User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You do know 99.99999999 percent of the world population suffers from this right.

(that was a funny joke)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf
    Likes labyrinthine, Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Djarendee aka azure flame
    Whoah! Now that's just spooky. You might have gotten it on the first try!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You do know 99.99999999 percent of the world population suffers from this right.

(that was a funny joke)
    And that one guy who doesn't is the only true special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    ? <-
    I'm just being goofy. Usually that level of anger you expressed is more closely followed by a local flame war or something, rather than the 16th post from someone new. Sometimes online posters will come back as another name after a fight or ban.

I've also once gotten angry at an entire type after being hurt, but it is not a good idea because only the specific people that hurt you are guilty and not everyone else you meet that shares the label. Many of the INFJs here are people I've known for a while and they are some of the kindest and best I know, so I get frustrated when someone comes along bashing all of them. I hung out on the INFJ forum for a while and only had one person be significantly mean, controlling, and mildly insane towards me. INTJs are brash communicators in debates on their forum, but I still like them well enough. You just have to calibrate to words meaning something different than they do to more sensitive types. An occasional INFP has said rather unkind, judgmental generalizations online here, but once again, it is typically because of personal hurt. Just know that if you start off with hating all the Ni-doms online and thinking the worst that you are guaranteed to miss out on knowing some really awesome people.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes TopCatLSD liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    It is funny as I was thinking about this yesterday.

I doubt that many people will argue with me over Enneagram 4s and NFs being the most vulnerable to "special snowflake syndrome". It is hard for me to avoid falling into its pitfalls when I'm especially depressed.

However, something that hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet is that "special snowflake syndrome" is one of the things that characterises the Millennial generation. At least in the middle and upper classes, we have an unshakeable belief that we are special. The stereotypical Millennial is definitely an ISFP 4w3. There is a certain sense of hope and expectation, and an idealism, that has been engendered by growing up in cushioned households. And of course, it is easily crushed when you leave home, go out into the world and experience the reality of having a job that doesn't pay well and isn't emotionally fulfilling. Social media amplifies the problem, because people are always aware of how their friends are doing and it's easy to get despondent and feel like you're falling behind.
    It doesn't help that people tend to amplify and exaggerate their success via social media, thus rubbing salt in the wounds of their supposedly less successful peers.

Similarly, people will amplify their petty day-to-day problems on social media networks--"first world problems"

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

It's funny this thread brings up INFJs a lot, because I've seen this in all types online. Just join the facebook ISTP group. What a bunch of narcissists--I've seen some of them bitch and lament "fake" or "self-absorbed" people, then post their "type me" selfies in the next thread, or talk about how misunderstood they feel in a world of overemotional feelers--"fuck Fe," for example. Not only does this sentiment illustrate a complete lack of understanding of the functions, it points to a reverse special snowflake club of people priding themselves on their supposed T function.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    It's funny this thread brings up INFJs a lot, because I've seen this in all types online. Just join the facebook ISTP group. What a bunch of narcissists--I've seen some of them bitch and lament "fake" or "self-absorbed" people, then post their "type me" selfies in the next thread, or talk about how misunderstood they feel in a world of overemotional feelers--"fuck Fe," for example. Not only does this sentiment illustrate a complete lack of understanding of the functions, it points to a reverse special snowflake club of people priding themselves on their supposed T function.
    I appreciate this very thoughtful post. One more thing I want to say in defense of both INFJs and INFPs and Enneagram 4s is that their "special snowflake" thinking is less likely to be in comparison to others. There isn't enough social investment to see personal uniqueness as being equivalent to superiority. It is entirely possible to value uniqueness, but to see it as completely separate from relative social worth. It's possible to desire uniqueness for everyone (if they want it) and to see that very quality as being at odds with interpersonal comparisons. What I am describing is the more true mindset of the INF. Of course some people in all types are narcissists, but the extreme self-centeredness of narcissism is based on disregard of others and not the ability to see uniqueness in self or others.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes asynartetic, Z Buck McFate liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Djarendee aka azure flame
    dja is lsdcat?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

INFJ's are good people in real life, but "INFJ's" are not.

In all the typology forums supposed Ni-doms treat people like shit, and act like no one can touch them. Whats interesting is that most of them are self typed and haven't bothered taking the official MBTI.

"INTJ's" are arrogant pricks that think that they're the gods of the internet.

"INFJ's" are closet narcissists who think they're super special and we should all give a shit.

If you claim to be an INxJ either get professionally typed, or get the fuck out!
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have now pushed anyone sitting on the fence about ISFP 4's to the "what fucking douchebags" side. Good job.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you have now pushed anyone sitting on the fence about ISFP 4's to the "what fucking douchebags" side. Good job.
    Meh, I'm not too upset. As the author of the post later clarified, he has had bad experiences with these types in the past, which have colored his opinion of us. Annoying, but it happens. To put all ISFPs in the same group because of the uninformed comment of one of them would be just as illogical.

Then again, it is easy for me to forgive, as a benevolent god of the Internet.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...Theres just something icky about the online INxJ's that I haven't experienced with RL ones.
    Like I said, maybe my experience with them is just fucked.
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
    I've had a much better experience than yours with Ni people on diverse forums.

However, admittedly, I don't visit INTJforum very often because I don't like the environment.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes TopCatLSD liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    There isn't enough social investment to see personal uniqueness as being equivalent to superiority. It is entirely possible to value uniqueness, but to see it as completely separate from relative social worth.
    Yes, I agree. In a world where one sees everyone else as exquisitely unique, it is surprising to realize that not everyone sees themselves as that special, and that some even feel a real need to deride that vision in others.

Personally, I have never met anyone who has seemed exactly the same as anyone else I have ever known. To me, everyone is a special snowflake. [To further that analogy, we are all composed of the same matter (ice crystals) but the expression of that is unique in every way (no two snowflakes are alike)].

As far as the sentiment of the OP, where INFx types get unfairly branded with the "special snowflake" moniker I do agree with that, but I see it happening for reasons that have to do more with the person who's making the statement as opposed to the person to whom the moniker is directed towards. Anyone who's working on self-growth and shares that honest self-expression out loud is bound to trigger insecurities in other people. Emotions have more to do with the person experiencing them, and little to do with the person one is feeling them towards. Being pissed with someone for talking about themselves is tantamount to roughly saying, "I wish I had the luxury to do the same, but I don't see myself as special enough, and I just wish they would stfu so I don't have to contemplate my own inner insecurities on the matter."

Part of the problem is compounded at times when people talk about their inner work and taking pride in the expression of that, which is incorrect. I know I can be prone to sounding "holier than thou" mostly because I don't see anyone else "tooting the horn" for me so I can sometimes try to give it a little toot myself. I work hard at knowing myself so I can try to interact with others in the best possible manner I can, and being human, I can sometimes wish to be appreciated for it. But talking about it has the effect mostly of people thinking you see yourself as better (which is alienating) when in reality it is more about seeing oneself as equal, rather than typically lesser. Most Ji dom people I know have real trouble feeling esteemed by the world, since the world doesn't value our processes as much. So, if I don't value myself, there's not much out there that will.

eta: and it's a process to get to a point where you don't have to talk about it, you just know it and you are confident in that. But being a process, you have to get there, and it takes time, and you are bound to make some errors along the way whilst learning. That's just normal.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post