arrangements, etc. and it was only after that, at home alone with my SO, that I just put my head down on the table while we were having lunch and really sobbed. Over the past year I have lost three friends, and at some point cried about each one, especially the one close to my age, who finally lost his battle with cancer. These deaths, I suppose all deaths, also bring the reminder of my own mortality, which I admit is not something I can yet contemplate with the desired equanimity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    This, a lot. I am the kind of person to push myself to the wall blithely unaware of having missed basic maintenance. Then breakdown ensues.
    There is always an element of this as well, in that when I am physically or mentally worn down, crying is more difficult to resist.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think that for me, as a female, I am more prone to cry now that I am on birth control than I ever was without it. It is sometimes a source of frustration for me. But.. Also. I think that the level of stress in my life influences it. I can handle a lot, but not everything, so when something is dominating my life (like school is currently) in a negative way, and then something I normally handle fine comes along, it impacts me so much more.. So while for most of my life I was on the "I dont really cry but 2-5 times a year for real reasons and usually happy ones" I think those two elements have drastically swung me into the "I cry at least once a month and sad things trigger it too" category. Most of the time I dont even feel like crying, but tears and crying happens anyways. The times I feel like "Man, its okay.. I want to cry for this. Its okay to cry for this." nothing happens.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I just remembered. I cried last summer, at the top of Mt. St. Helens. I had altitude sickness, and I was extremely dizzy and nauseous and I couldn't breathe. It was terrifying, and I kind of thought I might die. Even after I started feeling a bit better, I kept thinking about how the hell I was going to make it back down the mountain without passing out, or falling and killing myself along the way. So yeah, that made me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I had altitude sickness, and I was extremely dizzy and nauseous and I couldn't breathe. It was terrifying, and I kind of thought I might die. So yeah, that made me cry.
    Being out of the competence zone is a high frustration moment for me. I hate having to wing it. I know I can but it really grates.

Enneagram
    7w8 sp/so

I don't really remember when was the last time I cried. I guess it was some months ago? Maybe in December, but i'm not sure.
    I rarely cry. Usually, even when I'm really sad the tears just won't come.

I don't know how often I cry, I just know once something has triggered me I find myself crying over things I normally would not cry over, like an open wound spilling over.