User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Default What do you make people do when they lose a game?

You know--you're playing truth or dare and they pick dare, and you tell them to lick a window and they forfeit. Or you're playing a board game and the other team loses.

What's the incentive to win? Sometimes for bragging rights.. but what about all those suckers that are just playing for fun? I like making incentives to not lose more than I like making incentives to win.

We used to play cards with a few friends of mine, and we'd make the loser of the round write the numbers 1-10 in the air with their butt while we all counted along.

I've made a guy wear make up the rest of the night once.

Once in Honduras, we were in a bar where if a girl beat you at a game you either had to pay $20 for open bar drinks for anyone who wanted them (beers were $1 a pop there) or you had to get on the bar top and dance Coyote Ugly style. I have beginner's luck sometimes, and so I played four different games and won on the first try at all of them. So I had 4 dudes up there dancing to the same song. I still have that picture too.

I've made someone wear their socks on their hands while trying to drink and chill at a party.

What things do you guys make people do when they lose at a game?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I don't play games like this *shrug*. I garner no joy from making people do stuff like that.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes velveteen liked this post

I'm one of those sticks in the mud who'd just refuse to play in the first place if it came down to being 'punished' for losing.

I vaguely remember the one and only time I played truth or dare when I was a kid. Someone dared me to do something and I just said "no, that's stupid, I'm not doing it".
    "But you have to!" they said.
    "Well I'm not doing it. What are you going to do about it?"
    I was told to leave if I wasn't going to abide by the rules, so I did. That was that, never played truth or dare since.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Just winning is enough

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

All I'm hearing is a bunch of sticks in the mud that want to hold hands and sing or all sit on a couch and watch TV at a party. Where is your sense of friendly competition?!

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I drag my opponents, cold and naked, to center ice, where I very inappropriately beat them with a hockey stick until they bleed from the kneecaps. Meanwhile, any number of Britney Spears dance-pop tracks pours from the arena's speakers and all of the spectators throw dollar bills.

AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~
    Likes Legion, Totenkindly, Thalassa, Ivy, velveteen liked this post

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

^^ I'm kinda surprised those hockey sticks have no spikes on them. Have you gone soft?
    And they've had time to develop an immunity to Britney Spears; she's so, like 1999.

You need to up the ante!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes kyuuei, Luv Deluxe, Thalassa liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

this is exactly why i don't like playing games with some people. why does losing or winning have to be such a thing. competition has always been my least favorite part of play.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes prplchknz, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

as one of the least competetive people i know, unless your gonna beat the shit out of me, what you're saying probably won't motivate me to win, a lot of times i get bored and just leave.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Deluxe View Post
    I drag my opponents, cold and naked, to center ice, where I very inappropriately beat them with a hockey stick until they bleed from the kneecaps. Meanwhile, any number of Britney Spears dance-pop tracks pours from the arena's speakers and all of the spectators throw dollar bills.

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    this is exactly why i don't like playing games with some people. why does losing or winning have to be such a thing. competition has always been my least favorite part of play.
    I mean.. it isn't a big thing. But it is fun to feel competitiveness in one's life. It's fun to say, "Hah! You made up that stupid rule, and now YOU have to do it!" It's really just a way to create pretend pressure in a non-pressure sort of thing. I mean, games can be fun in their own right, but sometimes at parties and stuff it's fun to act silly and do silly things--that's sort of what makes parties lively. You add excitement with something free and not really that embarrassing.

I mean, is it seriously THAT distressing for everyone on the forum to say, "Oh, I lost at this nonsensical game.. and Now I have to write numbers in the air. With my butt. In front of my friends. I'll never recover. "

I can't imagine everyone on here is THAT stressed out about acting a bit silly in their lives.