User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm glad you posted Jaguar because this is the sort of thing I was posting about, you serve to illustrate the point well and that was almost on que, its got that I can guess you or Nicodemus at least will have some snide, nasty, rude or otherwise trollish thing to say after anything I post but I dont flatter myself that its restricted to me by any stretch of the imagination.

No is that conducive to more people visiting and more people stay or is it not?

It is no doubt a surprise but public discussion forums are for public discussion, sometimes that includes topics you are not interested in.
    Go start a thought-provoking thread to boost the health of this forum. It's all up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Go start a thought-provoking thread to boost the health of this forum. It's all up to you.
    Poor Jaguar.

Poor Jaguar.
    Poor Lark:

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    I remember a mod back in the day telling me to create less threads, post less, do not bring back threads.
    Don't you see, this is an opportunity to show that mod how thought-provoking your threads are. Come on, Lark. Let's brainstorm some threads, right here. Right now. Ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Poor Lark:

Don't you see, this is an opportunity to show that mod how thought-provoking your threads are. Come on, Lark. Let's brainstorm some threads, right here. Right now. Ready?
    And I see the new members flocking in to talk to you as always Jaguar.

That's not the first time you've quoted my posts, maybe you could write something worth quoting?

Maybe someone else will quote it for you, I'm stopping talking to you because I dont want to form the mistaken belief that you're worth interacting with.

And I can get banned for hostility if this post qualifies.
    Last edited by Survive & Stay Free; 01-29-2015 at 09:31 AM. Reason: making last point.

And I see the new members flocking in to talk to you as always Jaguar.

That's not the first time you've quoted my posts, maybe you could write something worth quoting?

Maybe someone else will quote it for you, I'm stopping talking to you because I dont want to form the mistaken belief that you're worth interacting with.

And I can get banned for hostility if this post qualifies.
    Still waiting for the brainstorming of threads to begin, to boost the health of this forum. Or maybe that's not your goal? Unlike yourself, I don't think throwing tomatoes at mods solves anything. If you think this forum sucks, leave. You always have the opportunity to make it better. It's your choice.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

The patient has normal blood pressure, if slightly elevated. The pulse at rest is in the range for a healthy adult. Cognitive functions seems normal. The patient seems oriented to place and time. We can observe that the patient is aware of the situation.

Negative on trauma care. Patient is ok. Self-care is sufficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Likes Mole liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I remember a mod back in the day telling me to create less threads, post less, do not bring back threads.
    What you were told was that we were looking for more comprehensive involvement in the threads you created, versus just creating threads willy-nilly all over the forum as you had been doing. Your pattern in your early time here had been to just create a ton of threads without following up on them, and it was working to choke the forum versus instigating actual dialogue. What we wanted was to see you constructively participate in the threads you were creating. (And yes... I checked.)

As far as necro'ing threads, we don't prefer it especially when someone starts addressing a member who hasn't been around for two years or people start being criticized for about something they posted a few years when their views might have changed and they can't even remember the gist of the conversation. Unless the thread was pretty awesomesauce to start with or is something like a "Type these TV personalities" thread, it makes more sense to start a more current one.

Seriously, create threads and then participate in them. Pick the ones you care about, and then try to dialogue about them. (This means selecting a smaller amount of topics, since you probably can't maintain discussion in 15 threads at once.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

There's mods and posters who wouldnt have it any other way.

Look at some of the responses to threads created as recently as this week, they amount to go away and dont start a discussion.
    Assuming your threads have quality, so what? Just because the majority of forum members disagree with you doesn't mean they are right, or that you should feel you have to leave. Ideological neutrality is essential to a healthy forum. I have been on forums where everybody had to agree on the same principles fundamentally (read: political), and it was actually quite boring.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Likes BlackDog, Mole liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Assuming your threads have quality, so what? Just because the majority of forum members disagree with you doesn't mean they are right, or that you should feel you have to leave. Ideological neutrality is essential to a healthy forum. I have been on forums where everybody had to agree on the same principles fundamentally (read: political), and it was actually quite boring.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

I agree. Unless you have a lot of users divided into two main distinct camps. Then you just have endless and unresolvable arguments. But when you have all kinds of different shades of opinion, then there is opportunity to learn. I think the self-taught element of typology really lends itself to this.
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post

Members are, of course, free to leave at any time. Divergent opinions respectfully expressed are welcome and even encouraged as they make the forum more interesting and provide opportunities to learn, especially when accompanied by supporting evidence and sound reasoning. Understand, though, while you have the right to post what you think, others have the right to express their disagreement, hopefully in the same spirit. If you are looking for an environment where everyone agrees with you and no one ever challenges what you say, you are unlikely to find it here.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...