User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    That's why you're not an INTP.

edit: I think ESFJs are scary to some INTPs in the way that the Chilly Down bit from Labyrinth is scary. YouTube - Chilly Down From Labyrinth
    It's different in an ugly and nonsensical way.
    Ugly and nonsensical? Those things seem like weirdos who like to party to me. I wasn't frightened by that, either.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    "ESFJ cause all the serious trouble I have ever had and the malignant ones can be murderers. A menace."

"Aye. An unhealthy ESFJ is a frightening thing to behold. It shrivels me testes."

What's up with the INTPs being afraid of the opposite type? I know I wouldn't put down INTP as the type that scares me the most. Perhaps the type which I understand least, but that doesn't frighten me.
    INTPs are the type that most consistently complains about their opposite. I don't even see INTJs or INFPs bitching about ESFPs and ESTJs as much. That makes me wonder...
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Moths scare me. Do moths have a type? Those cunts.
    They try to fly up my nose all the time. Must be ENTJs.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What's up with the INTPs being afraid of the opposite type? I know I wouldn't put down INTP as the type that scares me the most. Perhaps the type which I understand least, but that doesn't frighten me.
    It's mainly the ESFJ wimmen folk in my case. I'm not necessarily scared of the healthy ones (though I do find them to be superficial, dogmatic, and irritatingly inflexible). But the ones on the dysfunctional end of the spectrum are truly, spectacularly frightening when they go all DEFCON 1 irrational on you.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's sort of frightening to feel like someone's going to barge right through any protective barriers you have around you and try to dominate you in some way, taking away your autonomy if they can, unless you fight like hell -- and withdrawal, not fighting, is the preferred method of negative conflict resolution, but you know you can't run because they'll come after you.
    That doesn't sound like me at all. Or any other ESFJ I know.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    It's mainly the ESFJ wimmen folk in my case. I'm not necessarily scared of the healthy ones (though I do find them to be superficial, dogmatic, and irritatingly inflexible). But the ones on the dysfunctional end of the spectrum are truly, spectacularly frightening when they go all DEFCON 1 irrational on you.
    Ouch. I may be inflexible, but superficial or dogmatic, I am not. I am always the relentlessly rational person in an argument, too.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

puremerc you are probably weak sensor. while I don't know you irl, you don't seem like any of the ESFJ people I know unless male ESFJ's differ a lot from the females.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    So in your carnage with ESFJs, do you never do anything to antagonize them or are they just on you like stink on doo-doo?

Sorry, I find it hard to believe that INTPs never do anything to ESFJs and ESFJs are always attacking the poor INTPs.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

a couple of things i've noticed about ESFJ's is that it's their way, or no way at all and they're bossy.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    a couple of things i've noticed about ESFJ's is that it's their way, or no way at all and they're bossy.
    Yep.