User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes for both.

3 27.27%
  • No for both.

2 18.18%
  • Yes for those I love, no for the world.

6 54.55%
  • Yes for the world, no for those I love.

0 0%
First 12

Thread: Would you?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Nope and nope.

I'd only say yes if I were suicidal or terminally ill or something and about to die.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

Rogue heart

I could see myself sacrificing a great deal of my own happiness for the people I love and maybe even for people in general, however I'm not sure I would go to the extent you've mentioned or if that would be a good idea anyway. Let's say I'd do it for the people I love. First like ubot said: how can they be happy if I'm miserable?
    Which brings me to my next point: A lot depends upon what brings them happiness:what if their happiness consists in the misfortune of others? What if they take pleasure in things that are hurting others, even if they don't desire for others to suffer, the things that are crucial for their happiness even though unintentionally, might cause the suffering of other people. If I choose to do it for people in general again there's the question: could they all be truly happy if they know that their happiness comes with the price of one person being miserable for the rest of that persons life, or do they even deserve it if they're ok with that? Also is the state of permanent happiness truly what humanity needs?

*another thing: wouldn't choosing to be miserable to make other people happy make you happy because you've managed to do that for them, how can you be miserable if they're happy?
    Likes ubot liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    I could see myself sacrificing a great deal of my own happiness for the people I love and maybe even for people in general, however I'm not sure I would go to the extent you've mentioned or if that would be a good idea anyway. Let's say I'd do it for the people I love. First like ubot said: how can they be happy if I'm miserable?
    Which brings me to my next point: A lot depends upon what brings them happiness:what if their happiness consists in the misfortune of others? What if they take pleasure in things that are hurting others, even if they don't desire for others to suffer, the things that are crucial for their happiness even though unintentionally, might cause the suffering of other people. If I choose to do it for people in general again there's the question: could they all be truly happy if they know that their happiness comes with the price of one person being miserable for the rest of that persons life, or do they even deserve it if they're ok with that? Also is the state of permanent happiness truly what humanity needs?

*another thing: wouldn't choosing to be miserable to make other people happy make you happy because you've managed to do that for them, how can you be miserable if they're happy?
    Thanks for that, that's why I thought to add 'assuming both are irrefutably possible', so assuming it is possible for everyone to be happy at the same time, and for you to be miserable when everyone else is so happy, which obviously neither situation is actually that tangible.
    Likes Daenera liked this post