First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

Oh well... It's not like I have the time this fall anyway.
    Aw, poor Economica, lol
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I've got a full two week vacation coming up soon and I don't know where to go.

It has to be within a eight hour driving distance of DC and some place I can stand to be alone for one week.

Remember, I'm an extrovert and hoity-toity so none of this quiet solitude nonsense and room service is a must!!!

Thank you for your cooperation!
    We lived in Maryland for 17 years,
    but we were raising a family so we didn't vacation
    except to go home to Maine or Michigan to see family.

Rehoboth Beach in Delaware is nice, not as big and busy as Ocean City, MD.
    Virginia has some great places to visit.

Where have you gone in the past,
    and what do you like to do?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Do you want to stay in one location and venture out from there or do you want to do more of a roadtrip? Is it one or two weeks?

Off the top of my head:

Charleston
    Myrtle Beach
    The Outer Banks
    NY
    New England coast roadtrip

I'm not sure how far Charleston and Myrtle Beach are from DC, but those would be my choices. I'd do 4-5 days in Charleston, then add a few in Myrtle Beach. Lots happening in both places - sightseeing, great restaurants, nice hotels, etc.
    Great suggestions.
    We've been having cold weather here, so if you want to go to the beach, don't head north.
    The Outer Banks sounds great and so does Myrtle Beach,
    or even Virginia Beach.

The Outer Banks of North Carolina
    Outer Banks Of North Carolina - Carova Beach, Corolla, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Rodanthe, Avon, Waves, Salvo, Buxton, Ocracoke Village, Manteo, Wanchese and Roanoke Island
    AccuWeather.com - Nags Head, NC - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

Discover Myrtle Beach - Tourist and Visitor Guide
    Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Myrtle Beach Hotels
    Myrtle Beach Vacation Guides and South Carolina Travel Spots, Hotels and Resorts - Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
    AccuWeather.com - Myrtle Beach, SC - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

Myrtle beach is about 7 1/2 hours away from you,
    Nag's Head is about 5 hours,
    Virginia Beach about 3 1/2 hours.

Temperature-wise, Myrtle Beach is still hitting mid to upper 80's,
    Nag's Head is in the mid to lower 80's.

I have heard many people talk about what a wonderful vacation they have had in Myrtle Beach,
    but the Outer Banks are quite popular, too.
    You COULD do BOTH!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Great suggestions.
    We've been having cold weather here, so if you want to go to the beach, don't head north.
    The Outer Banks sounds great and so does Myrtle Beach,
    or even Virginia Beach.

The Outer Banks of North Carolina
    Outer Banks Of North Carolina - Carova Beach, Corolla, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Rodanthe, Avon, Waves, Salvo, Buxton, Ocracoke Village, Manteo, Wanchese and Roanoke Island
    AccuWeather.com - Nags Head, NC - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

Discover Myrtle Beach - Tourist and Visitor Guide
    Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Myrtle Beach Hotels
    Myrtle Beach Vacation Guides and South Carolina Travel Spots, Hotels and Resorts - Myrtle Beach Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
    AccuWeather.com - Myrtle Beach, SC - Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts

Myrtle beach is about 7 1/2 hours away from you,
    Nag's Head is about 5 hours,
    Virginia Beach about 3 1/2 hours.

Temperature-wise, Myrtle Beach is still hitting mid to upper 80's,
    Nag's Head is in the mid to lower 80's.

I have heard many people talk about what a wonderful vacation they have had in Myrtle Beach,
    but the Outer Banks are quite popular, too.
    You COULD do BOTH!
    What are the temperatures for the Myrtle Beach area like around early October?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    What are the temperatures for the Myrtle Beach area like around early October?
    Typical Weather for Myrtle Beach, SC - Local Forecasts

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

if you're planning on heading to myrtle beach go to north myrtle beach. the south part is nasty..
    Time is a delicate mistress.

HIlton Head and the Outer Banks are beautiful, but I'm afraid that there won't be enough going on there for an extravert. But of course I could be wrong, depending on what you like to do. When we were at the Outer Banks we were fishing, mountain bike riding, and relaxing on the beach - couldn't swim, the ocean was too rough around Kitty Hawk. I've heard it's more gentle down by the Atlantic Beach area. Hilton Head was nice but not much to do but golfing. Neither place had much nightlife. But they might be good for a couple of days if you combined it with another location.

Myrtle Beach has a lot more going on, but you need to be in the right area and at the right hotel (there are a lot of tacky sections). I've gone there many times and really like it.

THe average daily high for Myrtle Beach in October is 76 degrees.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

We were in hilton head this past may and had a nice time but as Alicia mentioned it's very laid back and golfy. We had fun bike riding on the beach and around town though. Shopping was crap.

North Myrtle Beach has some great places to stay and Barefoot Landing (good shopping).

I've been researching for a beach getaway sometime in September and think we'll head over to the outer banks or Wrightsville beach. Honestly I can't decide either.

If I were young and single I'd head over to Cali and forget about the Carolinas.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

An eight-hour drive from DC? There's very little of any value within that area, except maybe western PA, the little tip of Vermont that you could get to in that time, and some coastal regions to the south. I never realized how boxed-in by crap DC is.

Fly somewhere good, and just forget the driving. You'll probably pay less than the gas and end up somewhere much better.

What kind of budget do you have? I like Yellowstone, and they have lodging there... If you want social fun, you could come down here and get drunk perpetually, party, etc, in Pacific Beach and/or Tijuana (if you want to chance going to jail).
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Charleston? It's one of my favorite places around there.