User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 88

Thread: Fighting Racism

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    one of the dirtiest secrets in psychology is that racial gaps in intelligence exist. Unsurprisingly, there's a trend of groups with the highest average IQ being the most well off - and as a result they have a more stable family structure and are less likely to fall into violence.

    Short version: They are violent both because they are poor and because they are black.
    Meh. IQ is a narrow test highly dependant on environment. Its what a bunch of white guys all agreed defined intelligence and yet we can hardly surmise they were the definitive source on that. If for no other reason than their rationale was limited by their own intelligence.

    Lets say I drop you off in the middle of an African game park along with an african game keeper who is black. Neither of you have weapons, we'll see who gets eaten by Lions first. Would that be a fair test of your intelligence? Its easy to score well when you've been schooled in all aspects of the test your entire life.

    Given that the origin of all people genetically comes down to a very small gene pool in Africa I don't know how you come to the conclusion that some races are more intelligent than others.

    -isms are rife in human society of which racism is just one. The basic nature of people is towards prejudice, or rather perhaps the basic choice is towards doing little about their prejudices. Whilst we cling to any idea of superiority whether they be based on appearance, cultural origin, gender, wealth etc, there will continue to be unrest in the world. Giving up the -isms can't be mandated by government, it has to be a personal choice made by individuals.
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

  2. #22
    Pubic Enemy #1 Crabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    'Facts' are always subject to future change in their interpretation, but humans must act on them as if they are absolutes.
    i think studies should be interpreted for exactly what they detail, such as the specific parameters and variables involved. i rarely take any study as absolute, universal truth, precisely because some administrators manipulate the questions and responses to suit their agenda, which is what you said that you condone. science is supposed to be objective. studies should be scrutinized and replicated by impartial parties to eliminate bias and discover the truth. i don't think facts or findings should be misrepresented to satisfy anyone's sensibilities, whether politically correct or not. solutions to problems can only be revealed by acknowledging the truth, not denying it, whatever that truth may be.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    In modern society today we have a vital need to unify our people. As long as race is viewed as important this cannot happen. If race has any empirical validity, it will be viewed as important. So the obvious conclusion is that for the preservation of our society our view must be that racial differences do not and cannot exist. Due to what people have been taught and trends in immigration, this is a hard line to convince most people of.
    i don't agree the solution is to pretend that differences don't exist. that is delusional. the goal should be to appreciate and respect people despite their differences.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Therefore a huge number of interracial relationships is one of the best longterm solutions to race problems; simply extinguish the apparent differences that way. But this unifying process will be impeded by idiotic academic studies trying to stoke racial conflict. Any academic who produces such a study has betrayed his society. Such a person is either ignorant or malicious.

    Loyalty to the greater good of society is displayed not only in the answers we give to questions, but in which questions we choose to ask. There are many fruitful topics for investigation. Racial differences are not one of them.
    sadly, i don't think hate will ever be removed from human nature. even if all the races interbred and created a giant racial melting pot, tribes would still form based upon other factors to create some hierarchy or power imbalance. we see this happening even in smaller groups comprised of the same ethnicity. there are many problems in society, but I don't think skewing facts and deliberately spreading misinformation will solve any of them.

  3. #23
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I have to question why MQ linked me to this thread in the first place unless he wants a shitstorm. My views on this subject aren't exactly a secret.
    You are on his "friends" list; sometimes all friends are tagged automatically. On the other hand,

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I don't expect to make any friends by posting this, but anyway...
    perhaps MQ simply has enough courage or confidence to want to hear from more than just his friends. Do not confuse legitimate questioning and criticism of your views with an unwillingness to have them expressed and entertained.
    Last edited by Coriolis; 01-23-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Hard, The Wailing Specter, Ivy liked this post

  4. #24
    is indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I don't expect to make any friends by posting this, but anyway...



    I believe that the rate of crime is only partly due to socioeconomic factors. If you were right MQ, then people from different racial groups who have equivalent incomes would commit crimes at a very similar rate, and this is not the case. Minority groups are also not always underrepresented in the higher echelons of society - Jews and East Asians are actually overrepresented (think banking, media and technology). Therefore, racial discrimination clearly can't be the main reason for disparities. Average intelligence, however, has a good correlation with average income, and one of the dirtiest secrets in psychology is that racial gaps in intelligence exist. Unsurprisingly, there's a trend of groups with the highest average IQ being the most well off - and as a result they have a more stable family structure and are less likely to fall into violence.

