User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 42

  1. #11
    Anamolic Amalgamation Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,297

    Default

    Difficult to put out. I mean special snowflakism is all I see as someone just really keeps talking about the label, or a created self-image (maybe enneatype 3 relation?) for example:

    "I am an INFJ. <insert indirect way of saying you're psychic>
    Is this an INFJ thing? I don't know this or that is but I probably know definitely this is INFJ.
    <insert indirect saying that you are needed and everybody else is stupid>"

    I think that is heavy snow-flake syndrome right there. Proclaiming the rarest type isn't the only example of it however haha.

    If you claim to be an INXJ, keep reading and accept the possibility you may be any of the other 14 types while understanding individual functions (especially Ni since that is a dominant feature to know about INXJ, understand the inferior function (as inferior intuition may be a cause and think about the qualities of who may be your ideal person, I believe inferior aspirations may be wanted in that ideal person), ask others how you respond to the outer world, take the socionics test and see what comes up, see how function pairs work, and understand what constitutes a judging dominant personality vs a perceiving dominant personality (as well the introversion to extroversion scales).

    I wouldn't think you need (as in a must) to get a professional to type you if you thirst for the truth badly.
    Likes Cygnus, TopCatLSD, BlackDog liked this post

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    INFJ's are good people in real life, but "INFJ's" are not.
    You do realise that this is a pretty gross generalisation to make, right? Hitler, Trotsky and Khomeini are examples of famous INFJs who I wouldn't exactly consider morally upstanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    In all the typology forums supposed Ni-doms treat people like shit, and act like no one can touch them. Whats interesting is that most of them are self typed and haven't bothered taking the official MBTI.

    "INTJ's" are arrogant pricks that think that they're the gods of the internet.

    "INFJ's" are closet narcissists who think they're super special and we should all give a shit.
    Not all INxJs online behave in this way.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    If you claim to be an INxJ either get professionally typed, or get the fuck out!
    OK I'm going to call your bluff here: what if an INxJ already has been professionally typed, yet behaves in an arrogant, narcissistic way? Would you then accuse them of lying about being professionally typed?
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

  3. #13
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    INFJ's are good people in real life, but "INFJ's" are not.

    In all the typology forums supposed Ni-doms treat people like shit, and act like no one can touch them. Whats interesting is that most of them are self typed and haven't bothered taking the official MBTI.

    "INTJ's" are arrogant pricks that think that they're the gods of the internet.

    "INFJ's" are closet narcissists who think they're super special and we should all give a shit.

    If you claim to be an INxJ either get professionally typed, or get the fuck out!
    New game… Guess who is the n00b sock puppet.

    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    It is funny as I was thinking about this yesterday.

    I doubt that many people will argue with me over Enneagram 4s and NFs being the most vulnerable to "special snowflake syndrome". It is hard for me to avoid falling into its pitfalls when I'm especially depressed.

    However, something that hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet is that "special snowflake syndrome" is one of the things that characterises the Millennial generation. At least in the middle and upper classes, we have an unshakeable belief that we are special. The stereotypical Millennial is definitely an ISFP 4w3. There is a certain sense of hope and expectation, and an idealism, that has been engendered by growing up in cushioned households. And of course, it is easily crushed when you leave home, go out into the world and experience the reality of having a job that doesn't pay well and isn't emotionally fulfilling. Social media amplifies the problem, because people are always aware of how their friends are doing and it's easy to get despondent and feel like you're falling behind.
    Likes Ghost liked this post

  5. #15
    Suave y Fuerte BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    That is obviously just a delusional sock that has typed itself as a puppet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    However, something that hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet is that "special snowflake syndrome" is one of the things that characterises the Millennial generation. At least in the middle and upper classes, we have an unshakeable belief that we are special. The stereotypical Millennial is definitely an ISFP 4w3. There is a certain sense of hope and expectation, and an idealism, that has been engendered by growing up in cushioned households. And of course, it is easily crushed when you leave home, go out into the world and experience the reality of having a job that doesn't pay well and isn't emotionally fulfilling. Social media amplifies the problem, because people are always aware of how their friends are doing and it's easy to get despondent and feel like you're falling behind.
    YES. I was going to mention this. We live in such a pampered society, where people think that their mere existence entitles them to special treatment, regardless of whether they've actually earned it. I mean, kids are brought up thinking they deserve to have cellphones at the age of nine, and without learning basic things like penmanship and how to do laundry. We're facing a future generation of spoiled incompetents.

