Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: White/Gold or Black/Blue?

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ Array laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Carry on with the melodrama, if you must. Posting "It honestly creeps me out" is a bit much for something like this.
    Some people are curious. You're not. Nothing melodramatic about that. It does genuinely creep me out, it's like if you're looking directly at an object you swear is one thing and someone directly next to you sees something entirely different, I personally don't get how you can't be curious about that but ok. Especially something that I don't believe has been accurately explained yet. Though I'm not sure why my reaction to this affects you.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Some people are curious. You're not. Nothing melodramatic about that. It does genuinely creep me out, it's like if you're looking directly at an object you swear is one thing and someone directly next to you sees something entirely different, I personally don't get how you can't be curious about that but ok. Especially something that I don't believe has been accurately explained yet. Though I'm not sure why my reaction to this affects you.
    Two people can witness the same car accident and give different accounts. Is that creepy, too?
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Two people can witness the same car accident and give different accounts. Is that creepy, too?
    Not as much since there's an explanation for that. If there wasn't then yes I would find it so. Literally completely different scenario that involves memory recall and various other things... Compared to looking at a photo on a screen...

Not as much since there's an explanation for that. If there wasn't then yes I would find it so. Literally completely different scenario that involves memory recall and various other things... Compared to looking at a photo on a screen...
    There's not much memory going on when two people are standing at an intersection and claim they saw the accident differently. How much memory is needed in those seconds/minutes?
    The east and the west are mine, the north and the south are mine. All seems beautiful to me.
    — Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

There's not much memory going on when two people are standing at an intersection and claim they saw the accident differently. How much memory is needed in those seconds/minutes?
    Recounting their statements like... Do you not know how these things work? Do they give statements as the incident happens? To whom?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Someone once posted a test for color sensitivity (in which I sucked pretty bad). I feel like that could be part of the explanation.

Recounting their statements like... Do you not know how these things work? Do they give statements as the incident happens? To whom?
    Statements as it happens. That's why I brought it up. It's merely differences between how the eye and brain communicate. But as far as this thread is concerned, yes, computer differences can play a big role. Especially browsers. If you ever worked with images in your profession, it would certainly make sense. I could email the same image/photo/design to 5 different people and they'd see the colors differently depending on what they were using to view it. That's why I only did it if they understood the risks of color variation caused by their own computer system and choice of browser.
    — Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Statements as it happens. That's why I brought it up. It's merely differences between how the eye and brain communicate. But as far as this thread is concerned, yes, computer differences can play a big role. Especially browsers. If you ever worked with images in your profession, it would certainly make sense. I could email the same image/photo/design to 5 different people and they'd see the colors differently depending on what they were using to view it. That's why I only did it if they understood the risks of color variation caused by their own computer system and choice of browser.
    No one gives statements as it happens wow. It's not 'merely differences between how the eye and brain communicate', there's a lot of factors that go into witness statements, I learnt just the tip of the iceberg in Sociology which I had lessons for in secondary school for two years, so I can imagine we only learnt the absolute basics and even that talks about a lot more than perception differences.

Sorry but even though my profession/study is not in computing, there is no way that picture is going to drastically change when we're talking about the large scale of people on SNS that viewed it. This thread itself is where you should be talking about differences in how the eye and brain communicate, but computer differences playing such big a role as you claimed it to be is bs.
    Likes Starry liked this post

No one gives statements as it happens wow. It's not 'merely differences between how the eye and brain communicate', there's a lot of factors that go into witness statements, I learnt just the tip of the iceberg in Sociology which I had lessons for in secondary school for two years, so I can imagine we only learnt the absolute basics and even that talks about a lot more than perception differences.

Sorry but even though my profession/study is not in computing, there is no way that picture is going to drastically change when we're talking about the large scale of people on SNS that viewed it. This thread itself is where you should be talking about differences in how the eye and brain communicate, but computer differences playing such big a role as you claimed it to be is bs.
    Perhaps posting "OMG IT'S CREEPY!!!!" will work better for you in this case. Go with that strategy.
    — Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Perhaps posting "OMG IT'S CREEPY!!!!" will work better for you. Stick with that strategy.
    Weak af, and not in response to any particular thing.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast