User Tag List

First 789

Thread: Veggie people?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's all I ever wanted.
    Does this mean you're buying me dinner? I want miso smoked tofu with a mustard green stir fry!

I've done research and always come up with (for the general public) "A moderate amount of meat is better than a large amount or no meat at all."
    But were those studies taking into account meat replacement? I mean, just in terms of pure protein, you could easily get the minimum amount of protein through fake meat (seitan, soy, etc.).
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Does this mean you're buying me dinner? I want miso smoked tofu with a mustard green stir fry!
    You buy, I cook. Steak.

But were those studies taking into account meat replacement? I mean, just in terms of pure protein, you could easily get the minimum amount of protein through fake meat (seitan, soy, etc.).
    Yeah, they were. Protein is not all created equal. Do I really have to spam you with internet articles? I think we both have better things to do than wade through them.

MBTI
    ENTP

I just read an article on the deficiencies resulting from a vegetarian diet, so I don't think I'll ever ride that bus. You don't see many (I would say "any" but I'm sure there's ONE somewhere) pro athlete vegetarians. If you eat eggs and drink milk I think you'll be OK though.
    These statements are ripe with hidden asterisks and unspecified variables.

Vegetarian diets which aren't properly balanced? Yes, there's a good chance of deficiencies... just as many meat-based diets are proving to be bad for people who don't incorporate greens into their meals... I know plenty of vegetarians (in India, Gujaratis and many South Indians are frequently vegetarians) who are in perfect health, and while they have plenty of milk, they don't touch eggs. And Jains (who follow the strictest religion-based diet ever... they don't even eat roots) are not know for their ill-health. As for the myth about proteins... vegetarians can get perfect protein coverage from non-meat sources. Maybe it's easier for a meat eater to pack in the protein in a single sitting... he/she has to cook a little less, think a little less hard about it... but the fact is, being vegetarian and having a perfectly well-balanced diet is easily obtained, and many of the problems of meat are obviated... such as more difficult digestion....

And one more thing... people who eat meat tend to have stinkier feces than those who stick to vegetarian diets.

Most people in GENERAL aren't pro-athletes... the number of pro athletes in the world is a fraction of a percent of the total population... factor in that vegetarians are also a minority of the world population, and the chances of popping out fully vegetarian pro-athletes is extremely slim barring all discussion of nourishment. Although some of the other posts citing people like Carl Lewis and federations of pro-athletes who are vegetarian give your statement the lie.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not a huge fan of meat, except for seafood, which I wouldn't want to give up. I tried being a vegetarian once, but it just seemed so much harder. I was constantly thinking about food, it seemed like. But I don't naturally eat a lot of red meat or chicken. And I would prefer not to have any animals killed to feed me.

MBTI
    ISTx

Whey protein has higher bioavailability, but I'm thinking it's a milk product.
    Indeed it is.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

There are quite a few veggie people in the movie Awakenings.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Well, if you really want to get technical, medieval Europe was pretty nast all around. I mean, they thought 'too much' bathing was bad for you.
    Someone needs to inform Italy and France.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

Vegetarian.