User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I've noticed that socially inept/immature ENTJs tend to carve (unecessary) enemies with their bravado-over-substance brand of leadership.

The few graceful ENTJs I've met were quite the opposite - polite; steadfast and laden with an almost supernatural balance of emotional charisma and intellectual heft.

Needless to say, I far prefer the latter.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ...The few graceful ENTJs I've met were quite the opposite - polite; steadfast and laden with an almost supernatural balance of emotional charisma and intellectual heft.
    Do you have their e-mail addresses?

But yes, you're right, it's usually the blunt "balls to the wall" slap style of communication that freaks me out, where I feel like they've just tried to immediately dominate the discussion and truss everyone else up so they can be in charge.

I sort of learned just to slap back and they probably won't take it personally on the level I did, so I try to let my head guide me and not try the empathic route.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'm pretty sure no type scares me in a genuinely frightened, bad way, although in a thrilling sorta good way, INTJ's can sometimes...
    Except when they have to ask why people are interested in sex.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

ENFJs probably.

From Typelogic:
    They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.
    At their worst, they remind me of a C.S. Lewis quote, "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victim may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber barons cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    I don't wanna!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Except when they have to ask why people are interested in sex.
    Why?
    It is the question like any other.

ESFJ cause all the serious trouble I have ever had and the malignant ones can be murderers. A menace.

Perseus (INTP)
    The Sore Dragon

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    ESFJ cause all the serious trouble I have ever had and the malignant ones can be murderers. A menace.
    Aye. An unhealthy ESFJ is a frightening thing to behold. It shrivels me testes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you have their e-mail addresses?
    Actually, you probably don't have to look very far.
    htb is a great example of a mature ENTJ similar to what I've encountered in RL.

The ENTJs I described in my earlier post were corporate trainers.

Enneagram
    1w2

Why do you INTPs wither so easily under ESFJs?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Their reputation for wanton inflexibility - especially as it pertains to minutiae that otherwise serves to distract from some larger goal.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ExTJs. They are the boss types. I've always been afraid of my bosses and I tried avoiding them as much as possible.