First 34567 Last

Thread: Fighting Racism

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Wow, someone legitimately posted that people are violent due to their skin colour. I absolutely love your thought process.
    Race =/= skin colour. You are right, it makes no sense that somebody's skin colour could influence their behaviour. That does not mean that there are no racial differences in cognition. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

It seems far more likely that black people have innately lower IQ on average, than that there is a massive conspiracy to keep them out of positions of power. Last I looked, there were quotas in public service for minority groups, and businesses live in fear of criticism over not being "diverse enough". You will need to provide a lot of evidence to convince me that white men work as a collective to advance their own interests as a racial group. My impression is the exact opposite - no group is less race-conscious than white males.

That you hate what I've posted upsets me, but in the end it has no effect on whether I'm right or not. Not everybody is a slave to hive mentality on this subject. The rush to blame white racism for any disparities in society is contemptible as it abrogates minorities of any responsibility for their actions.

I absolutely love your thought process.
    FBI crime data is available for anyone to peruse. Even you.

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Race =/= skin colour. You are right, it makes no sense that somebody's skin colour could influence their behaviour. That does not mean that there are no racial differences in cognition. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

That you hate what I've posted upsets me, but in the end it has no effect on whether I'm right or not. Not everybody is a slave to hive mentality on this subject.
    It shouldn't upset you and I don't care if it does. I simply disagree and think it's ridiculous to make such an assumption about a whole 'race' that even comprises of very different cultures. The generalisation is outstanding that is all. Each to their own.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    FBI crime data is available for anyone to peruse. Even you.
    Does it specifically say that people are violent because their black? Please send me the exact document containing this statement.

Does it specifically say that people are violent because their black? Please send me the exact document containing this statement.
    Do your own research.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Do your own research.
    Sounds more like you need to do your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    It is perfectly rational not to want to live in a majority black neighbourhood, give that black men are far more likely than men of any other race to commit violent crimes. Women are less likely to be able to defend themselves so it's a heightened concern for them. Also, some black men do have a complex about white women. This is for two reasons: entertainment and media representing black men and white women together as an ideal couple and hardly ever showing black women, and an engendered racial resentment that has created a fetishisation of white women amongst black men. Impregnating a white woman is seen as a way of "having revenge" on white men.

I am not accusing you of lying, but statistically, the chances of your hypothetical black couple being assaulted in a majority white neighbourhood is hugely lower than the inverse. Therefore, it's hard for me to accept the premise of your post.
    Some people don't give a shit about crime statistics. Unfortunately.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Can you give me examples of which races and how they are not integrated into American society? I understand integration to be Racial integration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If that is the case, then I think we have already achieved this from a legal perspective.
    I guess I'm not making sense to you because I'm not talking about integration in that sense.

The idea is that interracial marriages should occur at a basically statistically random likelihood. If this isn't happening, then we have to presume that racial differences, either through living in different kinds of neighborhoods or through personal preference or through whatever other factors, are responsible.

If the results are not occurring, then it matters little what the letter of the law says.

Multiculturalism is a temporary solution, not a longterm solution. In the long run, if all these 'cultures' and 'races' have barriers of tribalism and geography and tradition removed, then logically we should go in reverse, and all the cultures and 'races' will merge in a given area.

I'm not so unreasonable as to think that this process will ever occur all the way or even close to it in reality; but people have to think it is happening, and traditional ideas of race and culture must be broken down at the deepest levels.
    Formerly Lion4!5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    I guess I'm not making sense to you because I'm not talking about integration in that sense.
    What you advocate is technically genocide (removing the genetic signature of a group of people).

Of course, I am the only one on here who will point this out.

The idea is that interracial marriages should occur at a basically statistically random likelihood. If this isn't happening, then we have to presume that racial differences, either through living in different kinds of neighborhoods or through personal preference or through whatever other factors, are responsible.

