First 1234 Last

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

For me, it has to be the Swedish infamous Surströmming, Casu Marzu a.k.a the Italian rotten sheep cheese with maggots, dogs, dolphins, rats, bats, any endangered animal andddd the delicacy of despair foie gras - regardless of how they are prepared and advertised

I'd like to think of myself as a pretty adventurous eater. I eat balut, durian fruit, pig's feet, ear and tongue all my life. I've tried pig/duck blood pudding, bull's penis and balls, thousand-year-old eggs, silkworm pupae, etc. I'll try Korean raw octopuses Sannakji, ant larvae Escamole, sharks, cockscombs, insects, snakes and whatever, but just NOT the stuff above
    And I admit, we Asians do call some disgusting stuff "food".
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes sprinkles liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Uhm.. Peas. I know they seem awesome, but I hate just normal old fashioned peas. I don't enjoy the flavor. I'll still demolish them if they're served at a friend's house, or cooked into things, but I never ate chicken pot pies and mixed veggies growing up because they featured peas.

I'm cool with trying almost anything once.
    I can relate to this. When I was little I threw up after eating peas, pork, and rice and I have never been the same. I will not touch peas anymore, I'm not overly fond of rice but I'll eat it, and I haven't really eaten pork since.

I also don't like grapes and oranges, but there isn't much of a story behind those. I think it's because of the crappy flavored cough medicines that are "grape" or "orange".

Lutefisk is a big deal where I live, and I don't know if I'd even want to look at it, more or less touch or smell it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    It's not radically different from chicken soup is it? It's boiled bird. People like boiled bird. It's an egg, and people like eggs.
    I think it's the fact that it's not quite an egg, and not quite a bird, but rather something in between, frozen in a sort of developmental limbo. Personally, the idea of eating a premature baby bird just seems creepy and unwholesome somehow.

But then, it's a cultural thing. If I'd grown up in an area where it was a common food item, I might not think anything of it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lil_Red View Post
    I can relate to this. When I was little I threw up after eating peas, pork, and rice and I have never been the same. I will not touch peas anymore, I'm not overly fond of rice but I'll eat it, and I haven't really eaten pork since.

I also don't like grapes and oranges, but there isn't much of a story behind those. I think it's because of the crappy flavored cough medicines that are "grape" or "orange".

Lutefisk is a big deal where I live, and I don't know if I'd even want to look at it, more or less touch or smell it.
    Oh dear lutefisk I think is the European natto. You've gotta grow up appreciating it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

I have the feeling that if I tasted hákarl (fermented shark), I would have to spit it out. Also, the Sardinian maggot cheese looks rank.

In Poland I decided to try a traditional dish called czarnina, not knowing it was duck blood soup. If I remember correctly, I could only eat a few spoonfuls because it became nauseating.

I can't even eat tomatoes because they're disgusting.
    "A negative mind will never give you a positive life." http://bosniannames.com/

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

chapulinas. nope. no. no. nope. no.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I could never eat dog, or even cat. Can't get past the idea of eating an animal I would otherwise form an emotional attachment to. I also really struggle with eating food that has visible fat... So brain and other organ meats are out. I have however eaten chicken hearts and cow tongue. Those were actually pretty good.

Oh, and kimchi/sauerkraut. I just can't get past the smell. I'm just not a huge fan of pickled/fermented foods in general. Sour is not my favorite.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Casu marzu, just...no. (Although I would gift it to my neighbors under the guise of casserole or something as my way of reciprocating for their letting their stupid rug/dog combo defecate on my lawn.)
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Dog.

I am also aware that this is considered quite acceptable in many Pacific Island nations, as well as in China. I am not ashamed to say that eating pets is a sign of cultural inferiority.