User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My two favorites are:

When my old hippie band was recording our album in NYC, Luscious Jackson were doing post-production on their latest album (Fever In Fever Out) in the studio next door. We ended up hanging out in the lounge when Jill Cunniff (lead singer) came in to hang out. I asked her to teach me a song from her side project album (Kostars) and she did. She then had us drive her home, but had us drop her at the corner so we wouldn't know where she lived.

The other was in 99, the Chili Peppers were having a fan club only show at the top of the World Trade Center. My brother and I went down there, and he got us in pretending we were working as crew for VH1 (my bro worked for CNN as a sat truck driver at the time). When the real VH1 did arrive, they had us help them setup the cameras and lights and then got to watch them interview Anthony and Flea, and then I got to shake their hands and shoot the shit with them before the show. One of the best nights of my life.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    The other was in 99, the Chili Peppers were having a fan club only show at the top of the World Trade Center. My brother and I went down there, and he got us in pretending we were working as crew for VH1 (my bro worked for CNN as a sat truck driver at the time). When the real VH1 did arrive, they had us help them setup the cameras and lights and then got to watch them interview Anthony and Flea, and then I got to shake their hands and shoot the shit with them before the show. One of the best nights of my life.
    That's a great story. I also met Anthony and Chad outside of a special gig for 600 people at the TLA in Philly in '99. I had been one of the winners of a radio station essay contest regarding school violence post-Columbine. The top 300 essayists (with one friend each) got to see the Chili Peppers in tiny venue on South Street.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

My Husband almost married Andie MacDowell last week (his version not mine). They were on a flight together from Salt Lake City to RDU, he was in first class and she in coach. When their eyes locked he was sure it was meant to be, he beat her in a video game. Not sure what happened though as he's still in our bed upstairs.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

LEAVING ME FOR ANDIE MACDOWELL!

Doesn't anyone care?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP

lolwut

MBTI
    INTj

Don't get me started, Ivy.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INFP

Kobe bryant lives a mile away from mah house. I once saw him at bloomingdales' in the lingerie dept with the wife & kids. True story.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Kobe bryant lives a mile away from mah house. I once saw him at bloomingdales' in the lingerie dept with the wife & kids. True story.
    My friend grew up right near him in Lower Merion Twp., PA. He had a friend who went to high school with Kobe. Sounds like he was kind of a jerk even back then.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP

Yeh, I wouldn't consider him greatness.

If he were Snoop dogg, I think I would have fainted.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Not impressed. There's not a lot of places to shop in the Newport Coast area. Plus, his wife went to Huntington when he first met her (lot's of stories about him around the school and her house, etc.). Now is you were hanging out with Rodman in Newport one night and he got into a drunken brawl ending with you pulling him off someone. . . now that would be impressive. . .
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight