User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you deserve?

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    6w7 sx/sp
    IEI Ni

freedom from attitudes of entitlement
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

5w6 sp/sx

whatever I earned

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

I don't know.

For some reason the word "deserves" make me recoil. It feels so harsh whether used positively or negatively. If I deserve something for some reason, then that means someone else is undeserving. Maybe I/we deserve something, maybe we have entitlements, but I find it is irrelevant and just makes me feel agitated if reality doesn't align with expectations. I guess I try to find the reward in the moment of doing. That way I guess one can get what they deserve without expectations in a way?
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

yeah i hate the idea of saying i deserve something, but thinking of it, i think there are some things that i (and all others) deserve.

it boils down to control over your own life i think. i deserve to be the one making decisions for me. once that's established, i'm subject to the shitstorm that is this life.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes labyrinthine, Redbone liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar

As an ENTJ, I have gone too many times into this idea of a binary answer to questions like this. The only way to really answer this question is in a non-linear way. I've tried thousands upon thousands of times to answer questions that involve matters of the heart and it is not possible, for me, or anyone for that matter.

So here is a lovely song for you that basically encapsulates the spirit of any possible response what so ever...

plus, both of these individuals are exceptionally hot.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

4w5 sp/sx

I have this little conversation that happens in my head often. When I'm disappointed, especially about not getting something that I think will make me happy, I think, "I deserve it!". It's a sub-verbal almost subconscious thought, and enneagram has my number, it's because I think I suffered for it. My response to myself is, "Qlip, pray you don't get everything you deserve."

Then I get all philosophical and wonder what it is that I deserve, that all people deserve. I think we all deserve respect as a living thing, which involves things like the right to food/shelter, etc and a chance to seek fulfillment.

Tempbanned Array

standard knowledge....all others got it/received it.....
    Likes Starry liked this post

Tempbanned Array
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    This is an open ended question, interpret it any way you like. What do you feel you deserve?
    Sex. Lots and lots of sex. At least four times a day, sometimes five, every day.

I deserve it to make up for everything I have unjustly suffered in my life to date. It is about time the world gave me something back. A beautiful woman caressing my genitalia to orgasm between her legs would be a start.

A decent song to listen to on the damn radio.
    If this is the best of possible worlds, what then are the others?
    ― Voltaire, Candide
    Likes Noon liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default RSVP

I deserve a reply.

Actually I want a reply. I am even on tippy toes waiting for a reply. If I had a telephone I would sit by the phone waiting for a reply.

I even have a sophisticated theory of why I should get a reply. I say the meaning of any post is its reply, so if you don't reply, I won't know what I mean.

But then I get mean. If you won't reply, it must mean there is something wrong with you and what better than psychology to describe, in faux neutral terms, what is wrong with you.

I jump up and down. I suppress my tears. How can you not reply? Don't you know what you are doing to me?

I don't know why, I don't know why I don't deserve a reply.

How can I get you to reply?

God know why you won't reply, I don't, I don't, I really don't know why you won't reply.

Please reply.

There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on