123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default New Year's Resolutions 2015

Resolutions? What have you got for your 2015 goals? or changes/improvements?

Write them down on a paper pad, type them on a computer notepad, post them in this thread, or have them in your head.

Goals are the anchors of progress.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Meh. I never make resolutions.

My life is an ongoing improvement campaign.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Meh. I never make resolutions.

My life is an ongoing improvement campaign.
    Dates give anchors to nodes of improvements. Time is a utility highly useful to life's endeavours.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Dates give anchors to nodes of improvements. Time is a utility highly useful to life's endeavours.
    I see a very high failure rate with resolutions by the people who make them. Resolutions do not give a good rate of return.

So why do them? Boredom I suppose. And well wishes. Especially for those who like to make lists.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Arctic Hysteria liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    I see a very high failure rate with resolutions by the people who make them. Resolutions do not give a good rate of return.

So why do them? Boredom I suppose. And well wishes. Especially for those who like to make lists.
    Not always true. Always part of the mental game of pushing yourself to do things. Even if you have not completed them on time as long as the pull force to complete that resolution is placed by the dated anchor it'd be worth it.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Oaky View Post
    Not always true. Always part of the mental game of pushing yourself to do things. Even if you have not completed them on time as long as the pull force to complete that resolution is placed by the dated anchor it'd be worth it.
    Oh, yeah! Definitely not going to hurt anything to try. Unless the feelings of failure at NOT succeeding throw a person into a tailspin. Meaning failing at something usually incites more negative feelings than just not trying something. I think as long as resolutions are done with an aire of fun, then no harm will be done. But if someone is really desperately feeling like crap, and makes a resolution to fix themselves, and fails, then that could thrust the person into a depression that otherwise would not have occurred.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    Life Path 11

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Become fluent in Spanish. I'm currently at the level where I can read and speak simple sentences and phrases. I'd like to be well versed enough in the language so that I can comprehend full-length novels and be able to carry on an intelligent conversation without having to think too much about translating everything in my head and wondering if it's right.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, Oaky, cm81 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm going to have a Word of the Year, not a resolution. I've done it for the last couple of years since someone suggested the idea to me, and it's much easier on the mind than having to achieve an ideal. It's more that I will choose a word and somehow that word comes to mind and becomes aspirational...it guides and builds my character formation, I think.

In 2013 my word was Responder. It fitted both the year and many of the events within the year. I don't have my word for 2014 ready to share yet. It may take a few weeks into the New Year for me to be sure of my word for the year, but after that I'm good to go...
    Likes Oaky, Video liked this post

Hm I have no idea...

What will you work on @Oaky?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

It's always the same mental note every year, yet I never fulfil them and I'm starting to wonder if I even try, my bursts of energy are incredibly sparse. It's the usual try and lose weight yo, try and actually study, go to lectures, be 'friendly', be social, communicate with the rents, be a 'good' person, hold on to your faith, make goals, vomit sunshine and rainbows if poss, blah blah blah.
    Likes decrescendo, Oaky liked this post