FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here's one thing I just found:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/explained...191281639.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It was the exact same picture, in the exact same context, that I saw the two different ways.
    *gets out little light, check for Ivy's dialated pupils. Then checks her own.*

lol. Seriously, I don't know anymore.

What's really ironic is the US probably could bomb another foreign country right now, and no one would notice because we're all still looking at the dress.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Here's one thing I just found:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/explained...191281639.html

*gets out little light, check for Ivy's dialated pupils. Then checks her own.*

lol. Seriously, I don't know anymore.

What's really ironic is the US probably could bomb another foreign country right now, and no one would notice because we're all still looking at the dress.
    maybe that's the plan.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    maybe that's the plan.
    "It's our new Stealth technology, sir: $2 million spent on a dress that changes colors in different lights, and when everyone is looking at it, no one will see us coming. Cheaper than the Lockheed Martin RQ-170."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes grey_beard liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

"It's our new Stealth technology, sir: $2 million spent on a dress that changes colors in different lights, and when everyone is looking at it, no one will see us coming. Cheaper than the Lockheed Martin RQ-170."
    hey the government does weird ass things to distract us. wouldn't suprised, probably the republicans

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Here's a color palette from the lightest/darkest dress colors I found in the original image. Must be some interesting lighting that dress was under, and with some reflection from the fabric sheen.

White/Gold or Black/Blue?-palette-jpg

Attachment 13364

What do these colors look like to everyone? I see lilac-y blue and browny gold.

eta: I can see how people see blue in the original image, but there is no true black to be found in that image, so seeing black does surprise me.
    maybe the leftmost color or the color beside the brown gold one? they kinda look black, if you put them together or something.

When I looked at a picture of it last night, I very assuredly saw white and gold.

Then I went to another page, where the picture had been cropped and had some other pictures embedded around it, and it was very distinctly blue and black. (and I know it's blue and black now.) Yet even looking back at the thumbnail in the OP here, that pic distinctly still looks gold/white to me.

Have you guys ever seen the optical illusions where something looks much darker or lighter depending on what is surrounding it, even if they are the exact same shade of gray? I'm wondering if that is part of the issue here.
    wow, it's exactly the opposite with me. I look at the cropped one and I see white and gold, I look back to the thumbnail and I see black and blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I swear I really did see it differently when I came back to it. At first, I would have sworn with a gun to my head that the dress was white and gold. But now I can't "unsee" the blue and black. It's gotta be a brain thing, not a matter of different monitors/angles/personalities or not having your settings correct or whatever.
    I think it's both, but mainly a brain thing. Our brain's "vision programming software" is the main reason we even see depth or 3D or really anything related to what we call 'vision', not our eyeballs. It has a lot of responsibilities that we don't know about happening in the background and out of our awareness. It makes the world 'make sense for you' so you can survive and pass on your genes. Makes you question your direct experience of things a bit.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    yupp

by @agentwashington
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    The question was, 'which pair of colors do you see in this dress?' You cannot see black there, you have to substract the lighting effects to conclude that it is black, which, in my vocabulary book, exceeds the definition of seeing.
    That is the definition of seeing. Because the brain subconsciously does that for people, subtracting for the effect of (sun)light, to give a cue as to what the actual colour of the object is. And not all brains process it exactly the same way. Hence, why it is called visual perception.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/12LBa2V.jpg

So, maybe you've heard about this, which pair of colors do you see in this dress?
    Based on the lighting, white and gold.

Black and gold, black and gold.

I cant get that tune out of my head now.