User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: White/Gold or Black/Blue?

This is a job for Quatermass!!

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP

I wonder if anyone has proposed an experiment to search for commonalities between people who see the same colors?

I never heard about this until everyone already had the answer, but I never saw anything except blue and black....maybe people who tend to focus strongly on the most pertinent physical details (like people on the autism spectrum) see the real colors, while people who are better able and accustomed to immediately taking in an image in its entirety are fooled by a visual trick? That would explain why the majority (in an admittedly unscientific poll) see the wrong colors.....

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I'm not sure whether people are screwing around (to me it's unmistakeable that the dress is the colors of the individual pixels--blue and black/dark gray) or if there's a genuine difference of perception going on. I would be interested to know exactly what kinds of traits other than a willingness to mess with people's heads might be involved in this. I know I have unusually fine perception of chroma (absolute pitch, perfect color vision, etc.) that might make me more sensitive to the actual colors of the dress.
    I read an article that said that the actual colours of the photo are on the border of white/blue and black/gold.

So I think it strange if someone can't see the goldy brown of the so-called black.
    Likes chubber liked this post

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    They found the dress, it's blue and black... How are people still so sure it's white and gold or whatever...............
    Honestly you can't see the gold in this picture with the black painted next to it?

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Okay so here is some proofs:

I used photoshop to paint black over that gold thing, you can see the difference between real black and that "black" on dress better. I also painted white, true blue(red and green 0, blue max) with 100 color and about 50% color. You can see that the 50% blue(again red and green 0) is nearly the same color as the blue on the dress and that its far from being white. i didnt want to try to make gold/beige color, because its mix of many colors and cant have "true" gold/beige/lightbrown on photoshop

But again crap camera and crap white balance. But the color in the picture clearly has no white or black in the dress

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    This is the same printed photo.

also... was listening to Blue Da Ba Dee while doing this... probably helped?
    damn you printers for correcting the colour. Or at least, that does look like blue and black to me on the same screen...

@OrangeAppled what do you see now?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    damn you printers for correcting the colour. Or at least, that does look like blue and black to me on the same screen...
    The printed picture I see as white and gold. And the photo you quoted I see as white and gold too. The printer didn't do any correcting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    The printed picture I see as white and gold. And the photo you quoted I see as white and gold too. The printer didn't do any correcting.
    OK, after a while of coming back, now it looks like "gold" and "white". and also looking on this old TFT monitor.

haha, if I only look at the bottom half first it turns to blue and black. My mind is playing tricks on me. I going to let this go.

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ Array laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Honestly you can't see the gold in this picture with the black painted next to it?
    I did say in one of my posts that I can see how people might see gold due to the yellow light, but not white. But I still see it as black.
    Likes chickpea liked this post

Senior Member Array

My eyes are very dark brown, grandson inherited them

One theory that’s been posted on several forums and social media sites suggests that people who see blue and black have “more high functioning” retina cones, while those who see white and gold have eyes that “don’t work well in dim light” and are more light sensitive.

Jacquot—who, for the record, sees light blue and gold—doesn’t agree with this idea entirely. “Terms like ‘high functioning’ are relative terms and a bit subjective, and I wouldn’t say that one group is better than the other,” he says. But he does admit that the amount of light that enters the eye can play a role in color perception. Darkly pigmented irises let in less light than light ones, he points out, so eye color could possibly be a factor.

Here’s What Color and Vision Experts Have to Say About the Blue and Black (or White and Gold?) Dress - Health News and Views - Health.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i still think the white/gold people are trolling the world. and i trust none of you!
    Likes senza tema, violett, laterlazer, riva liked this post

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast