User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    dja is lsdcat?
    possibly he did make a video getting mad at all the "fake" infjs.

the vibe feels the same
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    possibly he did make a video getting mad at all the "fake" infjs.

the vibe feels the same
    There is a bad culture of INFJs ganging up on somebody just because they think their numbers are disproportionate. To me, that seems like an excuse, and what's really being expressed is a fear of somebody else "stealing" your identity.

What confuses me, though, are the people who type as EII in Socionics yet label themselves INFJs. I get that Fi vs Fe, and Si vs Ni, can be hard to assess at first. But you can't deny that INFJ as a type has high status amongst women. For men, somehow I imagine not so much...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
    I've had a much better experience than yours with Ni people on diverse forums.

However, admittedly, I don't visit INTJforum very often because I don't like the environment.
    The INTJ forum feels at least equally ISTJ, which is deliberate, accurate, pragmatic, focused, etc. So many INTJ discussions online are describing ISTJs and they focus entirely on Te being pragmatic. Perhaps most people who type as INTJ fall between INTJ and ISTJ online?

I may be biased towards more extreme intuitive thinking, but I would think that a hardcore INTJ forum could feel a lot like an episode of Ancient Aliens. I'm pretty sure most every author interviewed on that series is INTJ with the occasional ENTP complete with shiny smile and poofed hair. Really hardcore Ni-Te is a fun head trip because it's home is in exploring speculation about the nature of reality, the biggest picture possible, and then connecting those ideas to external, concrete data. Most any of the authors on Ancient Aliens can tell you long lists of facts about ancient structures on the earth and a million patterns connecting them and they explore any possible speculation about why. Ni-Te will tend to question what others take for granted. It's advantage is in being able to explore new ideas, but it's pitfall is in becoming a bit too whack-a-do.

I find that INTPs have more solid internal logic machine that they connect to external systems. A perfect example is John Nash who developed game theory. The internal machine is pure logic, and the external details are more of an abstract system.

ISTJs are typically too careful in their thinking to go out on a limb like the Ancient Alien crowd, but they are reliable, accurate, excellent as engineers and Vulcans.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I may be biased towards more extreme intuitive thinking, but I would think that a hardcore INTJ forum could feel a lot like an episode of Ancient Aliens. I'm pretty sure most every author interviewed on that series is INTJ with the occasional ENTP complete with shiny smile and poofed hair. Really hardcore Ni-Te is a fun head trip because it's home is in exploring speculation about the nature of reality, the biggest picture possible, and then connecting those ideas to external, concrete data. Most any of the authors on Ancient Aliens can tell you long lists of facts about ancient structures on the earth and a million patterns connecting them and they explore any possible speculation about why. Ni-Te will tend to question what others take for granted. It's advantage is in being able to explore new ideas, but it's pitfall is in becoming a bit too whack-a-do.
    Well, now I'm just depressed.

This guy, though. There's no way he can be an INTJ, right?

.....RIGHT?
    Likes PeaceBaby, Mace liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Well, now I'm just depressed.

This guy, though. There's no way he can be an INTJ, right?

.....RIGHT?
    My dearest BadOctopus, refer to the following phrase from my post.
    ...with the occasional ENTP complete with shiny smile and poofed hair.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes PeaceBaby, BadOctopus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

Being pissed with someone for talking about themselves is tantamount to roughly saying, "I wish I had the luxury to do the same, but I don't see myself as special enough, and I just wish they would stfu so I don't have to contemplate my own inner insecurities on the matter."

But being a process, you have to get there, and it takes time, and you are bound to make some errors along the way whilst learning. That's just normal.
    So anyone who deigns to use the word 'I' in a post is [suspected of] shamelessly telegrahing their rampant narcissism and considering themselves above all they are talking to? What if someone simply has no other frame of reference except their own experience? Wow, sad to read this even though it makes sense I suppose. Can't win really, limit interactions so as not to appear selfish and appear rude instead.

So the optiumum is to interact enough to quell buttons of insecurities in others but only ever focus on the other person and how they feel?
    Likes Kullervo, Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Communication 101:

A) If you only talk about yourself and don't reflect the concerns of others, you're going to be seen as whiny, selfish, complaining, narcissistic, and perhaps snowflakey.

Conversely:

B) If you only talk about the concerns of others and don't disclose much about yourself, you're going to be seen as withholding, aloof, controlling, secretive, and untrustworthy. You may also be seen as self-effacing and low in self-esteem.

To be considered a good communicator, you generally need to talk about yourself and also reflect the concerns of other in equal amounts. For example:

A) If you need to work on reflecting the concerns of others, then work on mirroring skills. See the following links.

"Hope you are well"

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post2336202

B) If you need to work on talking about yourself and letting others into your life, then work on self-disclosure skills. See the following links.

How to talk more?

Confidence for Women (in dating & beyond)

Sum-up:

Try to hit that 50/50 mark between mirroring and self-disclosure, and you'll be considered a good communicator.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    My dearest BadOctopus, refer to the following phrase from my post.
    If you read his tweets, this is even more evident.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    There is a bad culture of INFJs ganging up on somebody just because they think their numbers are disproportionate. To me, that seems like an excuse, and what's really being expressed is a fear of somebody else "stealing" your identity.

What confuses me, though, are the people who type as EII in Socionics yet label themselves INFJs. I get that Fi vs Fe, and Si vs Ni, can be hard to assess at first. But you can't deny that INFJ as a type has high status amongst women. For men, somehow I imagine not so much...
    The numbers are going to seem disproportionate for all of the types on an internet forum. INxx types will appear to be legion, ESxx type, and ISxx (to a lesser degree), will be in the minority.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    As far as the sentiment of the OP, where INFx types get unfairly branded with the "special snowflake" moniker I do agree with that, but I see it happening for reasons that have to do more with the person who's making the statement as opposed to the person to whom the moniker is directed towards. Anyone who's working on self-growth and shares that honest self-expression out loud is bound to trigger insecurities in other people. Emotions have more to do with the person experiencing them, and little to do with the person one is feeling them towards. Being pissed with someone for talking about themselves is tantamount to roughly saying, "I wish I had the luxury to do the same, but I don't see myself as special enough, and I just wish they would stfu so I don't have to contemplate my own inner insecurities on the matter."
    How universal do you believe this sentiment to be? I for one do not share it. There are many reasons why I might be annoyed with someone carrying on about him/herself, and this has never been one.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...