User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Veggie people?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    So, Laser, I understand why you'd say that and don't think you're a lying hypocrite
    Heh, you can call me whatever you want. I don't care. I'm mostly getting amusement from the new words in this thread like "flexisexual", lol. But yeah you are right in that it's just easier to say you're vegetarian. If people want to know more after that, then I just tell them as they ask questions.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Heh, you can call me whatever you want. I don't care. I'm mostly getting amusement from the new words in this thread like "flexisexual", lol. But yeah you are right in that it's just easier to say you're vegetarian. If people want to know more after that, then I just tell them as they ask questions.
    Yeah now you mention it, that was a pretty good new word, huh?

I just thought of something else as well. If you're a veggie for reasons of not wanting to eat meat AT ALL regardless of how the animal died or in what circumstances the meat was obtained, then that'd be different from say, someone who was a veggie cos they didn't agree with killing animals specifically to get meat from them or even on purpose at all. Presumably the latter people would, at a pinch, eat carrion...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Me and Twin Sis are both vegans for necessary health conditions.
    Most of our friends have also considered cutting out most meat, because of hormones in the product. I know it's lessened our body pain significantly to be vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I eat fish or some type of seafood once a month. Other than that, I'm Vegan. Not for value reasons either. I'm a 90% raw foodist, which just so happens to be a vegan diet.

Dairy =
    Wow. A raw food diet is primo. I can't do it because of allergies, but it seems like a great thing for those who can.

I was curious - for those here who a vegan/vegetarian, where do you get your sources of protein? Right now, since I've only been out of the hospital for a few months, I'm still kind of limited, so I was looking for some suggestions. I'm amenable to tofu, but I'm not sure how to prepare it, except for frying it in a pan, and we can't do that. Is there a way to cook it in a microwave?

MBTI
    ISTx

Can't think of any vegetables that I particularly enjoy (minus salad). However, I eat them regularly as they are good for you.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    iNFj

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I was curious - for those here who a vegan/vegetarian, where do you get your sources of protein? Right now, since I've only been out of the hospital for a few months, I'm still kind of limited, so I was looking for some suggestions. I'm amenable to tofu, but I'm not sure how to prepare it, except for frying it in a pan, and we can't do that. Is there a way to cook it in a microwave?
    Well, if you're done for Boca products, you can do a lot. You can also look at vegan cooking guides because often times, it talks about how to make saetian (Don't know if I spelled that right) sausage. While it does take a while to make it can do a lot. You can microwave after you stick it in the fridge.

Anyways, I myself have been an ovo-lacto for going on a year now. I haven't had any health problems since. While everyone was sick with the flu, I felt great. Anyways, that's all I got so far. But I do like the record of some people. (10 years = )

MBTI
    ENTP

Heh, you can call me whatever you want. I don't care. I'm mostly getting amusement from the new words in this thread like "flexisexual", lol.
    Yeah now you mention it, that was a pretty good new word, huh?
    Sirs, that's "flexitarian". Wouldn't want people who hadn't gone through the thread to come away with misunderstandings.

I just thought of something else as well. If you're a veggie for reasons of not wanting to eat meat AT ALL regardless of how the animal died or in what circumstances the meat was obtained, then that'd be different from say, someone who was a veggie cos they didn't agree with killing animals specifically to get meat from them or even on purpose at all. Presumably the latter people would, at a pinch, eat carrion...
    Very pertinent point. Let's name the kinds, shall we?

Fundamentalist Vegetarian: no-to-meat-no-matter-what-no-way-no-how-who-cares-how-it-died-get-that-shit-off-my-plate-ooh-are-those-lima-beans vegetarian.

Passive-Aggressive Vegetarian: hey-I-don't-want-any-part-in-this-unnecessary-murder-particularly-because-we-can-do-without-factory-slaughtered-oh-I-mean-concentration-camp-flesh-but-if-it's-part-of-the-natural-scheme-cause-you-know-there-is-such-a-thing-as-natural-and-natural-is-obvious-so-why-am-I-having-steak-oh-don't-worry-Fluffy-died-of-natural-causes vegetarian.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm a vegetarian. I think it is common for INFPs. I choose not to eat animals for ethical reasons. My value sysem is based on compassion, and it isn't compassionate to kill animals to satisfy our appetites when there are other more practical food options that don't involve animal sacrifice or causing unnecessary suffering to living creatures.

My problem was to eat enough greens. So I was very pleased to get my Vitamix and make greeen smoothies - delicious.

My next problem was to get enough omega 3. So I slip down to the fish market near me and come home with an oily fish which I pop into my steamer right beside my Vitamix.

Can you think what I might be missing?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I eat beans and rice together fairly often. I think that is the healthiest source of protein. I usually only eat tofu at restaurants, so I'm not sure how to prepare it. I'm not sure how vegie meat compares to other sources protein-wise, but a lot of it is made with wheat gluton, so I don't know if that will give you allergy problems. (Also you should really be more concerned with B12 than protein, since it is harder to find in foods.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    iNFj

I eat beans and rice together fairly often. I think that is the healthiest source of protein. I usually only eat tofu at restaurants, so I'm not sure how to prepare it. I'm not sure how vegie meat compares to other sources protein-wise, but a lot of it is made with wheat gluton, so I don't know if that will give you allergy problems. (Also you should really be more concerned with B12 than protein, since it is harder to find in foods.)
    If I remember correctly you get that for digesting animal products like Milk and eggs. But as long as one takes thier multi-vitamin daily, one should not have a problem.