Enneagram

Merged.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm going to order new dishes at restaurants instead of my usual. I'm going to try a tiramisu (saw that on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares) and I'm going to eat a lot more cheesecake and pies. (I had zero cheesecake in 2014.)
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes Ivy, gromit liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I must not give in to despair and hopelessness. I must believe that I have a purpose, embrace it, go forth and conquer.

Goals:

By 2nd week of January (end of my holiday)
    Create a structured, weekly timetable for my day.
    Return to the gym, and alternate strength training with aerobic exercise daily.

By March
    Complete my online composition course with Distinction - 92% or higher.
    Visit the Kona Brewery when I am in Hawaii.

By July
    Create a full composition; beginning to end, no gaps. It can be a march, dance, sonata movement, whatever. But something.....
    Get at least a B+ average in all my university papers.
    Get my learners' licence.
    Get my body fat down 5% but stay at the same weight; run 10km (hills included).
    Move from extract to partial grain brewing.
    Spend more time practicing my piano; aim to move up to advanced.
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Ok I thought of two things.

Consistently get more sleep. 8-8.5 hours. I probably currently average around 7-7.5. So, not bad, but days with less than that are pretty rough. Especially the first part of the day...

And I want to do more good things for other people when it's within my capacity to do so. I'm going to be helping with ESL for refugees starting in January. I think after I do that for a few weeks, see if further opportunities present themselves.
    Here's a nice link about words to say in 2015.

I want to say more "thank you"s and more "how can I help you?"s this year
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

I have no idea. The future seems gray and dull and frightening right now. I don't know what I want, or I want things that are bad for me or things that are too good for me.

My life is superficially okay and I could continue along this path with very little effort and fade into comfortable obscurity but thinking about it makes me feel sick. I need to break through to something more but I don't know what that would be. I need to fix me but don't know where to start.

On a less maudlin note, this is not a good time for me to make resolutions or start new things. I've already done what I can in terms of my reach goals and can only wait to see if they'll go anywhere. If they don't, I have to find some other way to start over but I won't know until later next year. Until then, fingers fucking crossed, I guess.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

There's something about the "new year's resolution" phenomenon that seems quite pretentious, especially when the list is very detailed, long, and posted on facebook for everyone to see. But that's just my thought.

However, I do have 3 things I plan to achieve within the next year, that is to get a bit fitter, to finally learn how to swim comfortably, and to get a good grip on basic Swedish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I'm going to try a tiramisu (saw that on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares)
    Make sure you get the very authentic one! I'm a big fan of this prince of dessert!
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes Tellenbach, swordpath liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Purchase and start learning how to use Digicel FlipBook.

If I want self-expression that's the medium I think I'd like to use.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

2015 (baring a setting-in of labor in the next few hours and a speedy birth) will be the year my first child is born. That will shape the entire year 2015 and makes it somewhat unlikely that I'll miraculously have more time and discipline for stuff I somehow didn't get around to doing this year or the previous years.

However, as far as ambitions go:

important:
    - quickly recover from giving birth as far as general wellbeing and energy are concerned and eventually regain (or improve) my previous physical condition. Since I was slim (but unathletic) before and didn't gain any non-baby-weight (i.e. the obvious belly is the only thing that changed, the rest of my body remained the same), a bit of swimming and jogging (mainly for the cardio) together with carrying the little one should to the trick (a friend with a 1 year old daughter says her back muscles were never stronger!)
    - keep working as soon and as much as I can to feed our little family. Really curious how easy or hard it will be to put that into practice. Thank god I'm a freelance working from home anyway and can freely dipose of my own tim!!!!!

Nice to have:
    - organize a vacation for the three of us for the summer (maybe a week or so somewhere on the North Sea or the Irish coast)

If there is time and energy left:
    - pick up Chinese again and stick with it this time, damn it!
    - more drawing (got a grapic tablet from my SO for christmas so digital instead of paper would be an interesting new option)
    - give the mandolin a second chance
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I'm going to order new dishes at restaurants instead of my usual. I'm going to try a tiramisu (saw that on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares) and I'm going to eat a lot more cheesecake and pies. (I had zero cheesecake in 2014.)
    This is a pretty cool resolution. Also Tiramisu is my favorite it's rich but not overly sweet, light weight, and dangerously addictive. However, it is very much so what I consider to be the opposite of cheesecake. It's more of a mousse like texture than a heavy cake-like pudding-like pie consistency. go for a great authentic place to make it well, but even not-so-well-made ones aren't awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    2015 (baring a setting-in of labor in the next few hours and a speedy birth) will be the year my first child is born. That will shape the entire year 2015 and makes it somewhat unlikely that I'll miraculously have more time and discipline for stuff I somehow didn't get around to doing this year or the previous years.
    - pick up Chinese again and stick with it this time, damn it!
    - more drawing (got a grapic tablet from my SO for christmas so digital instead of paper would be an interesting new option)
    - give the mandolin a second chance
    Luck with your baby! And good luck with Chinese
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

I want to be calmer and less annoying.
    Likes Xann liked this post