User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    That's okay. I would have been curious to try it but am not even sure if meat products are allowed through customs. The rebel in me was SOO tempted to send you some Kinder Surprise eggs exactly because they are illegal in the US.

my french buddy gets away with sending me fois gras all the time

and ommggggg my nephew would flip. Seriously he is SO IN LOVE with Kinder Surprise eggs, he watches them on youtube constantly.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    my french buddy gets away with sending me fois gras all the time

and ommggggg my nephew would flip. Seriously he is SO IN LOVE with Kinder Surprise eggs, he watches them on youtube constantly.
    Customs can't check *all* the boxes and the worst they can do is take them and send a move note to the receiver asking for $250 to take possession of said egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I would like some sharp, pungent English cheese. Double Gloucester, red Leicester, maybe some Wensleydale.

In exchange, I can offer crappy, fake, plastic American cheese. Kraft singles, anyone?
    Why didn't you offer Velveeta?

I think I can send someone salmon jerky (I'm in the US--Pacific Northwest!). They got some pretty neat snacks...pricey but good.

Forget another country. I need someone to send me some freaking Golden Flake Hot Chips from the South. Oh and some grits...real grits. @kyuuei you're down there, you seen hot chips in the store?!
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Why didn't you offer Velveeta?

I think I can send someone salmon jerky (I'm in the US--Pacific Northwest!). They got some pretty neat snacks...pricey but good.

Forget another country. I need someone to send me some freaking Golden Flake Hot Chips from the South. Oh and some grits...real grits. kyuuei you're down there, you seen hot chips in the store?!
    I'll see what I can throw together for ya! Im pretty sure my walmart has them.

You're making me want some of these now. I havent cooked grits in lord knows how long. Kitchen Window

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I sent off a treasure trove of goodies from America, and I got this awesome box today in return!

snackexchgerm.jpg

Super excited. My parents and I decided we'd cook up some good brats with the kraut and use the rest on sandwiches the next day. The kids DESTROYED the kinder eggs within 10 seconds of being around them, and now it's car-dragon-basketball outside.

Likes Red Herring, TreeBob, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@kyuuei The jello is woodruff flavor - something very German (mainly used in icecream and jello). The traditional sherbet candy also has some of it (the green blocks).
    Back when I lived in the USA in the nineties pumpernickel bread was very hard to get, not sure if you get it around the corner nowadays, but bread is one of those things you lust for as a Greman after a being abroad for a while and this one offers itself to longdistance shipping. Try it with northern style mettwurst spread or some creamcheese and pickles!
    I know you guys have Haribo but the recipe is a bit different here and there are dozents of different types. I got you the very classic ones that mainly differ from the international version in that they have less artificial coloring but also taste a bit different.
    The marzipan chocolate and the fix for the schnitzel should be self-explanatory.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    @kyuuei The jello is woodruff flavor - something very German (mainly used in icecream and jello). The traditional sherbet candy also has some of it (the green blocks).
    Back when I lived in the USA in the nineties pumpernickel bread was very hard to get, not sure if you get it around the corner nowadays, but bread is one of those things you lust for as a Greman after a being abroad for a while and this one offers itself to longdistance shipping. Try it with northern style mettwurst spread or some creamcheese and pickles!
    I know you guys have Haribo but the recipe is a bit different here and there are dozents of different types. I got you the very classic ones that mainly differ from the international version in that they have less artificial coloring but also taste a bit different.
    The marzipan chocolate and the fix for the schnitzel should be self-explanatory.
    It's all fantastic! I'm going to pick up some cornichons downtown tomorrow, and mix some creamed cheese, yogurt, and dill together and have me a grand old time with that bread! Also my nephews almost destroyed the gummy bears immediately upon seeing them.. I did get to try each flavor, but a house of 8 people doesn't allow for a high survival rate for gummy bears. The green one was definitely my favorite too. and they taste better in Germany than they do here. I dont like the ones here, I was pleasantly surprised.