User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I tried this, doesn't work for me, still blue and black. My daughter perceives white and gold, but has seen blue and black, and concludes she must be special. My son, blue and black.
    In that case, you'll also want to try different viewing screens and angles.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    In that case, you'll also want to try different viewing screens and angles.
    I doubt I will see the dress as anything other than blue and black, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I doubt I will see the dress as anything other than blue and black, honestly.
    On most laptops (and I'd assume LCD monitors), tilting the screen in certain positions distorts the colors to be very obviously gold and white.
    Likes violett liked this post

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I still see white & gold when I look at it. I've played with the colors, tilt of display, etc. and I can't get white & gold out of my perception.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so
    Likes violett liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Chubber has a bit of the idea. In order to perceive it as one or the other, try focusing on different areas of the dress. Focus on the top portions to see it as more gold/white and focus on the lower portions to see it as blue/black.

How to see the dress as white and gold and black and blue - Business Insider
    Yeah like violett it's not working for me. The thing with the optical illusion in the article is I don't have to tilt my head or do much different to see the liar/face like the article suggested. But with the dress I've tried different angles, brightness levels, seen it on different screens, looked at different parts, scrolled up/down and everything and I still don't see white and gold. I don't think it's something I can unsee, and I still just don't understand where this white is supposed to come from.

Likes chubber, Jaguar liked this post

Enneagram

White and gold, but if I squint... White and gold.

The first time this was presented to me, I saw W&G, but I was shown a lighter version of the picture. After looking at the one you posted, which appears to be B&B, when I refer back to the lighter version, I see how it could be interpreted as B&B. The knowledge that the dress is objectively B&B in unambiguous lighting probably influenced my perception. I remember perceiving the first dress in 'Image B' below as B&B, and the first dress in 'Image A' (the version I was first exposed to) as W&G, simultaneously.

The first dress in 'Image A' is actually a more gold hue (enhanced?) compared even to the second dress in 'Image B'. While I lean towards B&B now, it is a tough call unless I look at the second dress in Image B, which I also used to see as W&G, but now see as B&B because I'm used to seeing and comparing it to the actual dress. The one you posted = the first dress in Image B. I have always thought that one looked B&B.

black and blue
    I really like cats and food.

Enneagram

Does anyone know the percentages of how many see what?