User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I guess it's the lack of understanding I was talking about earlier. Many people fear what they don't understand. And I know from my own bad traits (and from the type descriptions and some stories on here) that a bad ESFJ would be quite a nutcase. Like the crazy ex-wife or religious nut mother or something like that. But I never think to myself "What an asshole that INTP is." INTPs, what do you do that sucks and would make me dislike you?
    Right now you're judging INTPs because some of them fear what they don't understand. But you still seem to think you have taken the high road.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

If x, then y.
    Because of z, then y.
    Therefore z = b

Nicely done everyone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    oh and did i mention that they're usually very religious? will not question our existence as the Bible is all they need to know.
    I could tolerate religiousness to a degree, but the ones I have known were all Bible literalists. You know, the Earth is six thousand years old, Adam and Eve, all that crap.

MBTI
    ESFJ

settle down there you. we've established that you're not really one of them. or are you?
    I think I am. Most of the tests have said so, and the type descriptions are pretty close. I am not religious, either, although I went to 13 years of Catholic school and am fond of chunks of the Bible.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    1w2

You know, if I wanted to complain about INTPs I could. I am well-versed in your ITP ways since my bro and sis are both ITPs.

Fortunately for me no one irritates me that much that I'd cower before them and rant about them online instead of doing it to their face where it actually matters. I work with a ton of ESFJs and maybe two of them manifest the behavior people act like the normal ESFJ behaves.

And it's so funny cause one of my INTP coworkers who is incapable of using a simple vending machine and has cried several times because she's can't operate Outlook hates one of my ESFJ coworkers. I think she hates the fact that she's actually functional in the real world and doesn't wilt over stupid stuff. And what I see is the INTP picking everything the ESFJ does apart even down to telling her she's stupid for buying name brand Motrin instead of the generic version of ibuprofen and then launched into some diatribe about formulary drugs. Which is in part why the ESFJ reacts towards the INTP the way she does, because she's always belittling her intelligence.

That's just the stuff that's happened within the last week over lunch. Which is why I hardly believe that ESFJs are the scourge of INTPs. I'm pretty sure INTPs do just as much back. Underneath it seems to be the dogmatic belief that the INTP is right and the ESFJ never is. Seems like two sides of the same coin to me.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    If x, then y.
    Because of z, then y.
    Therefore z = b

Nicely done everyone.
    Night for Prez!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

The immature ones are easy to recognise and avoid. It is the mature ESFJ malignant ones that are dangerous. Three together is nearly fatal. Four Crazy Horse and it would be fatal. But they come with others attached unless they have been sussed as a sadist early on.

Mature ones can hide any malignant traits.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I could religiousness to a degree, but the ones I have known were all Bible literalists. You know, the Earth is six thousand years old, Adam and Eve, all that crap.
    I'm not really talking down about religious people in general, but at least have the open mindedness to discuss other possibilities.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

oh and did i mention that they're usually very religious? will not question their own existence as the Bible is all they need to know.
    Osman bin Laden is certainly a ESFJ Unicorn variant.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    Right now you're judging INTPs because some of them fear what they don't understand. But you still seem to think you have taken the high road.
    I am not judging anyone. Way to project! I am asking direct questions about a tendency I've noticed. I'm actually trying to understand here.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"