User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I'm actually trying to understand here.
    ok, then tell me what your weaknesses are and I'll tell you why INTPs don't like them.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    ok, then tell me what your weaknesses are and I'll tell you why INTPs don't like them.
    I was actually trying to get a rundown of INTP weaknesses and why I wouldn't like them.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Well said.
    Yikes, I feel bad bashing on the SFJs, but the unhealthy ones are infuriating.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    For your benefit, I will link this, though: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post282310

Enneagram
    1w2

Bring it! That's what we're here for.
    These are what I've observed living with an ISTP and INTP. I've also noticed this to varying extent with the ITPs I've had more than acquaintance level experience with. My gripes spiral out into a multitude of other issues, but here they are:

1. Apathy
    2. Laziness
    3. Critical/nitpicky
    4. Surprisingly overemotional

Apathy, I've just had to not care about because if they don't care, why should I? But this is where the surprisingly emotional comes out. They don't care, but they want you to care when they do care and react horribly when you finally don't give a fuck anymore. I've seen some awe inspiring tantrums arise for the worse of these moments.

The nitpickiness is something that happens with the INTPs and ISTPs at work, which is why I keep my conversation with them limited to the mundane. I seem to have less problems about this with ISTPs because they have some sense and ability to pick up on subtle and minor body language like loud sighing, evil glares, stomping on their feet under the table, soda cans being thrown at their heads, and people cursing at them and getting up and leaving. Sadly, none of this registers with INTPs.

Anytime the conversation goes into one of the "deep and intellectual" topics people around here pine don't you dare contradict an INTP. They use their Ne to tell you all the various ways you're stupid. I do think some of those are clever and I have to laugh. Even my INTP friend that I like, does this to me and I have to tell her to chill when she's doing it. Sometimes I don't say anything because I can tell she's put a lot of thought into it and I hate to take away the few joys she has since nearly nothing rouses her out of her abject state of apathy but her musings on Bioshock and House.

And everything comes full circle.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    1. Apathy
    Ah who cares.

2. Laziness
    I could respond to that but.. meh.

3. Critical/nitpicky
    Do you have a reference or am I just supposed to accept that?

4. Surprisingly overemotional
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Ah who cares.

I could respond to that but.. meh.

Do you have a reference or am I just supposed to accept that?

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
    Excellent snark, but could you perhaps give some insight into the INTP weaknesses? I'd still like to hear about them from an INTP (thank you, though, proteanmix).

MBTI
    EXXP

I can't say any type scares me.

In fact, I'm thinking that any unhealthy type is the type you don't want to be around.

With that said, the person in my life that I actively avoid is an extremely unhealthy ISFJ.

Reasons

I can't have a conversation with her. It is all one-sided. Anything that I manage to slip in is effectively twisted for her self-victimization for LIFE. And without me being given a chance to explain what I meant.

Then, years down the line that same thing I said is brought up as 'proof' of what she has been through but I am still not allowed to talk it out with her.

Everything is about her and/or related to her interests in victimizing herself and making you look bad.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Excellent snark, but could you perhaps give some insight into the INTP weaknesses? I'd still like to hear about them from an INTP (thank you, though, proteanmix).
    Awwww, I love snarks!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Awwww, I love snarks!
    There is nothing wrong with snark, I just can't get a damn answer from these INTPs.