User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Fighting Racism

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    It is perfectly rational not to want to live in a majority black neighbourhood, give that black men are far more likely than men of any other race to commit violent crimes. Women are less likely to be able to defend themselves so it's a heightened concern for them. Also, some black men do have a complex about white women. This is for two reasons: entertainment and media representing black men and white women together as an ideal couple and hardly ever showing black women, and an engendered racial resentment that has created a fetishisation of white women amongst black men. Impregnating a white woman is seen as a way of "having revenge" on white men.
    I rest my case

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I am not accusing you of lying, but statistically, the chances of your hypothetical black couple being assaulted in a majority white neighbourhood is hugely lower than the inverse. Therefore, it's hard for me to accept the premise of your post.
    I didn't say I held to those beliefs, that they did. You're welcome to tell my nice violent, black tenant prospects that they're safe in whitty's neighborhood though.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    By playing a bunch of Barry Manilow?
    My co-worker postulated that a gaseous mixture of polka and country music might do the trick
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I believe in the right to discriminate. Like many libertarians, I don't think it violates the non-aggression principle.

I know a pretty smart libertarian on FB, who happens to be black. A while ago he wrote an article (in Portuguese) about a real case scenario in which a white person refused to enter an elevator because a black person was inside it.

The white person was sued and had to pay for the 'moral damages' he caused.

Some people seem to believe that kind of solution helps 'empowering' black people. Personally, I think it just perpetuates a victim mentality. The Black libertarian happened to think the same way.

I might write a post that's gonna make me lose a couple of liberal friends later.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, The Wailing Specter liked this post

The racism is still here, even a positive racism counts. I think the only way how to stop this, is to fight againt labeling people based on their skin color and see humans just as beings, people whose skin color says nothing about who they really are. That's how I see it, I think someone's color, or sexual orientation are no reperestants of who the person is, or who the person should be. After all, there are no racial problems, there are only people problems.

Nevermind racism, typism is far more prevalent especially on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Nevermind racism, typism is far more prevalent.
    That...may go far deeper than anyone would suspect in the real-life social world.

Except they don't know they're really discriminating by type because they aren't aware of type.

Except you missed the point, discrimination takes many forms and you don't have to look very far to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I believe in the right to discriminate. Like many libertarians, I don't think it violates the non-aggression principle.

I know a pretty smart libertarian on FB, who happens to be black. A while ago he wrote an article (in Portuguese) about a real case scenario in which a white person refused to enter an elevator because a black person was inside it.

Some people seem to believe that kind of solution helps 'empowering' black people. Personally, I think it just perpetuates a victim mentality. The Black libertarian happened to think the same way.

I might write a post that's gonna make me lose a couple of liberal friends later.
    What actions would you have recommended to be taken against the man who refused to enter the lift?

Just let it go; Let it all go? Will letting it go and letting it all go away make it all go away?

Think of it as a norm. If discrimination is the norm; people would readily discriminate based on negative stereotypes. If letting it all go was the answer what would prevent 'letting it go' turning into something worse and then that something becoming the norm.

And I am waiting for see your future post. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    [...] a real case scenario in which a white person refused to enter an elevator because a black person was inside it.

I'd give it some thought, then countersue.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Wow, someone legitimately posted that people are violent due to their skin colour. I absolutely love your thought process.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post