User Tag List

123 Last

Default Voice and Speech Typing (User Edition)

Many a method has been tried in the eternal quest for accurate typing. We have analyzed your reading, your writing, your desktop background and music lists, we have looked at your drawings, your tumblr, your arms, butts, and boobs, we have gazed into your eyes and read your faces, but true type has never been glimpsed.

It is said a picture says more than a thousand words. Yet how much more do lips say! So let us now hear your voices.

The way this thread works is rather simple:

1. You record a sample of your speech, using your own voice. You can say whatever you like, read something of your choosing or, if you are completely clueless, tell us something about hell.
    2. You upload it somewhere (Vocaroo | Online voice recorder, Online Voice Recorder - Record Sound from Microphone, ...).
    3. You send me the link via PM or rep.
    4. I post your sample anonymously.
    5. People apply their various psychological pet theories to your voice and speech patterns in order to type you (MBTI, Enneagram, Socionics, religious affiliation, hot or not, etc.). You can even participate yourself!

It will be up to you to decide whether you want to out yourself after the typing has begun.

Idea kind of stolen from thoughtlost.
    Last edited by Nicodemus; 02-04-2015 at 06:22 AM.

Likes GarrotTheThief, ayoitsStepho liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Awesome idea. Kinda busy atm, gonna try typing ppl later.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Vocaroo | Voice message

This is "Alone", a famous poem by Edgar Allen Poe. His sense of alienation and intrinsic difference to others, without fully being able to deduce why (the 'mystery'), is something that resonates strongly with me. That is what I interpret the underlying theme of the poem to be, anyway...there always seems to be a maelstrom of bitching in academia around what a poet is trying to express

I felt it was more appropriate to choose a text that has some personal meaning, than just read anything. Actually if everybody does this, typing each other will be a lot easier. Think of a work that could offer us some insight into your consciousness.

(Sorry for my voice being a bit crackly. I have a slight cold at the moment.)
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

reading "The Time for Smiling is Over"
    Vocaroo | Voice message
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    you sound like an intelligent man.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    reading "The Time for Smiling is Over"
    Vocaroo | Voice message
    You have a slow, clear and powerful voice with little emotionality.

(from http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...functions.html)

I would say you have a Te voice; what do you think?
    @Nicodemus Ni with strong Te, it fits.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    You have a slow, clear and powerful voice with little emotionality.

(from http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...functions.html)

I would say you have a Te voice; what do you think?
    @Nicodemus Ni with strong Te, it fits.
    On forums people type me as ENTP, more often than not, and surprisingly, once in a while INFJ, but in real life, people versed in the theory type me as ENTJ. I also tend to stand strong with my arms crossed.

So I would agree with you. The first thing on my mind when I wake up is to tackle whatever is hardest. I live according to a routine but I don't like it as much as an ESTJ, I just see it as a means to achieve what I Want to achieve. However, for an ENTJ my ambitions are broad and span a wide gamut. I guess that is where NI comes in and SE.

Based on the voice profile I would agree. I start strong and drift off.
    it was open
    -the end"

@Kullervo, @GarrotTheThief, the idea was to have anonymous samples so that in their attempt to type you people would, ideally, not be able to take any other information into account than what is supplied by your speech.

Others, that is people who read the opening post, got the idea, though. So sample #1 is not mine.
    Likes Hard, Kierva, GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    @Kullervo, @GarrotTheThief, the idea was to have anonymous samples so that in their attempt to type you people would, ideally, not be able to take any other information into account than what is supplied by your speech.

Others, that is people who read the opening post, got the idea, though. So sample #1 is not mine.
    we are like two of your disobedient little angel brothers, although I think this transgression was unintentional. If I could figure out whether or not I was one unified and independent field of consciousness or if my individuality was an illusion I would have a better answer for you.
    it was open
    -the end"