User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The dog role in position 7 of the stack is supportive of the goat role in position 8 of the stack. Position 7 chases position 8, unconsciously. Once resolved, the person becomes whole.
    Is this a joke? Or a theory you've developed on your own? If the latter, I'd be interested in hearing more details.
    Formerly Lion4!5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Seems like this forum has lost a lot of vitality since last summer or so.

What's up?

Anyone else notice this?
    Yes I've noticed this, even since I arrived that the general energy and depth of discussions has gone down. The thing is, forums depend on turnout and quality of turnout. If new members don't come through and contribute, we stagnate as posters retire or at least post less frequently once the novelty of the forum wears off. For a number of reasons, I am a lot less active on here than I used to be.

To take your question literally, on average the forum membership isn't very psychologically healthy. But if we were, many of us wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have met at least three people I'm pleased to have met, and this is the closest to a home that I've found on the internet.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Yes I've noticed this, even since I arrived that the general energy and depth of discussions has gone down. The thing is, forums depend on turnout and quality of turnout. If new members don't come through and contribute, we stagnate as posters retire or at least post less frequently once the novelty of the forum wears off. For a number of reasons, I am a lot less active on here than I used to be.

To take your question literally, on average the forum membership isn't very psychologically healthy. But if we were, many of us wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have met at least three people I'm pleased to have met, and this is the closest to a home that I've found on the internet.
    Really? I don't quite understand the people who say it is like a home on the internet, unless you are talking about the sense that you'll run into the same posters time and again . . . I prefer a larger user base, but at the same time it is nice to see the same names repeatedly.

Is Facebook taking a toll on message boards like these? Or PerC?
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Seems like this forum has lost a lot of vitality since last summer or so.

What's up?

Anyone else notice this?
    I look at quantitative info on a regular basis. There was an email address leak in the summer and we did lose some regular posters when that happened. Since then,

- Traffic to the site has been on a steady increase since September as has number of new registrations
    - Member activity (number of members on in a given day) has remained relatively constant
    - Posting activity has been up and down

Generally, I think there is just more competition for people's time with Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and the like. This site has more of a community feel than those though, so it is catering to a different audience.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I look at quantitative info on a regular basis. There was an email address leak in the summer and we did lose some regular posters when that happened. Since then,

- Traffic to the site has been on a steady increase since September as has number of new registrations
    - Member activity (number of members on in a given day) has remained relatively constant
    - Posting activity has been up and down

Generally, I think there is just more competition for people's time with Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and the like. This site has more of a community feel than those though, so it is catering to a different audience.
    Okay, then a recovery is still possible. Good. I'll have to try and stick on here more often for the first part of my semester, it would be a shame if this forum lost steam.
    Formerly Lion4!5

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Humor does not come across clear unless it is presented well and forefront. Further, I generally take things seriously unless it's explicit that it's a joke. I'm not a mind reader, I can't divine your intent behind such deadpan statements.
    It was an easy mistake. After all, humor is supposed to be funny.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard, BlackDog liked this post

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post

There's mods and posters who wouldnt have it any other way.

I remember a mod back in the day telling me to create less threads, post less, do not bring back threads.

Look at some of the responses to threads created as recently as this week, they amount to go away and dont start a discussion.
    Likes Mole liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Really? I don't quite understand the people who say it is like a home on the internet, unless you are talking about the sense that you'll run into the same posters time and again . . . I prefer a larger user base, but at the same time it is nice to see the same names repeatedly.

I think it would depend, you cant really have a discussion on face book, it is more social media or social network than a discussion forum is. I think FB is more like twitter, tumblr, instagram than it is like forums.

I think there are some members who want a small, closed system, with a solid consensus of opinion around the things that matter to them.

There's a lot of other members who've drifted off who I think felt a little different but the other perspective won out and they're gone. Some of them invested as much as they could and went unnoticed to the vast bulk of forum regulars so they disappeared too, I can sort of understand that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's mods and posters who wouldnt have it any other way.

I remember a mod back in the day telling me to create less threads, post less, do not bring back threads.

Look at some of the responses to threads created as recently as this week, they amount to go away and dont start a discussion.
    You mean you won't be starting more threads asking if people judge others by the books in their house? Without thought-provoking threads like that, I fear highlander may have to throw in the towel.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You mean you won't be starting more threads asking if people judge others by the books in their house? Without thought-provoking threads like that, I fear highlander may have to throw in the towel.
    I'm glad you posted Jaguar because this is the sort of thing I was posting about, you serve to illustrate the point well and that was almost on que, its got that I can guess you or Nicodemus at least will have some snide, nasty, rude or otherwise trollish thing to say after anything I post but I dont flatter myself that its restricted to me by any stretch of the imagination.

No is that conducive to more people visiting and more people stay or is it not?

It is no doubt a surprise but public discussion forums are for public discussion, sometimes that includes topics you are not interested in.