    Short version: They are violent both because they are poor and because they are black.
    You are why I find no peace in pacificism
    Likes chickpea liked this post

  5. #25
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The solution is to disregard race and gender in all decision making and judge a person by the content of their character and ability.
    Fixed and agreed wholeheartedly.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #26
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    You should realize that even if you were right, the best course for any wise and moral person would be to suppress the facts, including academics. According to the big picture, although I would have to penalize them if I caught them as a Dean or whatever, I would from a moral perspective applaud any Ph.D. who faked study data if it indicated racial difference.
    At least you admit that you're prepared to protect a delusional worldview at all costs. Nobody else on here has had the courage.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    But you're forgetting cultural factors created by historical contingency that might affect the black community in America and not the Jewish or East Asian communities.
    And the cultural factors that may have affected them in other countries? They seem conspicuously absent. Look, I am just saying that innate differences between the races also help explain disparities. It isn't one or the other. People in your camp (who are, by the way, mostly social scientists) won't even acknowledge that, and misrepresent my position to suit your agenda.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    True. But historical contingency. Your conclusion doesn't follow.
    You like many before and after are trying to paint a simplistic, ideologically-motivated picture of Africans being uniquely disenfranchised because of racism. Pretty much every ethnic group has been enslaved at some point in history. My ancestors were enslaved by the Romans for centuries; am i looking for reparations from Italy? That doesn't excuse slavery, but it corrodes your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Effects of Heredity and Environment on Intelligence | Education.com

    This is a decent summary of how environment can affect intelligence. Further, I've heard the existing twin studies criticized; it could be the case that if children receive above a certain 'floor value' of environmental positives, their IQs track around .72; however, these studies rarely involve twins where one is adopted below the 'floor value' threshold and the other well above; thus, we don't know how much minority community IQ is affected negatively by environment.
    I have never suggested that one's environment cannot affect IQ. You will actually not find many hereditarians who believe it does not. Now, do you believe that IQ can be inherited? If yes, then you cannot suppose that there will not be racial variation. It makes little sense to assume a priori that populations which have been separated for thousands of years would have equal cognitive faculties, but that's what you're telling us we should do.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    We should therefore provisionally conclude that there is no difference between racial groups because this conclusion is possible, and it is the only acceptable conclusion. Even if, which I don't admit, studies found that no such 'floor value' of environmental stimulation exists, the best thing would be to ignore them and move on with the conclusion society needs. Racial integration is needed by society, and every good citizen should support it.
    This would be funny, if you weren't actually being serious (as further posts suggest).

  7. #27
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    You should realize that even if you were right, the best course for any wise and moral person would be to suppress the facts, including academics. According to the big picture, although I would have to penalize them if I caught them as a Dean or whatever, I would from a moral perspective applaud any Ph.D. who faked study data if it indicated racial difference.
    WOW. It's been a while since something has made my blood boil this much. This is flat out disgusting and shameful. You should feel sorry for yourself for feeling this way.

    You would go so far as to justify a lie like this to push a moral agenda? This is one of the lowest lows there is. It's not just morally inconsistent, but morally contradictory, and out and out wrong. We do not need people like this at all pushing or helping causes. In fact, they need to be kicked to curb and told to shut up. Fact and data are essential. That is how progress is made, that is how respect is made, and that is how truth is found.

    This also goes against everything that academia and research stands for. I'd never thought I'd see the day where I see someone openly, and willingly admit to something as horrible as this. For the sake of everyone, stay the hell out of political and moral causes. People like you are not wanted there, and do more damage than even the people they're trying to fight against.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #28
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    I would be the first to admit that the left sometimes goes overboard in its proposals of solutions to race problems. But the general intention is to foster integration as quickly as possible using any means possible.
    Can you give me examples of which races and how they are not integrated into American society? I understand integration to be Racial integration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia If that is the case, then I think we have already achieved this from a legal perspective.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #29
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chthonic View Post
    -isms are rife in human society of which racism is just one. The basic nature of people is towards prejudice, or rather perhaps the basic choice is towards doing little about their prejudices. Whilst we cling to any idea of superiority whether they be based on appearance, cultural origin, gender, wealth etc, there will continue to be unrest in the world. Giving up the -isms can't be mandated by government, it has to be a personal choice made by individuals.
    Tribalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "Giving up the -isms can't be mandated by government." As long as there is equality of opportunity I'm all for this sentiment.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #30
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    I agree with @Magic Qwan and others who say it has more to do with income, the issue is the media and police focus more on poor inner city blacks but think about rednecks think about their sterotypes: poor white people with guns that will shoot at you and beat their wife and children very similar to poor inner city blacks except instead of gangs it's the kkk. and instead of crack they all smoke meth. So the media does focus more on inner city blacks. But I have to say I've met good people of every race and met shitty people of every race.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. How many 5 year old could you take in a fight?
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 09:43 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Flowchart Fight
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM
  3. J vs. P... fight!
    By Grayscale in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 06:19 PM
  4. Prejudice, bigotry, racism, and sexism...
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
  5. What Are You Fighting For - Song
    By cosmicdancer in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO