User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    ESFJ cause all the serious trouble I have ever had and the malignant ones can be murderers. A menace.

Perseus (INTP)
    The Sore Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Aye. An unhealthy ESFJ is a frightening thing to behold. It shrivels me testes.
    Yes and yes. Only it would be me ovaries or something, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That doesn't sound like me at all. Or any other ESFJ I know.
    Every one of them that I know Jennifer's post describes perfectly, although I can't say that it really scares me, just that I have the most trouble from the ones that I know. I also know it doesn't describe all of them. /disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Er, I know I'm only new here and all. The only people I really have a problem connecting with happen to be rigid SFJ women. I do know really wonderful SFJs. But I've had an inordinate amount of trouble with unhealthy SFJs in the past.

That subset of SFJ women are all very high drama, no compassion for anyone but themselves... and they have deep reserves of this for themselves, status obsessed, attention-seeking, haughty, always right. I've tried in the past to attempt to find something in each one that could make me want to be in the same room but it's just not there. What I find particularly annoying is that these women all seem to think their problems are greater than everyone else's and will unload upon you in a heartbeat. Then they feel better and you feel awful, I admit I could be oversensitive to this.

Haha I guess I just unloaded.... Self-aware SFJ women are as great as anyone else. Unhealthy ones are hellish.
    I love this post.

I don't know that I'm biased against ESFJs, I hope I'm not, anyway. I'm very willing to try and get along with everyone, that being my nature, but dang, sometimes too much is just too much and as much as I'm trying to learn about and accept everyone for just being exactly who they are, I can only really know my own experiences and these experiences could be better. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by proteanmix; 08-14-2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: merged posts
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Ew, I hate being "goaded out of my shell." Surefire recipe for a personality clash.
    From personal experience it is the ENFP that lives in a shell.

Diogenes pugilator at the extreme.

Freud is 80% fraud, all except the E for Ego
    The difference between the Psi Cops (psychiatrists)
    and the Psi Corps (psychologists) is the R for Relationship.

Perseus

MBTI
    INxJ

None scare me. I do get really frustrated trying to explain ideas to certain types. Or even have conversation for that matter.

MBTI
    intj

Sociopaths/pathological liars in a position of power......
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Certain kinds of IFPs. ETJs to some extent if I'm in their physical presence, but less so than extreme IFPs. An ETJ can only scare you in person, and they're more easily appeased by reason. An IFP can hit you just as hard as the ETJ seems to be threatening to, they can do it emotionally, and from anywhere, not just in person. In person, they're both equally scary. They both give me the same vibe. ETJs at least tend to draw boundaries and be predictable... IFPs, you never know what will set them off.

EFJs can intimidate (but not scare) me at first, but only if I don't know them well.

InPs in general can annoy me if they get really self-righteous and think their way is the only way though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I work with a ton of ESFJs and maybe two of them manifest the behavior people act like the normal ESFJ behaves.
    Hmm... you know, I always wondered if they could really be that bad. I've always personally thought INTPs have an exaggeratedly negative perception of them, although hearing it so often on the forums sometimes brainwashes me into thinking as if it must be true, when I know it's probably not.

And it's so funny cause one of my INTP coworkers who is incapable of using a simple vending machine and has cried several times because she's can't operate Outlook hates one of my ESFJ coworkers.
    You know, I've sometimes wondered if INTPs look intelligent but aren't really, and ESFJs are intelligent but don't seem to be. You seem to have made me consider that idea more seriously...

And what I see is the INTP picking everything the ESFJ does apart even down to telling her she's stupid for buying name brand Motrin instead of the generic version of ibuprofen and then launched into some diatribe about formulary drugs. Which is in part why the ESFJ reacts towards the INTP the way she does, because she's always belittling her intelligence.
    Now that's crazy. Brand name drugs work better than generic (from experience), the generic companies can have lower standards. They have to be more careful with the name brand because if someone doesn't have it work or it makes someone sick, their reputation can be ruined fast. The generic companies have less to lose.

Seems like two sides of the same coin to me.
    I think that applies to every type, and their shadow.

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTJ, and I don't know exactly why. And ESFJ.
    It's not exactly that they scare me, it's just that it's usually hard for me to deal with them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think I'm scared on ENTJ's..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    You know, I've sometimes wondered if INTPs look intelligent but aren't really, and ESFJs are intelligent but don't seem to be. You seem to have made me consider that idea more seriously.

I am starting to think that the problem isn't that ESFJs are crazy and belligerent (of course, some are), but rather that SOME INTPs are really just whiny, insecure wusses who aren't nearly as intelligent or deep as they believe themselves to be.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    From personal experience it is the ENFP that lives in a shell.

Diogenes pugilator at the extreme.
    [/IMG]
    Once during an argument with my ISFJ wife, I withdrew to the front porch to cool off. She A) followed me, and B) demanded that I not withdraw, but keep the lines of communication open and tell her how I really felt.

I obliged and came back in the house. She wanted communication, and that's what she got. I felt badly afterward, having left her in tears... I reacted out of anger, and that wasn't likely to end well... but on the other hand, don't ask questions if you aren't ready for the answers.