    And that's definitely not an INFx thing, because I've seen that attitude in people of all types.

  6. #16
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    It's very possible this thread could eventually dissolve into a bitter fight of INFP vs. INFJ. For the sake of not bringing up that twice overbaked rotting dead horse, please keep it civil (or at least try).
    To address the OP, can I say that there is no actual reason such a discussion should zero in on either INFP or INFJ. Neither type is more prone to narcissism than any type. I do think that INFPs and INFJs are both sensitive and distant personalities, so it confuses people and can encourage negative judgments. Also, to accuse either of these types of being bad, selfish, evil, narcissistic, etc. is an obvious manipulation button. People do it and get INFPs and INFJs fighting each other because they KNOW it will push a button and upset them. Many other types don't care as much about these accusations because those attributes are not important either way. Sometimes extroverts consider being a diva as a compliment. They love the action and attention, while introverts are less likely to feel comfortable with such a description because they don't value anything associated with it. Likewise, most Thinkers are going to have a more apathetic response to being accused of a moral failing because intelligence, reason, distance, etc. are prioritized, so it is just a joke and not an attack on self-concept. I suspect that all of the I-F- types would be uncomfortable with both the "evil" and "narcissistic", "attention whore", etc. types of accusations because it leads to a direct misunderstanding of their self-concept.

    I have known some individuals in real life that lean heavily in the direction of actual narcissism, and their types were tested as ISTP, INTP, INFP, ESFJ, and ESTP. My life experience doesn't represent much statistically, but having seen what deep self-centeredness looks like in a variety of types, I don't think I can make the correlation to specifically INFs - either INFP or INFJ.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    You do realise that this is a pretty gross generalisation to make, right? Hitler, Trotsky and Khomeini are examples of famous INFJs who I wouldn't exactly consider morally upstanding.
    I was making generalizations, I personally haven't met any horrible INFJ's.

    Not all INxJs online behave in this way.
    Maybe its just me, but my experience with INxJ's online hasn't been great. Every single one I've met has been self-righteous and pig nosed, and talks down to everyone. Again, maybe it's just me.

    OK I'm going to call your bluff here: what if an INxJ already has been professionally typed, yet behaves in an arrogant, narcissistic way? Would you then accuse them of lying about being professionally typed?
    Arrogant people are arrogant people. Theres just something icky about the online INxJ's that I haven't experienced with RL ones.


    Like I said, maybe my experience with them is just fucked.
    ~ F*ck this place that we call home! ~

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    New game… Guess who is the n00b sock puppet.

    ? <-
    ~ F*ck this place that we call home! ~

  9. #19
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    I was making generalizations, I personally haven't met any horrible INFJ's.



    Maybe its just me, but my experience with INxJ's online hasn't been great. Every single one I've met has been self-righteous and pig nosed, and talks down to everyone. Again, maybe it's just me.
    The internet brings out the worst in people, and that's an unfortunate reality you have to brace yourself for. I also feel like members stereotype based on MBTI a lot on here, often without even thinking about it. For example, there are threads which can be reduced to "how INFJs react to texts", which would be better framed as "how teenage girls react to texts"

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    Arrogant people are arrogant people. Theres just something icky about the online INxJ's that I haven't experienced with RL ones.
    People behave differently when there are no immediate consequence for their actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCatLSD View Post
    Like I said, maybe my experience with them is just fucked.
    It is and it isn't. You have clearly had some bad luck, but are also experiencing the drawbacks of communicating online.
    Likes TopCatLSD liked this post

  10. #20
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    New game… Guess who is the n00b sock puppet.

    Djarendee aka azure flame
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM
  2. someone to type and fix relations with
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
  3. Is it easier to type your own?
    By Mort Belfry in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
  4. Forward thinking - and how it relates to type?
    By TenebrousReflection in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO