User Tag List

First 1234 Last

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Building pressure + unfairness makes me cry, not typically 'sad' things (like I cry to the hills if someone's framed for a serious crime/anything on shows/movies and they go through tonnes of shit for it but not when a cherished character dies or something). I don't cry often at all so when I do it lasts for quite a while. Outside of depressive periods + movies/shows anyway. Last time I cried ignoring things mentioned in my last sentence was first week of uni :p

MBTI
    INFJ

I think I last cried about a year and a half ago. I can't recall crying since then, though I often feel while talking to someone about deep subjects (usually to counsellors) that I am on the verge of tears. I'm not sure what this is.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's clearly not this way for all, but I've found that my tears 9.9/10 times have no deeper meaning to them than they did when I was a child. It always boils down to some primal need being either direly depleted or burnt out; like food, rest, stimulation, human contact, etc.

Therefore, the better I take care of myself, the less often I cry. At this time? About once every couple months.

Intense experiences that come from a place of actual feeling tend to be much more outwardly subtle.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Chthonic, Ivy, OrangeAppled liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I almost never cry... it goes against my beliefs in never showing weakness (seriously... I may have some issues around that because it's a definite fear of mine... like heart beating faster type of fear)

last time I cried I was sitting in a jail cell and realizing "damn... I've fucked up so much of my life... hope I didn't fuck up the one good thing I have going for me too because if I did that what's even the point of caring what happens?"... I got released the next morning and everything was dropped Yes... I'm not joking when I say that I'm bad...

ummm... I really can't remember any time I've cried that didn't involve the legal system or being very drunk at my best friend's wedding and her MOTHER was the one who was consoling me as she left... so wrong I'm an idiot

I did not cry when I broke my kneecap or my foot

I don't understand happy crying... if you're happy why are you doing that thing that sad people do?

... and now I think I'll go and feel bad about myself for a minute or two before becoming distracted reading about famous elephants again...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

once or twice a week, sometimes more sometimes less. It usually happens while watching movies, reading a book, or empathizing with a situation someone is in...I always seem to ball when I see children starving, or think of the injustice of starvation and war among the disenfranchised.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Whenever I get overwhelmed. Sheer frustration finds an outlet in my tear ducts. Prior to meditation, almost daily at least 3 times a week. Now? About every month or so. It's just the easiest way for me to let go of tension, although yoga is fast overtaking that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    It's clearly not this way for all, but I've found that my tears 9.9/10 times have no deeper meaning to them than they did when I was a child. It always boils down to some primal need being either direly depleted or burnt out; like food, rest, stimulation, human contact, etc.
    This, a lot. I am the kind of person to push myself to the wall blithely unaware of having missed basic maintenance. Then breakdown ensues.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Almost never. I felt somewhat embarrassed for not crying at grandpa&grandma's funerals. I recall a female ESFJ relative guilt tripping me indirectly for it.

Well, I'm not sure on my type, but I'd like to answer. I cry anywhere from once a week to daily depending on how often I watch TV or movies. It's not always at sad things either. It could be that the characters that I want to be together kiss or something. I also cry at commercials about kids with cancer. Guessing this might mean I'm a feeler? lol

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Almost never. I felt somewhat embarrassed for not crying at grandpa&grandma's funerals. I recall a female ESFJ relative guilt tripping me indirectly for it.
    Yeah this is a favorite of mine too. What the guilt trippers don't care about is that while they're weeping inconsolably, someone still has to hold it together and deal with the reality of the funeral process, you know, since they can't.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    What the guilt trippers don't care about is that while they're weeping inconsolably, someone still has to hold it together and deal with the reality of the funeral process, you know, since they can't.
    So true.