If the results are not occurring, then it matters little what the letter of the law says.
    If the excepted results are not occurring, then you should ask yourself whether your hypothesis was correct. Maybe it is time to adopt a different political stance? The reality is that in a situation where people from different ethnic groups must share living space they will generally self-segregate. This can be partially changed by creating a common culture and language (the "melting pot" concept) but as we have seen, a racial barrier will still remain.

The only way you could convince people to interbreed is through government indoctrination and coercion. The idea that the state knows better than me who I should fuck is not just unacceptable, it's moronic.

Multiculturalism is a temporary solution, not a longterm solution. In the long run, if all these 'cultures' and 'races' have barriers of tribalism and geography and tradition removed, then logically we should go in reverse, and all the cultures and 'races' will merge in a given area.

I'm not so unreasonable as to think that this process will ever occur all the way or even close to it in reality; but people have to think it is happening, and traditional ideas of race and culture must be broken down at the deepest levels.
    Your view is that if people will not naturally conform to your ideal, they must be made to do so. My suggestion would be to build a more organic society that takes cultural differences into account. The nation-state, however, is an ideologically abhorrent concept to almost everybody on the political left.

Before I leave I will ask you directly: what are you personally doing to bring us closer to utopia? Are you having children with a woman from another racial group? Do you live in a diverse (read: impoverished, dangerous) neighbourhood? Somehow I suspect the answer to both these questions is "no".

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    WOW. It's been a while since something has made my blood boil this much. This is flat out disgusting and shameful. You should feel sorry for yourself for feeling this way.

You would go so far as to justify a lie like this to push a moral agenda? This is one of the lowest lows there is. It's not just morally inconsistent, but morally contradictory, and out and out wrong. We do not need people like this at all pushing or helping causes. In fact, they need to be kicked to curb and told to shut up. Fact and data are essential. That is how progress is made, that is how respect is made, and that is how truth is found.
    I can see you're upset, but not sure why. It isn't something I 'feel' should happen; I think it is obvious that racial divisions are damaging for a country. In fact, this problem of having multiple 'races' living in a country has been felt deeply by a number of notable American thinkers; Jefferson advocated the end of slavery but felt that the black population would not be able to adjust to freedom alongside their former masters; Lincoln wanted the country to solve the race problem by sponsoring the emigration of all the freed slaves to Liberia.

That solution is not acceptable.

The next logical solution is the negation of race and culture in the short term by reeducating the population to value multiculturalism and diversity. That's where we are today. However, this is inherently unstable and continues to cause tension because people feel the contradiction; diversity is supposed to be good, but in actual practice most people don't really like it, or are neutral at best.

Hence you get a situation where on the one hand media like Fox News feed to one audience a narrative that other 'races' are out to get them, and where on the other all kinds of racial identity politicians say basically the same thing to their respective minority groups. This would not occur if there wasn't still a lot of uncertainty and fear in the population.

Our academics and elite universities continue to actively work to prop up this current state of affairs; this is shown by what kind of questions they choose to research and make prominent, and what kind of questions they suppress. For example, studies about 'unconscious racism' and positive word associations with the color white are simply grasping at straws, and largely absurd, but needed to prop up an attitude of diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This also goes against everything that academia and research stands for. I'd never thought I'd see the day where I see someone openly, and willingly admit to something as horrible as this. For the sake of everyone, stay the hell out of political and moral causes. People like you are not wanted there, and do more damage than even the people they're trying to fight against.
    Academia and research only exist to help their societies. If they can't do that, they have no reason for being. I don't usually express my views on issues like this so baldly, but I really don't see what the reasoning is behind all the adjectives like 'horrible'. I want to help my society in the long run.

I don't advocate any kind of active 'suppression of academic freedom'; that's already taken care of by what is paid attention to and what is ignored. By what is funded and what is not. Rightly so.

But if you can't see that society's needs are paramount on a question like this, then I don't understand you at all.
    Formerly Lion4!5