User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

When your heart is torn, there's no way to know for sure what to do.

So make the best decision you can (using all available faculties), and then follow it. Don't second-guess or blame yourself later. You made a choice, accept that and believe in it. It makes no sense to make a decision that you continue to regret; if that is the case, you should have made a different decision.

(so there's an instance where, even if you realize one decision might be easier/better in most ways, if you know you can't live with that decision long-term, then it's not the best decision for you. You have to be able to LIVE with your decision.)

Some decisions do lock out possibilities. But no decision is utterly exclusive and permanent. If you realized you goofed, look at your current options... then make a new decision.

You are never trapped or ruined for life. Usually we are caged only by our own expectations and unwillingness to change certain things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It makes no sense to make a decision that you continue to regret; if that is the case, you should have made a different decision.
    Exactly, but one doesn't make a decision WANTING to regret it. That is the whole point behind second-guessing and getting advice and sayings like "don't put all your eggs in one basket" "hasty decision" etc.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    For me it's about letting go and doing what I feel is right even if it seems wrong and logic or fear are saying not to.
    It's interesting that a lot of what I find irrational seems to belong and is inherent to existence.
    --
    Sometimes I think your genes might know best.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    intp

Me and mine are not on speaking terms. Kind of hard to follow then.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Mine is screaming in my ear, but dispite my bleeding ears it's not quite practical to follow yet.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sounds pessimistic, but I say, "Don't follow your heart, it only works for other people."
    I am half-kidding. But only half.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    It's interesting that a lot of what I find irrational seems to belong and is inherent to existence.
    --
    Sometimes I think your genes might know best.
    The first half of this is pretty good. It touches a little on evolutionary instinctual feeling rather than some spiritual hoojiwhat.

YouTube - TEDTalks: Dan Dennett (2006)
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    Sounds pessimistic, but I say, "Don't follow your heart, it only works for other people."
    I am half-kidding. But only half.
    I hear that.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The short simple answer is to let your heart be your compass and your head be your map. Your heart knows the direction that will make you content with your life, while your head can chart the course to get there.

Well for me knowing what my heart wants has always been hard. I realized after a lot of reflection that this is what I was doing. Somehow I end up burying my desires or maybe I wasn't in touch with them to begin with. Secondly for some reason I became afraid of getting what I wanted. The more I wanted something, the more afraid I was of getting it. All of this was on an unconscious level. On a conscious level whenever confronted with the thing I wanted I would come up with all sorts of reasons against it. Consciously it seemed rational, but unconsciously it stemmed from fear. At some point I started confronting myself on these things and simply took some leaps of faith. So far these leaps of faith have worked out pretty well.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

I don't know if my "heart" is speaking to me or if I am obsessed. If I heard right, where its telling me to go seems to be impossible (and incredibly scary).

But right now, I have a convoluted plan to get there. Right now, either my head is failing my heart, or both are failing my soul.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield