User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I was walking in Bourke Street Mall in Melbourne a couple of years ago, when I dropped my purse and all these coins went rolling everywhere. This nice guy in front of me bent down to help me pick them up, and when I looked up I realised it was Chris Isaak. I kind of just stammered ' oh thanks' and that was it. It was pretty cool though. He was out to play at the Melbourne Cup.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    I was walking in Bourke Street Mall in Melbourne a couple of years ago, when I dropped my purse and all these coins went rolling everywhere. This nice guy in front of me bent down to help me pick them up, and when I looked up I realised it was Chris Isaak. I kind of just stammered ' oh thanks' and that was it. It was pretty cool though. He was out to play at the Melbourne Cup.

Flashbacks to Wicked Game video....

evolves into
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INxJ

I wouldn't consider famous people "great".

However, I did see Adriana Lima in Vegas promoting VS. I saw Mena Suvari in a whole foods in N.Y. Saw Janeane Garofalo walking her dog and smoking in Greenwich Village. Hung out with Yanni while on a date with the pilot of his private jet.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I've encountered a few people who are well known in Australia, but probably wouldn't be known anywhere else. :P

My dad used to be an accountant in LA and worked for a number of well-known bands, though I can't remember which ones.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

I met Lebron and alot of the USA mens basketball team( my sister had a pretty decent convo with Allen Iverson) at Newark airport after the olympics in greece. Strangely though they pretty much got no attention especially in comparison to the womens team who had reporters lining up and interviewing them.

MBTI
    ISTP

Decided to resurrect this old thread to put in my two bits.

I am not a wrestling fan but I can recognize some wrestlers. I went to Club La Vela in Panama City Beach, FL one night in 1996 or 1997 and apparently they had a wrestling match right before I got there. I was chilling by the rail with a couple friends and standing within ten feet of us was Ric Flair, Eddie Guerrero, and Ted DiBiase. Eddie was fairly short but built, Ric was wearing the cheapest seafoam green jacket I have ever seen in my life, but he was greeting people and buying drinks for fans. Huge man, huge hands.

The same year during an MTV shoot (on the beach) of that Dr Drew sex show, I was about thirty feet from Dr Drew and his cohost (name escapes me), Marlin Wayans, Mike Meyers. I thought Mike would be funny but all he kept saying between takes was "moon raker".

Recently I saw John O'Hurley at the Mall of America, promoting and reading from some book he wrote.

Not that impressed with celebs, they are just people, and while I may envy their money I certainly don't envy their fame.

MBTI
    INTj

I never had any brushes with greatness, but people who met me now have that honor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Met Joss Whedon in 2005, which was pretty damned awesome.

Met Ron D. Moore in 2006, which was almost as awesome.

Bumped (quite literally) into Neil Gaiman last year while he was on his book tour in Oz. Which was quite hilarious because he was heading from the toilet, I looked up into his face, and mumbled "sorry... oh. OHHHHHH!" *complete mortification* and he smiled at me. Couldn't run away fast enough.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I was driving once, I was up north where my mom lives. I was in a major rush, forgot something at the house. Then I had to stop for a bunch of people crossing the street. I was annoyed. "Damn tourists. I wish I could just run them over." But I waited patiently. Just as I was about to speed off, I caught a glimpse of the "tourists" that I had stopped for.

It was none other than Martha Stewart with an entourage!!
    I was like, "oh!! hi!!" Through my open window.
    She smiled and waved. The people who were with her all started laughing.

Makes sense! My mom lived just up the street from her at the time!! (It was just at the time of her insider trading scandal too, which made it that much more exciting..)

MBTI
    ENFP

Ahh, the name dropping thread.

I've met former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, former US ambassador to Canada David Wilkins, several other politicians and judges, I work for one of the top lawyers in Canada, my father framed a picture for Frank Mahovlich in return for a signed hockey card of him (!), have been within 10 feet of Coldplay's Chris Martin and 15 feet of Our Lady Peace's Raine Maida, I've seen an Ottawa newscaster in the grocery store I used to shop at, and I've been on TV a few times.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger