User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Where should I go on vacation?

I've got a full two week vacation coming up soon and I don't know where to go.

It has to be within a eight hour driving distance of DC and some place I can stand to be alone for one week.

Remember, I'm an extrovert and hoity-toity so none of this quiet solitude nonsense and room service is a must!!!

Thank you for your cooperation!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am very excited to be stopping in South Carolina and Savannah, GA on my way out to L.A. Hopefully, it will still be warm enough for the beach in early October in SC, and I am definitely down for a little B&B stay in Savannah.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Do you want to stay in one location and venture out from there or do you want to do more of a roadtrip? Is it one or two weeks?

Off the top of my head:

Charleston
    Myrtle Beach
    The Outer Banks
    NY
    New England coast roadtrip

I'm not sure how far Charleston and Myrtle Beach are from DC, but those would be my choices. I'd do 4-5 days in Charleston, then add a few in Myrtle Beach. Lots happening in both places - sightseeing, great restaurants, nice hotels, etc.

Enneagram
    1w2

I'm thinking I want to be near the ocean. My coworkers suggested Rehobeth Beach and Ocean City. I'm too close to Ocean City for that to be a real vacation. I have a car so taking a day trip somewhere else is cool.

Wherever I go I'm thinking I'm going to be there for seven nights and eight days. That will give me enough time to explore the surrounding area. I'm more worried about running out of things to do.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

My first guess was NYC. Dunno if you've explored it much, but I doubt you'd run out of things to do if you were really looking...

Atlantic City?
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm thinking I want to be near the ocean. My coworkers suggested Rehobeth Beach and Ocean City. I'm too close to Ocean City for that to be a real vacation. I have a car so taking a day trip somewhere else is cool.

Wherever I go I'm thinking I'm going to be there for seven nights and eight days. That will give me enough time to explore the surrounding area. I'm more worried about running out of things to do.
    You already live in one of the best tourist destinations, with museums, bookstores, libraries and historical sights. So the bar is set pretty high.

We have friends who go to OC every year to visit family. It's quaint, but a little boring for a whole week.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hilton Head, SC, the Outer Banks, Cape May, NJ.

NOT Atlantic City, unless you really like to gamble.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    You already live in one of the best tourist destinations, with museums, bookstores, libraries and historical sights. So the bar is set pretty high.
    I know, I'm totally spoiled! When I've gone to museums in other cities and they want you to pay I start sputtering.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Hilton Head, SC, the Outer Banks, Cape May, NJ.

NOT Atlantic City, unless you really like to gamble.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    My first guess was NYC. Dunno if you've explored it much, but I doubt you'd run out of things to do if you were really looking...

Atlantic City?
    Oooh, I totally forgot about Atlantic City. Outer Banks sounds good too. I can wander around in NYC and I know people there.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I absolutely love Charleston. If I could pick one other place in the world to live, that would be it. It's a great place to people watch, and I had some of the best coffee I ever had at a restaurant down there. Haven't been back in ages though,

MBTI
    INTJ

I've got a full two week vacation coming up soon and I don't know where to go.

It has to be within a eight hour driving distance of DC

Oh well... It's not like I have the time this fall anyway.